• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-6)

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

• YES

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

Scrungo

Reaction score
Hello! I just beat the main game of Heartgold, and I have my 4th Kanto gym badge now, and Baoba hasnt called me about the blocks for the Safari Zone, i've done both of his tests where I catch a Geodude and Sandshrew, but he still hasnt called be about the blocks,and no where online says when, or what i need to do to unlock them, what should i do?

matthewmayhem

Reaction score
if ho-oh kills herself because she has run out of PP and uses struggle, will she be gone forever and my chance is then lost?

SpikOriundo

Apricorn Collector
Reaction score
if ho-oh kills herself because she has run out of PP and uses struggle, will she be gone forever and my chance is then lost?
Gen 2 and 3 (if you somehow have the event for gen 3, of course): yes.
Starting on Platinum, all unique encounters will respawn after you beat the E4. This includes Heartgold Soulsilver.
Also never found anyone mentioning Ho-oh as a female, interesting.

matthewmayhem

Reaction score
while i can play soulsilver as much as i want i can never get past a certain point on heartgold because i found the screen is black when i turn it on though music can be heard playing
is there a problem with that version or did i just buy a bad copy?

Midorikawa

Reach for my hand~
Reaction score
while i can play soulsilver as much as i want i can never get past a certain point on heartgold because i found the screen is black when i turn it on though music can be heard playing
is there a problem with that version or did i just buy a bad copy?
It’s your copy.

matthewmayhem

Reaction score
in platinum i came into a cave but it has boulders in the way.. how do i get strength?
(extra info ive got the badge now to use cut and someone gave me cut if thats of relevance?)

matthewmayhem

Reaction score
pokemon black/white 2 question im on a train battling people seemingly going on forever. When is it meant to finish?

Pilup99

Splashing the Seven Seas
Reaction score
pokemon black/white 2 question im on a train battling people seemingly going on forever. When is it meant to finish?
You're probably on the Battle Subway. It's a battle facility, it's not actually a story element (unless I'm forgetting a story element of BW2). After each battle you are given the chance to stop, or when you lose, or when you beat like 7 people in a row I think. Either way, you should be able to exit soon. Then just leave the building and go as you please.

matthewmayhem

Reaction score
any advice to catch Groudon (probably the hardest of all since he just goes to sleep and gets his health all back)
what i've figured myself
legendaries (birds and mewtwo ive got some of them) have pressure which uses up the opponents moves quicker
and some pokemon learn worry seed (stops the opponent from sleeping)
anything else that comes in handy?

Dieter

Dieter
Reaction score
any advice to catch Groudon (probably the hardest of all since he just goes to sleep and gets his health all back)
what i've figured myself
legendaries (birds and mewtwo ive got some of them) have pressure which uses up the opponents moves quicker
and some pokemon learn worry seed (stops the opponent from sleeping)
anything else that comes in handy?
Do you have any Pokemon that can learn Wake-Up Slap? Like Rest it has 10 PP, so just use it every time Groudon uses Rest until it runs out of PP. Plus you'll do double damage, it has neutral coverage, and wakes Groudon up (so you can give it a different status condition)

Gengarzilla

Galar may deny me but they'll never find me.
Reaction score
You could use Imprison with a Pokémon who also knows Rest. Imprison stops the target (and the entire opposing team, but that's not important here) from using any move that the user also knows, and doesn't wear off until the user leaves battle. Ralts learns Imprison at level 31 and its evolutions at 33 while the TM for Rest is in Lilycove City.

Pilup99

Splashing the Seven Seas
Reaction score
You could use Imprison with a Pokémon who also knows Rest. Imprison stops the target (and the entire opposing team, but that's not important here) from using any move that the user also knows, and doesn't wear off until the user leaves battle. Ralts learns Imprison at level 31 and its evolutions at 33 while the TM for Rest is in Lilycove City.
Plus the Ralts line can learn Hypnosis, so you can put Groudon to sleep on your own time without it getting to heal.

Dieter

Dieter
Reaction score
how do i get the secret key in platinum for the team galatic base?
It's an event-only items and the promotion for it has ended years ago, so now the only way to obtain it is by hacking. Alternatively, the Japanese wondercard could be shared with up to 5 other players, but I doubt you'll be able to find someone to do that for you (and I'm also not sure if it's only between Japanese copies, or if they can be shared with all copies as long as the original wondercard is Japanese)

matthewmayhem

Reaction score
how do i get lickitung to learn rollout or tangela learn ancientpower? they weren't available at the move tutor house when i looked at moves to remember

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
how do i get lickitung to learn rollout or tangela learn ancientpower? they weren't available at the move tutor house when i looked at moves to remember
They both learn those respective moves naturally, so just level them up for a while and the option to learn those moves will arise soon enough.

matthewmayhem

Reaction score
im having trouble in soulsilver with the pal park thing as it doesnt have the option on the menu "migrate from emerald"
also if its any help, i have my starter in emerald and 6 caught pokemon

Dieter

Dieter
Reaction score
im having trouble in soulsilver with the pal park thing as it doesnt have the option on the menu "migrate from emerald"
also if its any help, i have my starter in emerald and 6 caught pokemon
You also have the Dex, right? And I can't find confirmation if it's a requirement, but you might try beating your first Gym. At the least it should firmly get you out of the tutorial stage of the game

Last edited: