1. Interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff? See details here.
  2. Updated #2: The forums are going to be down Tomorrow (23rd of January) in the morning (JST) for maintenance as we upgrade the software to XenForo 2. Particularly of note is that blogs are going to be removed for the time being, but we are getting a lot of new features with the upgrade.

For more details, see this thread.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-6)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Video Games' started by Ivysaur, Mar 26, 2011.

Voter count: 19
?

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

1. YES

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. NO

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. Tag365

Tag365 Registered User

Blog Posts:
    Is the mission "Noisy Hidden Grottoes" still available to unlock and play in Pokémon Black Version 2?

2. smalllady

smalllady 真実の英雄

Blog Posts:
    According to the Bulbawiki article for the Massage Girl (DPPT), if you get the "dreamily content" message, that means the Pokemon's Happiness value has gone above 199. But I just got an Eevee (that's holding a Soothe Bell) and both times it's gotten a massage, I got the "dreamily content" message. Eevee's base Happiness value is 70 so....is the Bulbawiki article accurate? I don't have the Friendship Checker app so I can't check Eevee's Happiness value.

3. Dieter

Dieter Dieter

Blog Posts:
    It seems like Bulbapedia is the only place that even has info on this, so there's no way to cross-check it. However, the Friendship Checker app is available in Eterna City, given to you by a woman in the Pokemon Center. So unless you accidentally missed her, you should have it already. Did you use items on it or catch it in a luxury ball? Or was it the Hearthome gift Eevee?

4. smalllady

smalllady 真実の英雄

Blog Posts:
    It's the Eevee from Hearthome City. And yeah, I missed the Friendship Checker app. Don't feel like walking back there, and I'd have to progress the story to get the Fly HM. Oh well...I'll just keep doing the massages. I was hoping someone else had info on the Massage Girl but it's okay.

5. Dieter

Dieter Dieter

Blog Posts:
    I was wondering if maybe the gift Eevee came up a higher friendship stat, but I can't find any info on that either. Or the wiki is just wrong

6. matthewmayhem

matthewmayhem Member

Blog Posts:
    How do I get Porygon in soulsilver? since it seems like an impossibility to play the mini game to get 9999 coins

7. Dieter

Dieter Dieter

Blog Posts:
    Your only other option is trading it over from D/P/Pt or migrating it from FR/LG. So if neither is an option to you, I fear you're stuck playing Voltorb Flip. There's some helpful guides to win at it though

8. Dalium

Dalium New Member

Blog Posts:
  9. Stratelier

Stratelier Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    If this page before it is any precedent, it looks like it should be a standalone edutainment game (of which Japan has had several).

TechSkylander1518 likes this.
  10. Dalium

Dalium New Member

Blog Posts:
    No. That game is separate and on the same list.

11. matthewmayhem

matthewmayhem Member

Blog Posts:
    plss help:( i need pinsir.. he's only at the bug catching contest but literally won't be caught urghh
    i false swiped him until 1hp was left and threw 4 balls (which he pretty much just burst out of) then my much higher leveled kingler fainted!

12. Shadow-Lucario

Shadow-Lucario People Just Get InThe Way

Blog Posts:
    best bet is to just keep trying as you will eventually get the catch, otherwise trade someone for it.

13. rainbow_fire

rainbow_fire New Member

Blog Posts:
    Does the 'Abra Trick' to get Mew work in Red and Blue? It's supposed to let you get Mew as early as Cerulean. i've only used it in a ROM, so i don't know if it really works in the actual games.

14. Pilup99

Pilup99 Splashing the Seven Seas

Blog Posts:
    Can confirm, it works in the actual games. I pulled it off in my last run of Red on the 3DS.

15. Matleo

Matleo Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    why was Dusclops and Dusknoir not retyped into ghost/fairy? with their cyclops motive?
    those would fit in perfectly.

16. prog rocker

prog rocker Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I don't think that's how it works. If that was the only motive to re-type Pokémon, Fairy would be way more common than it already is.

17. Dieter

Dieter Dieter

Blog Posts:
    It's much more likely they're based on certain yokai though. Plus, they're neither cute, or tricksters, or associated with the supernatural that can't be traced by to their ghost typing

Matleo and TechSkylander1518 like this.
  18. Matleo

Matleo Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I understand that but could get a nice mega if something in generation 4. Even as a pure ghost type
    they really could change Pressure into a better ability. Really could see it get some kind of immunity ability: soundproof, bulletproof or a new proof ability. This ghost line felt a little unfinished and unreliable in comparence to Gengar.

19. prog rocker

prog rocker Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    As someone that doesn't play competitive, I hope they don't change Pressure. It may suck in competitive, but in the main game, it's one of the most annoying abilities.

20. Dieter

Dieter Dieter

Blog Posts:
    or they could simply give it a second or hidden ability. And sure, a mega could be an option, but GF also clarified they tend to give megas to pokemon who's design they could push further, which already happened with dusclops in the form of dusknoir

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.