• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

My god I need help.

So I have just came home with a pre-owned pokemon black game (which had a victini in it, I was shocked!), and it had a few pokemon I transfered to pokemon black 2 (DAT VICTINI). I planned on starting a new save file but then something caught my eye.

It was a mysterious egg obtained at ----------, and the date received is 9/25/10 (christmas event?). The pokemon is in a cherish ball, and it is holding a rowap berry... Either way, I have been trying to hatch it and now it has the description, "Sounds can be heard from inside! It will hatch soon!", but every time it says "oh?" It never hatches, I have heard of bad eggs before but um... could someone please help me..? >_<

Oh, and also, this guy has obviously hacked before, he has 638 master balls in his bag. >_>
Help? Q_Q

It sounds like this guy's hackinng screwed up the game. No wonder he got rid of it. I'm sorry, but it looks like that copy is glitchy and messed up. I don't know how you can fix the problem. :(

My god I need help.

So I have just came home with a pre-owned pokemon black game (which had a victini in it, I was shocked!), and it had a few pokemon I transfered to pokemon black 2 (DAT VICTINI). I planned on starting a new save file but then something caught my eye.

It was a mysterious egg obtained at ----------, and the date received is 9/25/10 (christmas event?). The pokemon is in a cherish ball, and it is holding a rowap berry... Either way, I have been trying to hatch it and now it has the description, "Sounds can be heard from inside! It will hatch soon!", but every time it says "oh?" It never hatches, I have heard of bad eggs before but um... could someone please help me..? >_<

Oh, and also, this guy has obviously hacked before, he has 638 master balls in his bag. >_>
Help? Q_Q

Have you traded the egg yet to Pokémon Black 2? If you haven't I suggest you don't because it could wind up maybe damaging your save file. Another thing, was Victini the only Event Pokémon you traded to your game, one way you can find out if the Victini or any other Event Pokémon you traded are legit is by going to "Mystery Gift" on the main menu of the used Pokémon Black game and then going to "Check The Card Album", look to see if any Event Pokémon you traded have Wonder Cards, in this case you said you traded over Victini assuming that the copy of the game is American only 3 Victini have been given out in America...

1. The Liberty Pass which let's you go to Liberty Garden so that you can catch a Lv. 15 Victini yourself in the game. This event ran from March 6th 2011-April 27th 2011. The Victini in this Event has the ID Number of the trainer who caught it.
2. The Movie 14 Victini Event, which gives you a Lv. 50 Victini holding a Fire Gem and knowing Reshiram's and Zekrom's signature moves Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt as well as V-create and Searing Shot. The Event ran from December 3rd 2011-December 31st 2011. The Victini's OT is Movie14 and the ID Number is 12031.
3. The third is actually the same as the second one. It was re-released for I guess people who didn't get it the first time back in December of 2011. It has the the same OT and ID Number. The Event ran from June 12th 2012-June 26th 2012.

Hope that this helped you a little ^_^

Help? Q_Q

Have you traded the egg yet to Pokémon Black 2? If you haven't I suggest you don't because it could wind up maybe damaging your save file. Another thing, was Victini the only Event Pokémon you traded to your game, one way you can find out if the Victini or any other Event Pokémon you traded are legit is by going to "Mystery Gift" on the main menu of the used Pokémon Black game and then going to "Check The Card Album", look to see if any Event Pokémon you traded have Wonder Cards, in this case you said you traded over Victini assuming that the copy of the game is American only 3 Victini have been given out in America...

1. The Liberty Pass which let's you go to Liberty Garden so that you can catch a Lv. 15 Victini yourself in the game. This event ran from March 6th 2011-April 27th 2011. The Victini in this Event has the ID Number of the trainer who caught it.
2. The Movie 14 Victini Event, which gives you a Lv. 50 Victini holding a Fire Gem and knowing Reshiram's and Zekrom's signature moves Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt as well as V-create and Searing Shot. The Event ran from December 3rd 2011-December 31st 2011. The Victini's OT is Movie14 and the ID Number is 12031.
3. The third is actually the same as the second one. It was re-released for I guess people who didn't get it the first time back in December of 2011. It has the the same OT and ID Number. The Event ran from June 12th 2012-June 26th 2012.

Hope that this helped you a little ^_^

The strange thing is that I can move the egg into my pc, so it isn't really a bother. I've heard that bad ones usually permenantley take a pokemon slot or something like that. Also it wouldn't let me trade the egg to black 2 so no I didn't transfer it haha. Anyways thank you I will reset it now :)

Oh btw the victini is legit, he had a liberty pass in his card deck thing, sadly though it can't learn any of it's really cool signature moves :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Soft-resetting for a shiny. PLEASE HELP :c

Okay okay so I'm soft-resetting in my Sapphire for a shiny Torchic. Now I watched a couple youtube vids and noticed one person said it was about timing and your "frames" and getting the "shiny frame" another said that after 500 or so soft-resets you should start over get a new id and try again and so on. But another person posted a video of just button mashing and they got one. So which way works best?

:confused:

P.s. I got the shiny poochyena. FML.

Started playing Pokemon again

I just bought a Nintendo 3DS XL a few days ago, along with Pokemon White Version 2. I first played when I was very young, starting with Pokemon Yellow. The last game I played was Diamond, and everything in between.

I guess I am just overwhelmed with all of the crazy interaction options..

So, could someone answer/explain: What is the most basic type of trading/battling in Generation V games? (preferably Black and White 2)
And how do I go about doing so?

Okay! Work Up/Baton Pass combo for my Eeveelution Run!

Who should get it? I have a Serious Flareon, a Bashful Vaporeon, a Rash Jolteon, a Careful Leafeon, a Quirky Espeon, and a Lax Umbreon.

Should I give Jolteon Agility/Baton Pass, or should I give Flareon Flame Charge instead? I'm probably gonna give Agility to Jolteon anyway regardless. Then again... Flame Charge isn't available until after the Hall of Fame.

Maybe I should give the Work Up/Baton Pass combo to Umbreon?

Work Up/Baton Pass combo would go pretty well with Umbreon, considering that it's a bit more of a tank/status inflicter than the other Eeveelutions.

Work Up/Baton Pass combo would go pretty well with Umbreon, considering that it's a bit more of a tank/status inflicter than the other Eeveelutions.
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing, since it doesn't seeme to fit with much else anyway.

How about this for movesets?

Umbreon: Work Up, Baton Pass, Moonlight, Dark-type move I haven't decided on

Espeon: Cut, Psychic, Heal Bell, Morning Sun

Jolteon: Rain Dance, Thunder, Agility, Baton Pass

Vaporeon: Surf, Dive, Waterfall, Aurora Beam

Flareon: Fire Fang/Flamethrower/Flame Charge, Sunny Day, Toxic, Strength

Leafeon: Leaf Blade, Return, Dig, Swords Dance

Have all the berries been released for the Dream World yet? Which ones haven't been released, if any?

(This forum is unnecessarily complicated. I have no idea if this is meant to be posted here or if I should have made a new thread about it....)

So, my Black Version 2 game seems to have some sort of saving error.

I went to play a brand new copy of it. I've had it for a few months, but I hadn't bothered before today (honestly I don't like Gen 5 much, but I wanted to play it before Gen 6). Purchased new from GameStop, no cheating devices or anything unusual. I use a DS Lite, and I tested my other games, they're all working just fine.

I got through the intro cut scenes and entering a name and realized my DS was still set to a different time zone, so I saved and turned it off to correct it. Upon going back to the game, I got the message, "The save file will be erased due to corruption or damage."

I figured something went wrong in saving, maybe I shut it off too quick, or it was because I saved to early in the game, so I started again and played until after the first battle, then saved and turned it off again. I got the same message when I turned it on again. Then I tried saving twice, thinking it might be able to retrieve the back-up save file instead, but the same thing happened. So I'm at a loss how to fix this.

Help?? Any ideas? Even about what's causing it, if not how to fix it?

Unfortunately, because I bought the game back in February, I don't know if I can return it/contact Nintendo about it, but if I can't figure out how to change it I might just have to... I don't really want to buy a second copy of it...

(This forum is unnecessarily complicated. I have no idea if this is meant to be posted here or if I should have made a new thread about it....)

I went to play a brand new copy of it. I've had it for a few months, but I hadn't bothered before today (honestly I don't like Gen 5 much, but I wanted to play it before Gen 6). Purchased new from GameStop, no cheating devices or anything unusual. I use a DS Lite, and I tested my other games, they're all working just fine.

I got through the intro cut scenes and entering a name and realized my DS was still set to a different time zone, so I saved and turned it off to correct it. Upon going back to the game, I got the message, "The save file will be erased due to corruption or damage."

I figured something went wrong in saving, maybe I shut it off too quick, or it was because I saved to early in the game, so I started again and played until after the first battle, then saved and turned it off again. I got the same message when I turned it on again. Then I tried saving twice, thinking it might be able to retrieve the back-up save file instead, but the same thing happened. So I'm at a loss how to fix this.

Unfortunately, because I bought the game back in February, I don't know if I can return it/contact Nintendo about it, but if I can't figure out how to change it I might just have to... I don't really want to buy a second copy of it...

It sounds to me like you have a defective cart (you bought it brand new, in a sealed case? If not it might be a bootleg). Best thing to do would to prolly take it back to GameStop and see what they have to say about it. I take it you didn't take out any extended warranty on it? It's been a while since i bought anything from them, but iirc they offered warranties if you were part of their Power-Up thing.
Other than that, you may have to either call up Nintendo and see if they'll take it in and can fix it for you, or just suck it up and try and get some sort of in-store credit deal with GMSTP and buy a new cart.

It sounds to me like you have a defective cart (you bought it brand new, in a sealed case? If not it might be a bootleg). Best thing to do would to prolly take it back to GameStop and see what they have to say about it. I take it you didn't take out any extended warranty on it? It's been a while since i bought anything from them, but iirc they offered warranties if you were part of their Power-Up thing.
Other than that, you may have to either call up Nintendo and see if they'll take it in and can fix it for you, or just suck it up and try and get some sort of in-store credit deal with GMSTP and buy a new cart.

Definitely bought it new, sealed case.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the receipt was thrown out ages ago, but a friend of mine works at GameStop, and she was working the register when I bought it, so she may be able to vouch for me that I definitely bought it there brand new if I take it back to them. Though I didn't take out a warranty, and I'm pretty sure I was offered one. I'll try calling Nintendo, too, unless someone comes up with a way to fix it without....

Re: Soft-resetting for a shiny. PLEASE HELP :c

AZELF!!! I cant believe this guy. Finished Pearl, went back to play to get the National Dex & realized I am still at 149.
So I have spent the past - I don't want to say how long - trying to catch this sucker without killing him. I really just want to get on with the game now that I have just gotten the National Pokedex & have the wholel world open to me.

Will this be my only opportunity to catch Azelf? Cant I take a look at him & then leave, counting that as my 150th? Or am I wrong?
And if merely seeing him does count will he still remain there in case I want to torture myself later on & retry?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

How come you can't trade the Griseous orb in Gen Iv for a Giratina in origin forme? I've been trying to trade my origin forme shiny Giratina that I got with the sinjoh ruins event between my Soulsilver (where i got it) and Heartgold with the Orb, but it won't let me? I don't understand why you can't trade it. If anybody can tell me how I can get around this or why it does this, it'd be appreciated! :) Because I really want to use an origin forme shiny Giratina on my Heartgold...D:
~~~~
AZELF!!! I cant believe this guy. Finished Pearl, went back to play to get the National Dex & realized I am still at 149.
So I have spent the past - I don't want to say how long - trying to catch this sucker without killing him. I really just want to get on with the game now that I have just gotten the National Pokedex & have the wholel world open to me.

Will this be my only opportunity to catch Azelf? Cant I take a look at him & then leave, counting that as my 150th? Or am I wrong?
And if merely seeing him does count will he still remain there in case I want to torture myself later on & retry?
If you run away it'll still count as a seen entry, I believe. However, you won't be able to capture him again. :) I had the same problem as you when I played Platinum, lol, I just ran away from the bugger and still got an entry. :) So you'll be alright. Correct me if I'm wrong, though. It's been awhile since I last played Platinum, so I might of forgotten. DX.

Hey I'm playing in game since I cannot connect to Nintendo wifi and I need help finding a sixth member for my team. My only tactic in battling is to knockout the opponent as fast as possible. My team is: Charizard, Latios, Suicune, Torterra, Lucario. Also I wish to as this without looking like a big idiot.... what is OU, RU and the others since I know NOTHING about competitive battling so if anyone wants to tell me what that is please feel free to. Lastly some Pokemon I have in mind for my team are: Gardivor, Gallade, Tyranitar and Jolteon. tnx :)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

How come you can't trade the Griseous orb in Gen Iv for a Giratina in origin forme? I've been trying to trade my origin forme shiny Giratina that I got with the sinjoh ruins event between my Soulsilver (where i got it) and Heartgold with the Orb, but it won't let me? I don't understand why you can't trade it. If anybody can tell me how I can get around this or why it does this, it'd be appreciated! :) Because I really want to use an origin forme shiny Giratina on my Heartgold...D:
There isn't a way to get around it, the item can't be traded in a Gen 4 game. If you want to have Origin Forme Giratina on HG/SS you'll have to get a Giratina from the Sinjoh Ruins Event.

Hey I'm playing in game since I cannot connect to Nintendo wifi and I need help finding a sixth member for my team. My only tactic in battling is to knockout the opponent as fast as possible. My team is: Charizard, Latios, Suicune, Torterra, Lucario. Also I wish to as this without looking like a big idiot.... what is OU, RU and the others since I know NOTHING about competitive battling so if anyone wants to tell me what that is please feel free to. Lastly some Pokemon I have in mind for my team are: Gardevoir, Gallade, Tyranitar and Jolteon. tnx :)

Tyranitar or Jolteon would both be good choices (the other two are as well, but you already have Psychic and Fighting covered through Latios and Lucario, and it's usually best to diversify). I'd personally go with Tyranitar so you balance out the physical and special attackers on your team.

As for OU and RU, those stand for overused and rarely used, respectively, and are part of a general system of sorting Pokémon into tiers depending on their respective power levels. Some tiers are a bit weirdly defined, and Pokémon jump between tiers each generation, or even between generations if someone finds ways to use them or counter them. The only really set-in-stone tiers are the Uber tier, which contains all the top legendaries (as well as some other OP picks, like Wobbuffet and Garchomp), and the never-used tier, consisting mostly of pre-evolutions and Pokémon who are not really suitable for battle.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom