• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-6)

It's 209 a good speed for Tyranitar?

• YES

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
Beep Boop
Reaction score
Yes, they all have the same ID No.
They can still all be from a different game then though, and you just said the Island Cave is still 'closed' which is weird since it should be open as you should've caught Regice there, so are you sure you caught them all in this game? :p

Trainer since late 90's
Reaction score
They can still all be from a different game then though, and you just said the Island Cave is still 'closed' which is weird since it should be open as you should've caught Regice there, so are you sure you caught them all in this game? :p
I am pretty sure I caught them all by myself. To make sure I chased after two other places in which Regis could be found and they are closed as well. /:

Beep Boop
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I caught them all by myself. To make sure I chased after two other places in which Regis could be found and they are closed as well. /:
Hm then I guess the caves close after you catch them, my memory is hazy on that. Well, the only criteria I know for this is the following:
  • You need to have defeated or caught Groudon/Kyogre
  • You need to have caught all the Regis in their respective locations in the game
  • You need to have all Regis in your Party
  • Regice must be nicknamed and holding a Casteliacone, Never-Melt Ice, Icy Rock, or Snowball
  • Regigigas only appears 24 hours after you've caught the other three Regis
Maybe the last one is your problem then?

Trainer since late 90's
Reaction score
Hm then I guess the caves close after you catch them, my memory is hazy on that. Well, the only criteria I know for this is the following:
  • You need to have defeated or caught Groudon/Kyogre
  • You need to have caught all the Regis in their respective locations in the game
  • You need to have all Regis in your Party
  • Regice must be nicknamed and holding a Casteliacone, Never-Melt Ice, Icy Rock, or Snowball
  • Regigigas only appears 24 hours after you've caught the other three Regis
Maybe the last one is your problem then?
I caught them all in August lol. I will ask in other platforms then. Thanks though.

Reaction score
I am trying to play Crystal on a VBA Emulator, but when I try to set the time in the beginning the game just keeps asking me over and over. Anyone know why I can't get past it?

ETA: I think it's because I downloaded a version of it that is only meant for MAC's. (D'oh!) Anyway I just went on the VBA-M site and downloaded the most popular version. Worked liked a treat. Sorry for bringing my dozyness to these parts. :)

Last edited:
god of the Longbow!
Reaction score
soulsilver - how can i get my piloswine to learn ancientpower? its needed for the final evolution
There are two ways. Breed it with a Dunsparce or a Kecleon. Or take a Heart Scale to Blackthorn and hit up the move relearner.

Reaction score
in the case i dont have the heart scale (think i had a pokemon re learn a move before) do i need to leave Dunsparce at day care until level 41?

Vice President in Charge of Volcanoes
Reaction score
Speaking of interspecies breeding, can anyone give me a quick run-down? I mean like, if you're breeding species X with species Y, how do you guarantee you get the species you want? Or is it just dumb luck?

Splashing the Seven Seas
Reaction score
Speaking of interspecies breeding, can anyone give me a quick run-down? I mean like, if you're breeding species X with species Y, how do you guarantee you get the species you want? Or is it just dumb luck?
The species of the child is always that of the mother. So if you have a male Wailord, say, with a female Skitty, the child will be a Skitty.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
Also, if you breed either a male or a female Pokémon with a Ditto, the child will always be the species of the non-Ditto parent. So both a male or a female Skitty with a Ditto will result in a Skitty.

in the case i dont have the heart scale (think i had a pokemon re learn a move before) do i need to leave Dunsparce at day care until level 41?
Yes, once it's level 41 it will automatically learn Ancient Power at the Day Care.

Apricorn Collector
Reaction score
I'd like to know if me and my friend got EXTREMELY lucky, or if that's how it goes:
We are playing ORAS together, and we just got to the point where we get Latios/Latias. We received them, but I got kinda angry because we couldn't reset for a good nature, which we like to have them with, even if we also dislike using legendaries on any kind of team.
However, we both got surprised when I saw that my Latios came with Modest nature (good for a attacking mon, though I'm pretty sure a Timid would be better), and my friend got a Latias with the Calm nature (good for a tanking mon like Latias).
Now... Are the natures set, so that the players wouldn't have to redo a bunch of stuff while SR for a good natured one... Or did we just get CRAZY lucky? Either way, I'm happy.

Reaction score
I'd like to know if me and my friend got EXTREMELY lucky, or if that's how it goes:
We are playing ORAS together, and we just got to the point where we get Latios/Latias. We received them, but I got kinda angry because we couldn't reset for a good nature, which we like to have them with, even if we also dislike using legendaries on any kind of team.
However, we both got surprised when I saw that my Latios came with Modest nature (good for a attacking mon, though I'm pretty sure a Timid would be better), and my friend got a Latias with the Calm nature (good for a tanking mon like Latias).
Now... Are the natures set, so that the players wouldn't have to redo a bunch of stuff while SR for a good natured one... Or did we just get CRAZY lucky? Either way, I'm happy.
You got lucky, congrats.

Reminds me of my Adamant shiny Haxorus from the Nature Preserve.

[LIMITER] [DISC] [SAVE] [SYSTEM ERROR]
Reaction score
@SpikOriundo I must note that you can have a Pokémon with Synchronize in the lead on Pokémon such as Latias and Latios to be able to get the nature you want. It only applies to a certain game onward, last I remember...

Apricorn Collector
Reaction score
@SpikOriundo I must note that you can have a Pokémon with Synchronize in the lead on Pokémon such as Latias and Latios to be able to get the nature you want. It only applies to a certain game onward, last I remember...
I know that, it's just that we got off guard. We had never played ORAS specifically, so we weren't expecting to be receiving a Legendary just like that, or that we'd have to synchronize something other than Kyogre/Groudon before the Elite Four.

[LIMITER] [DISC] [SAVE] [SYSTEM ERROR]
Reaction score
@SpikOriundo Ah, makes sense. In any case, yeah, you did get pretty lucky. Be sure to use them well!
And to clarify, when I said what I said when mentioning you, I meant specific cases like Latias and Latios, not just things like Kyogre/Groudon - in-game gift Pokémon. Kinda weird.