• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers, Castform's body size is 4. Bulbapedia speculates that this is for balance reasons, but on what planet is Castform overpowered?

Pokémon Crystal: In the underground, the Bargain Shop is supposed to appear Monday mornings, but for the last two weeks the shopkeeper hasn't been there. Anyone know why this could be? I've already defeated Whitney.

Pokémon Crystal: In the underground, the Bargain Shop is supposed to appear Monday mornings, but for the last two weeks the shopkeeper hasn't been there. Anyone know why this could be? I've already defeated Whitney.

Are other time-based events still working? Cause I know that with these games, the internal battery can run dry after which time-based events do not work anymore.

Are other time-based events still working? Cause I know that with these games, the internal battery can run dry after which time-based events do not work anymore.

In Crystal, if you can save, then everything else should be working. @BrightEyes You'll want to make sure what the Date/Time is on the Pokégear.

In Crystal, if you can save, then everything else should be working. @BrightEyes You'll want to make sure what the Date/Time is on the Pokégear.

Well, according to Bulbapedia:
A symptom of a battery running dry is the game's inability to keep track of the time correctly.

So it could be that saving is going to be impossible very soon too then, if that is the problem.

will the ability Long Reach ignore the effect of the move Reflect?
Yes it should in my opinion, if it does not make contact then its not strictly physical in that matter.
How do you think about this?

Reflect decreases the damage done by physical attacks. This includes Earthquake, Bulldoze, Bullet Seed, Egg Bomb, and other examples, where the user doesn't necessarily go in and hits the opponent himself. The difference is that Long Reach won't make contact. It won't turn all attacks into special or fall on a limbo between special and physical.

If I achieved a 19-win-streak at Battle Tree Multi Regulars on my own, and decide to team up with a real-life friend with no win-streak, will we be able to battle against Red and Green? Or will we be sent back to the beginning despite one of us meeting the requirements? I heard that this was supposedly a thing in Gen6, and I want to know if this works in Gen7.

From what me and my friend played around on Multi, we would go back to the first match everytime, even if we both stopped without losing.

If I achieved a 19-win-streak at Battle Tree Multi Regulars on my own, and decide to team up with a real-life friend with no win-streak, will we be able to battle against Red and Green? Or will we be sent back to the beginning despite one of us meeting the requirements? I heard that this was supposedly a thing in Gen6, and I want to know if this works in Gen7.

From what me and my friend played around on Multi, we would go back to the first match everytime, even if we both stopped without losing.

I was able to test this sooner than I thought:

I won through Multi Battle Regulars up til the 19th streak on my own with an NPC.
Then I teamed up with a real life friend to see what would happen. She did not have a single win in Multis.

Result: We battled Red and Green straight away as our first tag battle. What's more, my friend got her Super Multi unlocked after that one battle, without having to win 20 streaks.

Conclusion: the Multi battles at Battle Tree always continues from whoever has the highest win-streak.

Expectation: if one person has 49 streaks at Super Multi, and teams up with someone who has no wins, they'd very likely battle Red and Green from the start, and after winning that one battle the friend who had no wins would likely get the stamp.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
What the heck? When me and my friend tried playing Multi, we'd go back to the first match. Pokémon Sun and Moon, I call shenanigans.

I've been doing each of those monthly online tournaments so far, doing at least 3 battles with each one. When do they give out the Mega Stones for participating?

I've been doing each of those monthly online tournaments so far, doing at least 3 battles with each one. When do they give out the Mega Stones for participating?

After the competition it always takes a while before you can get the prize. In Global Link's article about the results for the last one it says "Check back for details on how to get your participation prize." Just gotta wait a while until an article on Global Link appears that gives you the code for the Mega Stones.

After the competition it always takes a while before you can get the prize. In Global Link's article about the results for the last one it says "Check back for details on how to get your participation prize." Just gotta wait a while until an article on Global Link appears that gives you the code for the Mega Stones.
Okay, cuz i still haven't seen anything from the very first one of those tournaments, and i was wondering what was taking so long, or if i missed it or something. I hope they hurry up with those.

Okay, cuz i still haven't seen anything from the very first one of those tournaments, and i was wondering what was taking so long, or if i missed it or something. I hope they hurry up with those.

You sure you're checking the Global Link website?

Cause the prizes for all previous competitions have already been given out:
Kanto x Alola Regional Rumble: Pokémon Global Link News-ポケモングローバルリンク インフォメーション
International Challenge February: Pokémon Global Link News-ポケモングローバルリンク インフォメーション
Alola Friendly: Pokémon Global Link News-ポケモングローバルリンク インフォメーション

You sadly can't claim any of those prizes anymore, you can only redeem the codes until a specific time.

You do know you don't receive the prizes automatically, right? You need to wait until the website posts an article with "Claim your [insert contest] prize" as the title, and then you can click on a link to receive the code for the prize, which you have to enter via Mystery Gift.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom