• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Pokemon Bluesea?

Did Game Freak add a GTS spoof detector to the GTS? i always trade legit Pokemon,often my own that I store on Pokecheck...I havent got room for it all in one game and some are on my Gen IV games cause I hate the transfer process...and NEVER anything hacked or Pokegenned/Pokesaved...But now I'm getting the "67" error that means hack when I select anything downloaded for GTS trade. I don't get it because I know they aren't hacked.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Is it still possible to reset for Natures to catch Reshiram after the Cutscene in DragonSpiral Tower in W2?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

What is the earliest time i can trade pokemon between my HG and my platinum
What are you planning to trade and which version do you want to trade early in? If it is HeartGold version and you are trading an event Pokémon you can trade after you obtain the National Pokédex from Professor Oak in Mr Pokémon's house. If you are trading a normal Pokémon you can trade when you have at least 2 Pokémon and I think the first time you can get PokéBalls is after you have gone back to Professor Elm's lab to report your rival's name.

(For Heartgold):

So, I know that you can't speed up time with the DS settings when it comes to the Safari Zone. That said, can I play other games on my DS during that time period, while waitng?

What are you planning to trade and which version do you want to trade early in? If it is HeartGold version and you are trading an event Pokémon you can trade after you obtain the National Pokédex from Professor Oak in Mr Pokémon's house. If you are trading a normal Pokémon you can trade when you have at least 2 Pokémon and I think the first time you can get PokéBalls is after you have gone back to Professor Elm's lab to report your rival's name.

A few shiny pokemon from my platinum such as a huntail , charmander and a few others.

A few shiny pokemon from my platinum such as a huntail , charmander and a few others.
That would mean that you will be trying to trade in HeartGold very early in the game and my answer about trading normal Pokémon is the one you should read. You should also note that you will need to have been in Cherrygrove City for three different notable reasons which are the first time to see the running shoes man, the second time to battle your rival and a third time to trade your newly caught Pokémon to Platinum version.

That would mean that you will be trying to trade in HeartGold very early in the game and my answer about trading normal Pokémon is the one you should read. You should also note that you will need to have been in Cherrygrove City for three different notable reasons which are the first time to see the running shoes man, the second time to battle your rival and a third time to trade your newly caught Pokémon to Platinum version.

So basically get the pokedex and catch the pokemon needed and head for the nearest pokemon center am i correct?

It's just a short question I've been wondering about, so I post it in this thread. The ghost Pokemon in the first generation are ghost/poison, but they learn no poison techniques except two via TM (and three in the 5th gen). I've been puzzled to why they don't learn poison gas, considering that they are gas formed, at least the first in the line, the other two are more like shadows though. Is there a reason to why they don't learn this attack? I think that stronger techniques maybe is too powerful for them, but a simple poisoning attack they should have. Did GF overlook the possibility, or was there another reason for not learning poison gas?

So basically get the pokedex and catch the pokemon needed and head for the nearest pokemon center am i correct?
Yes that is correct.

Hi, I have two questions about Gen III games!

1 - After beating the Hoenn League, if you run into Lati@s, but than it flees, are you still able to catch it again?

2 - I had a Dusclops who was facing off against a fighting type Pokemon, and it than used Seismic Toss which effected my Dusclops. Is something wrong with my game, or does Seismic Toss not take type into account up until Gen IV?

If you can help me out, thanks so much!

Hi, I have two questions about Gen III games!

1 - After beating the Hoenn League, if you run into Lati@s, but than it flees, are you still able to catch it again?

2 - I had a Dusclops who was facing off against a fighting type Pokemon, and it than used Seismic Toss which effected my Dusclops. Is something wrong with my game, or does Seismic Toss not take type into account up until Gen IV?

If you can help me out, thanks so much!

1. Yes Latios and Latias are roaming Pokémon so they automatically flee when you encounter them but they will go to different location each time you change location so you need to recognise its pattern of movement and guess when it will be in the same location as your location.

2. Did the fighting type Pokémon use the move Foresight? That move allows Normal and Fighting type moves to affect Ghost type Pokémon.

Last edited:

2. Did the fighting type Pokémon use the move Foresight? That move allows Normal and Fighting type moves affect Ghost type Pokémon.

It's very possible, and probably what happened, but I do forget the whole thing. Anyways, thanks so much!

looking for a minor bit of AR help

not sure exactly where to post this but it's been awhile since I've played pokemon, but when I was playing I was trying to breed strong pokemon and so I got a cheat code to tell me how good a pokemons stats would be once they reached 100... something like potential/invisible stats or some such thing like that (I forget what the stats are called)

well I can't remember the button code to activate it, and I can't find my notes for it...

so if anybody knows what I'm talking about, and knows what button combination I need to activate the code, that'd be super helpful, as I'd like to get back to breeding for strong pokemon and don't want to have to go through the long round about way of checking those stats which would involve if I recall right, a wifi battle with all the pokemon instantly at set for the battle to 100 and then a special online calculator

After i get there what do i do?

Yes that is correct.

so where and what do i do when i get there?

Last edited:
Re: Simple Questions (Gen 5)

can i catch all pokemon in national pokedex...?
sry, i'm newbie in pokemon game..:dumb:

Which Pokémon versions are you playing? You can't catch every Pokémon in the National Pokédex with just one version unless you trade with other versions or trade online with other people. There are also some legendary Pokémon which are still unobtainable without using the PokéTransfer Lab to transfer Pokémon from Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver versions (the Sinnoh legendary Pokémon can now be obtained in Black 2, White 2 and the Dream Radar). There are also some Pokémon that can only be obtained by downloading by Wi-Fi connection at a specific time or at an event in a specific location. These Pokémon are called event Pokémon. I've completed the National Pokédex in Pearl, Black and Black 2 versions so it is possible.

Last edited:

Which Pokémon versions are you playing? You can't catch every Pokémon in the National Pokédex with just one version unless you trade with other versions or trade online with other people. There are also some legendary Pokémon which are still unobtainable without using the PokéTransfer Lab to transfer Pokémon from Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver versions (the Sinnoh legendary Pokémon can now be obtained in Black 2, White 2 and the Dream Radar). There are also some Pokémon that can only be obtained by downloading by Wi-Fi connection at a specific time or at an event in a specific location. These Pokémon are called event Pokémon. I've completed the National Pokédex in Pearl, Black and Black 2 versions so it is possible.

thx..
ehm, so, for all pokemon game, just can catch pokemon in that region (sinnoh,etc) pokedex and other pokemon in national pokedex just can get from trade and event..?:dumb:

I play in emerald (with vba emu), platinum n black(with desmume)....
once more :XD2:
can my pkmon in emerald trade with my pkmon in platinum/black..?
or just can trade with same console gba(vba) with gba(vba) and nds(desmume) with nds(desmume)..?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom