• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-6)

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

• YES

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

Tag365

Mr. Skuntank
Reaction score
Is the mission "Noisy Hidden Grottoes" still available to unlock and play in Pokémon Black Version 2?

smalllady

真実の英雄
Reaction score
According to the Bulbawiki article for the Massage Girl (DPPT), if you get the "dreamily content" message, that means the Pokemon's Happiness value has gone above 199. But I just got an Eevee (that's holding a Soothe Bell) and both times it's gotten a massage, I got the "dreamily content" message. Eevee's base Happiness value is 70 so....is the Bulbawiki article accurate? I don't have the Friendship Checker app so I can't check Eevee's Happiness value.

Dieter

Dieter
Reaction score
According to the Bulbawiki article for the Massage Girl (DPPT), if you get the "dreamily content" message, that means the Pokemon's Happiness value has gone above 199. But I just got an Eevee (that's holding a Soothe Bell) and both times it's gotten a massage, I got the "dreamily content" message. Eevee's base Happiness value is 70 so....is the Bulbawiki article accurate? I don't have the Friendship Checker app so I can't check Eevee's Happiness value.
It seems like Bulbapedia is the only place that even has info on this, so there's no way to cross-check it. However, the Friendship Checker app is available in Eterna City, given to you by a woman in the Pokemon Center. So unless you accidentally missed her, you should have it already. Did you use items on it or catch it in a luxury ball? Or was it the Hearthome gift Eevee?

smalllady

真実の英雄
Reaction score
It seems like Bulbapedia is the only place that even has info on this, so there's no way to cross-check it. However, the Friendship Checker app is available in Eterna City, given to you by a woman in the Pokemon Center. So unless you accidentally missed her, you should have it already. Did you use items on it or catch it in a luxury ball? Or was it the Hearthome gift Eevee?
It's the Eevee from Hearthome City. And yeah, I missed the Friendship Checker app. Don't feel like walking back there, and I'd have to progress the story to get the Fly HM. Oh well...I'll just keep doing the massages. I was hoping someone else had info on the Massage Girl but it's okay.

Dieter

Dieter
Reaction score
It's the Eevee from Hearthome City. And yeah, I missed the Friendship Checker app. Don't feel like walking back there, and I'd have to progress the story to get the Fly HM. Oh well...I'll just keep doing the massages. I was hoping someone else had info on the Massage Girl but it's okay.
I was wondering if maybe the gift Eevee came up a higher friendship stat, but I can't find any info on that either. Or the wiki is just wrong

matthewmayhem

Reaction score
How do I get Porygon in soulsilver? since it seems like an impossibility to play the mini game to get 9999 coins

Dieter

Dieter
Reaction score
How do I get Porygon in soulsilver? since it seems like an impossibility to play the mini game to get 9999 coins
Your only other option is trading it over from D/P/Pt or migrating it from FR/LG. So if neither is an option to you, I fear you're stuck playing Voltorb Flip. There's some helpful guides to win at it though

matthewmayhem

Reaction score
plss help:( i need pinsir.. he's only at the bug catching contest but literally won't be caught urghh
i false swiped him until 1hp was left and threw 4 balls (which he pretty much just burst out of) then my much higher leveled kingler fainted!

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get InThe Way
Reaction score
best bet is to just keep trying as you will eventually get the catch, otherwise trade someone for it.

rainbow_fire

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Does the 'Abra Trick' to get Mew work in Red and Blue? It's supposed to let you get Mew as early as Cerulean. i've only used it in a ROM, so i don't know if it really works in the actual games.

Pilup99

Splashing the Seven Seas
Reaction score
Does the 'Abra Trick' to get Mew work in Red and Blue? It's supposed to let you get Mew as early as Cerulean. i've only used it in a ROM, so i don't know if it really works in the actual games.
Can confirm, it works in the actual games. I pulled it off in my last run of Red on the 3DS.

Matleo

Reaction score
why was Dusclops and Dusknoir not retyped into ghost/fairy? with their cyclops motive?
those would fit in perfectly.

prog rocker

Reaction score
why was Dusclops and Dusknoir not retyped into ghost/fairy? with their cyclops motive?
I don't think that's how it works. If that was the only motive to re-type Pokémon, Fairy would be way more common than it already is.

Dieter

Dieter
Reaction score
It's much more likely they're based on certain yokai though. Plus, they're neither cute, or tricksters, or associated with the supernatural that can't be traced by to their ghost typing

Matleo

Reaction score
I don't think that's how it works. If that was the only motive to re-type Pokémon, Fairy would be way more common than it already is.
It's much more likely they're based on certain yokai though. Plus, they're neither cute, or tricksters, or associated with the supernatural that can't be traced by to their ghost typing
I understand that but could get a nice mega if something in generation 4. Even as a pure ghost type
they really could change Pressure into a better ability. Really could see it get some kind of immunity ability: soundproof, bulletproof or a new proof ability. This ghost line felt a little unfinished and unreliable in comparence to Gengar.

prog rocker

Reaction score
I understand that but could get a nice mega if something in generation 4. Even as a pure ghost type
they really could change Pressure into a better ability. Really could see it get some kind of immunity ability: soundproof, bulletproof or a new proof ability. This ghost line felt a little unfinished and unreliable in comparence to Gengar.
As someone that doesn't play competitive, I hope they don't change Pressure. It may suck in competitive, but in the main game, it's one of the most annoying abilities.

Dieter

Dieter
Reaction score
or they could simply give it a second or hidden ability. And sure, a mega could be an option, but GF also clarified they tend to give megas to pokemon who's design they could push further, which already happened with dusclops in the form of dusknoir