• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-6)

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

• YES

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • NO

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

Peppermint Phoenix

The one once known as Alphaphlare
Reaction score
Trying to catch the beasts in Crystal. Spider web seems to stop working after I switch Ariados out. Does happen and if it does then is mean look the same?

Mirandagurl

Reaction score
I enter in to the lottery every day (heartgold/soulsilver) i have all the in-game trades and the spearow and shuckle who are given to me by ppl as well as a few friends who play the gen 4 games, but im always given fourth prize or maybe third every now and again.. has anyone here actually won the top prize with a full match?

prog rocker

Reaction score
I enter in to the lottery every day (heartgold/soulsilver) i have all the in-game trades and the spearow and shuckle who are given to me by ppl as well as a few friends who play the gen 4 games, but im always given fourth prize or maybe third every now and again.. has anyone here actually won the top prize with a full match?
Well, I once got second prize, but never the Master Ball.

Mirandagurl

Reaction score
i did wonder, when Janine and Falkner are arguing about whos dad is better trainer (ive never met falkners dad, but i just told him what he wants to hear as he probs won't give me his number if i dont) who is falkners dad anyway?

prog rocker

Reaction score
i did wonder, when Janine and Falkner are arguing about whos dad is better trainer (ive never met falkners dad, but i just told him what he wants to hear as he probs won't give me his number if i dont) who is falkners dad anyway?
No one knows. According to Bulbapedia, he's traveling, but from the wording they use in the games it makes it sound like he is dead. If somebody can tell me where do they say he's still alive, I will appreciate that.

EDIT: I forgot that in his fight with Janine he talks about him in the present tense, which means that at least he is alive.

Last edited:

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
I've got a question regarding the Poke Transporter and Bank. I'm currently mass transporting a living dex out of an old, unused Black version, but it's tiresome to keep moving all the Mons to Box 1 in-game. I'm up to the sinnoh Mons at this point, but I'm wondering if there's an easier way. This is my question: when transporting from Gen V to Bank, do you need to use Box 1 for the transport or will the Poke Transporter lock onto the first box with Mons in it for transport? Thanks in advance.

Mirandagurl

Reaction score
one things always bugged me on the game (heartgold/soulsilver) when the old man congratulates you or whatever for having the silver wing when you go to get Lugia, there's a couple of items out of reach and a ladder, and ive never seemed to find my way around to get down that ladder for those items so really appreciate if someone knows?

prog rocker

Reaction score
one things always bugged me on the game (heartgold/soulsilver) when the old man congratulates you or whatever for having the silver wing when you go to get Lugia, there's a couple of items out of reach and a ladder, and ive never seemed to find my way around to get down that ladder for those items so really appreciate if someone knows?
Can you show me an screenshot? Because as far as I know you can get anything by going through the other entrances.

prog rocker

Reaction score

Peppermint Phoenix

The one once known as Alphaphlare
Reaction score
My Gengar is faster than my Butterfree. Whenever I encountered Raikou with my Butterfree I'm always able to attempt sleep powder. But when I encountered Raikou with Gengar it always fleed before I was able to use mean look. Does fleeing have increased priority against Pokémon that are traded or something?

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
My Gengar is faster than my Butterfree. Whenever I encountered Raikou with my Butterfree I'm always able to attempt sleep powder. But when I encountered Raikou with Gengar it always fleed before I was able to use mean look. Does fleeing have increased priority against Pokémon that are traded or something?
No, there are no penalties for such a thing. Only obedience when it comes to traded Mons. In general, speed determines everything, from turn order to fleeing, so the fact that Gengar is faster than Butterfree but is unable to get a Mean Look fired off in time is strange, as Mean Look isn't a reduced priority move, either. Not sure what to say. It might just be really bad luck, as the math doesn't quite add up otherwise.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Sorry @Mirandagurl for not answering faster but here's how you get to those items:
First you enter through the northwest island, and then you follow this route:

Mirandagurl

Reaction score
whats all the fossils as of gen 4? and how to get them? i found one which was omanyte, but then theres also kabuto and of course areodactyl
ive heard there are others too

prog rocker

Reaction score
whats all the fossils as of gen 4? and how to get them? i found one which was omanyte, but then theres also kabuto and of course areodactyl
ive heard there are others too
Here they are:

Helix Fossil (Omanyte): The Underground (DPPt) or smashing rocks in the Ruins of Alph (HGSS).
Dome Fossil (Kabuto): Same as with the Helix Fossil.
Old Amber (Aerodactyl): Same as with the Helix Fossil.
Root Fossil (Lileep): The Underground (DPPt) or smashing rocks in the Cliff Cave (SoulSilver).
Claw Fossil (Anorith): The Underground (DPPt) or smashing rocks in the Cliff Cave (HeartGold).
Skull Fossil (Cranidos): The Underground (Diamond and Platinum*).
Armor Fossil (Shieldon): The Underground (Pearl and Platinum*)

*What fossil you can get in Platinum depends on the last number of your Trainer ID. If it's an odd number you can find Skull Fossils. And if it's an even number you can find Armor Fossils.

Mirandagurl

Reaction score
I cant get Brock Harrison to trade with mee? he just wants a selfie or whatever and i took 1 with him but even though i have a bonsly next to me he doesnt seem to notice
p.s it is between 5 and 8 in the evening over here i was told it was the right time to ask him:(