• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-6)

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

• YES

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

Incinerawr

I'm back for you, Star Fox.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm breeding a Larvitar in HG (4gen) but I'm not sure what is a "good" speed for him. I'm thinking grow with nature 'Jolly' (+ speed, - esp. attack) for what his have a good speed, instead of use 'Adamant' (+ attack, - esp. attack).
The base stats = (at lvl 100):

PS: 100 = 310
Attack: 134 + 252 ev + 31 iv* = 367
Defense: 110 = 225
Esp. attack: 95 - bonus nature = 175
Esp. defense: 100 + 6 ev = 205
Speed: 65 + 252 ev + bonus nature = 209

* In HG you can only know what is the maximum IV, not the others.

It's this speed, 209, a good speed for Tyranitar? Or maybe it's too much EV in speed, and i could improve another stats?

Thanks
Tyranitar isn't really known for his speed. Dragon Dance might be a thing, but typically most invest the rest of his EVs in HP and Def. (Also, I don't know if he learns that in HG/SS.) I guess decide if you want to run for bulk, or max him out in speed so he can counter some possible threats that threaten to otherwise OHKO him.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Hi, quick question. I just started another playthrough of Alpha Sapphire and I'm trying different things this time around (bar some of my preferred staples). I ended up accidentally obtaining a very powerful Lotad via the DexNav (Lv13, 2 star potential, Counter egg move, and all three of those traits managed to maul most of my team at the time, with the highest level in said team being Lv11), so I'm wondering if he'd be worth using. I've never used the Lotad line at all, as it never really interested me, but since I'm trying new things and such this time around, I was wondering if the Lotad line is any good. He's got a Calm nature, so Attack won't be a strong suit, with the Rain Dish ability, and the aforementioned bonuses, so he's packing some pretty decent power right now. If you think I should use him, then what moves would be good for him? Again, I know little about the Lotad line, as I've never really bothered with it before, but as I said I'm trying new things this time around, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pilup99

Splashing the Seven Seas
Reaction score
Lotad is one that I've always loved but never used on my final team. I've dropped a couple of Lombre in my time because they just weren't pulling weight, but I'm sure its usable. I've used worse Pokemon before, heck I used a Ledian in my most recent SS run. But Lotad's line is pretty versatile and more of a special attacker, definitely can take advantage of the Rain Dish in AS. I don't think it would be a bad idea to keep the little guy if you want to try him out.

Rockapheller

Trainer since late 90's
Reaction score
I have a Lv. 20 Eevee in Platinum. If I evolve it into a Leafeon at Lv. 21, is there any possible way to teach it Razor Leaf, which she can learn at Lv. 15?

CMButch

Reaction score
Hello, I've got one question.
I decided to check about certain monsters that kinda look like Pokemon but are not Pokemon who would qualify as Pokemon but are made by Game Freak and are in Pokemon games. So, I am not talking about fakemon, but actual monsters created by GF but are not classified as Pokemon( I am excluding anime and manga creatures and excluding creatures that are not in final games).So, only core/side/spin-off etc Pokemon-related games and I found around 14-15 characters who could easily be Pokemon;
1. F-00( both forms)
2.Humanoid
3.Monster
4.Black /White Door
5.Majin
6.Transport
7.UFO
8.Old Statue
( all these can look like UBs; also maybe Brycen's battleship)
Then we have Alien girl( her and all above are PokeStar Studios related and they TBH kinda look like Pokemon)
And final three; Bittercold,Dark Rust and Dark Matter( they have their cries and IIRC one of them can change into certain type, but they're not Pokemon).

So my question is; are there any more creatures than these who are made by GF( or other company approved by GF) and put in final games( side/core/spin-off) that are not Pokemon but actually look like Pokemon and can be Pokemon by the looks/traits/cries/types?( and btw they must be unique/new designs and not previous Pokemon like Shadow Lugia,since it's a Lugia Gen 2 Pokemon). ( I just found about Void Shadows which can be Ghost-like Pokemon).Thanks in advance.

CMButch

Reaction score
Thanks for answering.I did check all of that before making my OP comment and I took into a count those MD dungeon 'Pokemon( Bittercold, Dark Rust and Dark Matter), while other disputed Pokemon don't match or don't have final shape( TCG creature confirmed to be nothing, original Genesect.. still Genesect, 3 L-Pokemon before Ho-Oh turned them into dogs; those 3 are still dogs trio,if it wasn't for Ho-Oh those 3 small creatures would be still named Raikou,Suicune and Entei just they'd be ordinary Pokemon etc. And anime/manga disputed Pokemon don't count because only games I am counting.About unused Pokemon, those are not in final products,so I don't count them.Reason why I asked is because I checked Synthetic characters, Pokestar Studios opponents and those two sites you mentioned to see if some of them would be Pokemon, but then I went into Pokestar studios characters and saw Old Statue which could be like UB.That's why I wrote my comment thinking if someone knew where else to look for those creatures( only games(spin off,side and core though) who could easily be like Pokemon but are not Pokemon.

Dragostea D'Entei

Fullmetal Entei
Reaction score
In FireRed and LeafGreen, I recall Erik and Sara in Fuchsia City being lost from each other. I pretty much gave up on reuniting them, but do they really serve any legitimate purpose at all?

Incinerawr

Reaction score
In FireRed and LeafGreen, I recall Erik and Sara in Fuchsia City being lost from each other. I pretty much gave up on reuniting them, but do they really serve any legitimate purpose at all?
I'm on a run of this game, I'll have to check it out.

MDGarchomp

Pokémon 4 life
Reaction score
Hello,

sorry if this is the wrong place. I am from germany but because of some distribution devices I own and because I want to play some games in english anyways to learn the language and especially the Pokémon and some item names in english more I bought two american generation 4 games. One of them is Platinum which I am also playing right now. Especially if I buy NTSC game here in the PAL region I am a bit sceptic about if the game is fake or not, for me it seems like 50% are and most of the time you discover it after taking a closer look onto the label. However this game looks like the original and also feels like it, interactions with other games and so on are no problem.

But one thing which I don't understand happened. During the day (maybe 30 minutes ago) I was able to battle against police officer Danny on the southern section of Route 212. I think I talked to him but that doesn't work with the other police officers and I also didn't fight them. Usually they can only fight you at night, from 8pm to 4am. I am a little bit confused about that since the time on my DS is delayed by one hour, so it is 16:00 there now.

I hope I find andyone here who knows a little bit about that, I also looked through the glitches in Gen 4 or trivia facts. I don't know if that could be an evidence for a fake game because things like this shouln't be possible to happen. :/

Pyrax

Outlaws for Life
Reaction score
But one thing which I don't understand happened. During the day (maybe 30 minutes ago) I was able to battle against police officer Danny on the southern section of Route 212. I think I talked to him but that doesn't work with the other police officers and I also didn't fight them. Usually they can only fight you at night, from 8pm to 4am. I am a little bit confused about that since the time on my DS is delayed by one hour, so it is 16:00 there now.
How long have you been on Route 212? Iirc, you can battle Joggers and Officers during the day by staying in their route after the time window passes. Been a while since I played Gen IV, but I've had a similar thing happen.

MDGarchomp

Pokémon 4 life
Reaction score
Thanks, that was the case! I saved on Route 212 yesterday evening, so the timeframe fits. I didn't know that this could be possible but I also asked a friend (before looking here again) who also plays Pokémon and he mentioned the exact same thing as you, so I am pretty sure that this is the answer I was looking for. Thank you!

Rockapheller

Trainer since late 90's
Reaction score
I just caught Giratina and am on my way to Sunyshore city but this guy won't let me. What am I missing?

Incinerawr

Reaction score
Hi! I don't have any knowledge on fake pokemon games, and I recently searched for cheap copy of heartgold/soulsilver and i found this (Pokémon Pokemon HeartGold SoulSilver Nintendo DS Game Cards US Version US Seller | eBay) does it look like an original game, or counter fit? Please help me, because I suck at recognizing fake ds games :p
Looks authentic to me, but you might want to look for a seller with a 99% rating. This guy got dropped down to 98% which means a lot of dislikes.