• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-6)

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

• YES

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • NO

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

9tiefly

Reaction score
Does anyone know if berries like Jaboca and Rowap activate if the opponent hits my Substitute? Or does the Pokémon have to be hit directly?

Mirandagurl

Reaction score
what i found a nuiscance is i'm able to find both Ralts and Snorunt, but they are not the right gender to get Gallade and Froslass from them. Is there something that determines what gendered pokemon appear?

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
what i found a nuiscance is i'm able to find both Ralts and Snorunt, but they are not the right gender to get Gallade and Froslass from them. Is there something that determines what gendered pokemon appear?
Nope. Just your friendly neighborhood RNG doing what it does best. There isn't a way to "attract", so to speak, a specific gender when hunting for certain Mons. It all boils down to luck. Considering both have a 50/50 ratio, your situation is a little odd. But, you're just going to have to be persistent, as there isn't any other way.

Weiss

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
I want to play UltraSun again with an egg team.

Want to work on perfect stats for them any tips?

Lake Serperior

Reaction score
So, I just beat Barry and I can challenge the Pokemon league. All of my pokemon are about level 50 and I need a place to train. Does anyone know anywhere to train? Also, My team, with the pairs of Golem and Gyarados, Staraptor and Kricketune, and Crobat and Rapidash, are very vulnerable to rock. Does anyone have any strategies to use, because I'm drawing a blank. Thanks for reading.

Parissong

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
So, I just beat Barry and I can challenge the Pokemon league. All of my pokemon are about level 50 and I need a place to train. Does anyone know anywhere to train? Also, My team, with the pairs of Golem and Gyarados, Staraptor and Kricketune, and Crobat and Rapidash, are very vulnerable to rock. Does anyone have any strategies to use, because I'm drawing a blank. Thanks for reading.
Are you trying to EV train or simply Level Grind?

Weiss

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

In ruby, my shiftry leveled to 49 but did not learn leaf storm? is there any way to make it learn it? i play it on visual boy advance so going back to my last saved file as level 48 shouldn't be a problem.
It’s been a long time but try the move tutor in Fallarbor town.

ianquiksilver

Reaction score
Ahoy all pokers!
I has a big question for you. I'm ofc into old school games, why buy new when the old rubbish is still working? =)
I have a DSi with Poke Platinum. But, Nintendo has ofc killed the Wifi Servers, and there be no cable options.
So my question is, what are my options if I want to trade with someone 'IRL' locally? Does it somehow work through (local) Wifi? I tried googling for the answer endlessly but there are so many threads and posts and questions regarding every nuance between poke games and handhelds, I get lost.
I read somewhere that upgrading to 3DS was one option, but would it help? if yes, how/why?
Also, somewhere else I read that its possible to transfer, in-game, one's Pokes from Platinum to Black/White (supposedly in the "Poké Transfer Lab"(?)) . That's one thing at least, but does it help anything if I want to trade with Black/White? Cause I've got White, so I could apply it, but I haven't played it yet so not sure if the feature exists.
My available hardware currently consists of one DSi handheld, Poke Platinum, Soulsilver and White, in the hopes it has some bearing xD

Thanks every and all for the help ) DSi ftw ^^

Pyrax

Outlaws for Life
Reaction score
So my question is, what are my options if I want to trade with someone 'IRL' locally? Does it somehow work through (local) Wifi? I tried googling for the answer endlessly but there are so many threads and posts and questions regarding every nuance between poke games and handhelds, I get lost.
I read somewhere that upgrading to 3DS was one option, but would it help? if yes, how/why?
Think of it as being more similar to the GB/GBA's link cable. Two people have to be nearby to interact through local wireless. Btw, the DS and 3DS can interact with each other.

Also, somewhere else I read that its possible to transfer, in-game, one's Pokes from Platinum to Black/White (supposedly in the "Poké Transfer Lab"(?)) . That's one thing at least, but does it help anything if I want to trade with Black/White? Cause I've got White, so I could apply it, but I haven't played it yet so not sure if the feature exists.
My available hardware currently consists of one DSi handheld, Poke Platinum, Soulsilver and White, in the hopes it has some bearing xD

Thanks every and all for the help ) DSi ftw ^^
You'd need either a 3DS or a second DS to use Poke Transfer. Trades are one-way, meaning anything you send to White can't be sent back.

ianquiksilver

Reaction score
Think of it as being more similar to the GB/GBA's link cable. Two people have to be nearby to interact through local wireless. Btw, the DS and 3DS can interact with each other.

You'd need either a 3DS or a second DS to use Poke Transfer. Trades are one-way, meaning anything you send to White can't be sent back.
ok ok, so, there is a way to get local wifi going between 2 DSi's, that's what I wasn't sure about :) so trade is still possible between two DSi's, perfect, thanks!! :) i was afraid the shutting down of the Nintendo Wifi Service and there being no cable would have rendered it obsolete.

ianquiksilver

Reaction score
Ahoy ! Game : Poke Platinum
Whats the move or item one can use to counter the effect of "Endure"? I came across it at some point if I remember correctly, but discarded it and now can't remember what it was.

cheers! ))

ianquiksilver

Reaction score
Well you writing that as a question kind goes against the whole Q&A thing x)

There is something that does help against it, I know because I came across it a week ago, but I wasnt paying attention and I just discarded whatever had happened, Im guessing a move that wanted to be taught and I kept pressing B just to get out of combat. But I dont remember what it was, unless I was dreaming, but there has to be something. Almost every single mechanic in the game has a counter, even pokes are 'made' to counter previous imbalances AND
there's that daily competition in the Mansion where you have to get through 5 attacking maids with Clefairies in a certain number of moves (requiring many one-hit KO's), one made almost impossible by their constant spamming of Endure, hence, by simple logic there has to be something that ignores the "save 1hp" rule and damages further. Its something, its either a move or an item or some magical property, but I know I wasn't dreaming!

prog rocker

Reaction score

There is something that does help against it, I know because I came across it a week ago, but I wasnt paying attention and I just discarded whatever had happened, Im guessing a move that wanted to be taught and I kept pressing B just to get out of combat. But I dont remember what it was, unless I was dreaming, but there has to be something. Almost every single mechanic in the game has a counter, even pokes are 'made' to counter previous imbalances AND
there's that daily competition in the Mansion where you have to get through 5 attacking maids with Clefairies in a certain number of moves (requiring many one-hit KO's), one made almost impossible by their constant spamming of Endure, hence, by simple logic there has to be something that ignores the "save 1hp" rule and damages further. Its something, its either a move or an item or some magical property, but I know I wasn't dreaming!
The only thing that comes to my mind is poison, burn, curse and leech seed, which are statuses and they activate at the end of the turn, so they don't trigger Endure. Aside from this, there's no move that counters Endure.

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure the intended balance for Endure is that the chance for Endure to succeed goes down over time, like with Protect.

Matleo

Reaction score
What and how many pokemon know the most psychic and ghost type moves?