• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-6)

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

• YES

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • NO

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

Matleo

Reaction score
or they could simply give it a second or hidden ability. And sure, a mega could be an option, but GF also clarified they tend to give megas to pokemon who's design they could push further, which already happened with dusclops in the form of dusknoir
I think that there is still potential in it like in others.
Like in Frosslas and Slowking.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
What are the best HM users for early game in Heart Gold?

I’ve reached the point where I get rock smash and my team currently only had Quilava and Hoothoot.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
What are the best HM users for early game in Heart Gold?

I’ve reached the point where I get rock smash and my team currently only had Quilava and Hoothoot.
Furret is a very good HM user. It can learn Cut, Rock Smash, Surf, and Strength. Raising up a Sentret is a bit of a pain, especially with the level curve issue, but once it evolves, it becomes a good HM user.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Furret is a very good HM user. It can learn Cut, Rock Smash, Surf, and Strength. Raising up a Sentret is a bit of a pain, especially with the level curve issue, but once it evolves, it becomes a good HM user.
Thanks! Furret is probably the one I'm using since I find its design more appealing compared to conventional HM users and the internet recommends geodude for Rock Smash, which I'm not a fan of.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Hey, I've got a quick question to ask. In regards to both Gens IV and V, if you had one Mon hold a Lucky Egg and another hold an EXP Share, would the Mon holding the EXP Share also gain extra EXP via the Lucky Egg holder? Or will it only gain half of the original amount? Just wanted to know, as both gens had some grinding issues, so I wanted to know if that match-up will make grinding easier or not. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
(Pops in even though I haven't been active since like...2013. LOL.)

I have a question about the Ditto Glitch. I've been trying to use it to complete the Pokedex in Yellow (3DS virtual console), but for some reason it hasn't been working for Weedle. Weedle's index number is 112, so the corresponding special stat should've worked. However, I've tried both a Venusaur and a Blastoise with these stats and on both occasions their special was raised to 113 sometime between the battle with Ditto and the glitch encounter. So it gave me a Kakuna instead. At first I thought I didn't pay attention and used an extra calcium when I didn't need to, but when I tried with Blastoise I made sure it was 112. It still gave me Kakuna.

I've been using the PC save/move a strength boulder method to complete the glitch. Would that have anything to do with it? I haven't had this problem with any other Pokemon. I used the same method to catch Flareon and Jolteon with the same Blastoise at a lower level, for instance.

I apologize if I've overlooked it somewhere in the article. Help is much appreciated! ;)

Update: The glitch worked after I beat the league, when I used a Charizard that hit 112 special naturally. But I swear I'm not making this up. The same thing happened twice with two different Pokemon. Unless my eyes were tricking me, that Blastoise was at 112. I don't know what happened.

Last edited:

Patrick Haines

Lone Scribe for the Lord of Time
Reaction score
I just finished a playthrough on Pearl and I am trying to collect all of the Secret Base items. As such, I need a lot of high level spheres. Most of the online guides are helpful, but I would like a little personal insight as well. So, a couple questions...

1. I found an equation that says how fast Spheres grow, but I am not a Rocket Scientist ;) and do not understand what it means, so...in simple terms
--Is it more efficient to bury a bunch of Spheres and let them grow? Or combine the gems and let them grow?
--Does anyone have a guess on how long a Sphere would take to grow from Lv 20ish to Lv90ish?

2. Can I manipulate the clock in Pearl without resetting the time (like SM Poké Pelago?), so just drop the Spheres, change the time, and presto/whammo, high level spheres?

3. I have a big Sphere garden under Celestic Town, but I also buried some Sphere early in the game and forget where. Is there a way to find them easily without exhaustive hours of searching?

Moon Shadow

The Fallen
Reaction score
2. Can I manipulate the clock in Pearl without resetting the time (like SM Poké Pelago?), so just drop the Spheres, change the time, and prest:bulbaWave:whammo, high level spheres?
I'm not sure what is meant by "manipulating the clock in Pearl without resetting the time" but I remember I once successfully caught a Driftloon in Pearl on I believe a Saturday when they only appear on Fridays via resetting the date in my DS settings. Ergo it IS possible to change the date and time in the game.

TooManyEons

Reaction score
What was the last generation where it was physically possible to obtain every Pokemon up to and including that gen's mons (all 151 in R/B/G/Y, 251 in G/S/C, etc.) on one main-game save file?
I'm curious because I've been playing Red and Blue on a desktop emulator for a while and have managed to get three save files in each so that with (a lot of) trading I'd be able to get a full Dex in both. I haven't been able to get the link feature in the emulator to work, but it's all set up in case I ever do. (The only glitch I've used is the Mew glitch, because obviously there aren't any events or Stadium games from which it can be obtained with an emulator.)
I'm also mulling over whether it's worth it to try for a full Dex in G/S, or even completing the Kanto dex in FR/LG. I imagine those would take a long, long, long time, even just compared to the first-gen games.

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score
Pretty sure this is never possible. Even in games where you could get another starter, there was no opportunity to get the opposing cover legendary.

prog rocker

Reaction score
What was the last generation where it was physically possible to obtain every Pokemon up to and including that gen's mons (all 151 in R/B/G/Y, 251 in G/S/C, etc.) on one main-game save file?
I'm curious because I've been playing Red and Blue on a desktop emulator for a while and have managed to get three save files in each so that with (a lot of) trading I'd be able to get a full Dex in both. I haven't been able to get the link feature in the emulator to work, but it's all set up in case I ever do. (The only glitch I've used is the Mew glitch, because obviously there aren't any events or Stadium games from which it can be obtained with an emulator.)
I'm also mulling over whether it's worth it to try for a full Dex in G/S, or even completing the Kanto dex in FR/LG. I imagine those would take a long, long, long time, even just compared to the first-gen games.
The closest thing to that would have been the spin-off Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team, since you could use passwords (not cheats) to make the version-exclusive Pokémon to show up in your game.

TooManyEons

Reaction score
Pretty sure this is never possible. Even in games where you could get another starter, there was no opportunity to get the opposing cover legendary.
Is it not possible to trade Lugia/Ho-Oh, Groudon/Kyogre, etc. ? I ask because I've never played any gen's main games through to the end beyond Gen1, and nothing beyond Gen3, period.

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score
Is it not possible to trade Lugia/Ho-Oh, Groudon/Kyogre, etc. ? I ask because I've never played any gen's main games through to the end beyond Gen1, and nothing beyond Gen3, period.
It is, I just thought that you only wanted it on one file? If we factor in trading, it's possible in any game.

TooManyEons

Reaction score
It is, I just thought that you only wanted it on one file? If we factor in trading, it's possible in any game.
Yeah, like I said though I'm using an emulator and not a handheld/console, so with a working link function the version exclusives and "choice" pokemon etc. are not a problem.
I'm talking about just the sheer number of species up to that point in the game series.
Obviously getting all 151 from Gen1 is possible, been done by tons of players. Gen2 (251) as well. And Gen3 (386). Beyond that though?

prog rocker

Reaction score
Yeah, like I said though I'm using an emulator and not a handheld/console, so with a working link function the version exclusives and "choice" pokemon etc. are not a problem.
I'm talking about just the sheer number of species up to that point in the game series.
Obviously getting all 151 from Gen1 is possible, been done by tons of players. Gen2 (251) as well. And Gen3 (386). Beyond that though?
Well, I don't think it's possible in Gen IV onwards because you're using emulation and, as far as I know, no DS emulator supports multiplayer. Same with Citra and 3DS games.

If you're talking about if they fit in the games, then you don't have to worry. You get enough boxes have one of each species and still have extra space.

TooManyEons

Reaction score
Well, I don't think it's possible in Gen IV onwards because you're using emulation and, as far as I know, no DS emulator supports multiplayer. Same with Citra and 3DS games.
That's what I was looking for–thanks progrocker. Looks like Gold and Silver will be my next challenge, then completing the Kanto Dex in FR/LG.

prog rocker

Reaction score
That's what I was looking for–thanks progrocker. Looks like Gold and Silver will be my next challenge, then completing the Kanto Dex in FR/LG.
If you want to try, you could use the sav file from one version to catch the Pokémon from the other version, since internally both versions are the same game.

To put an example: You have Sun and you want an Oranguru. You get Sun's sav file, put it in Moon's folder, and you can catch Oranguru normally with no problems!

TooManyEons

Reaction score
If you want to try, you could use the sav file from one version to catch the Pokémon from the other version, since internally both versions are the same game.

To put an example: You have Sun and you want an Oranguru. You get Sun's sav file, put it in Moon's folder, and you can catch Oranguru normally with no problems!
Ooh, I never thought of that! I'll try that with VBA-M (my emu of choice).

prog rocker

Reaction score
Ooh, I never thought of that! I'll try that with VBA-M (my emu of choice).
Just in case, I tried inserting a Sapphire save into a Ruby game. It worked, but I don't know if this also works with third versions (Emerald, Platinum, USUM, etc.)