• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

In Double Battles on Battle Tree, the FPS will go down to about 40~50, and during Z-Moves it will go down to about 30~40.
It won't be like trying to run GTA V on a Pentium, it will be more like trying to run GTA V on high settings with a i3. A few lag spikes sometimes, but nothing that will completely ruin your experience.

It seems like 60FPS. Unless my eyes have forgotten what 60FPS are.
The movement seems too fluid to be 30FPS, and I generally can tell 30 to 60 pretty well.

The movement seems too fluid to be 30FPS, and I generally can tell 30 to 60 pretty well.
Perhaps look at it this way - compare the battle scenes of Generation IV, VI or VII to that of Generations III and V - the former three Generations run at 30FPS for battle scenes, and the latter two (as well as Generations I and II) run at 60FPS for battle scenes. With that being said, there are a bunch of instances where the framerate changes depending on the scene, such as Generation V switching back to 30FPS in the overworld.

Hey guys, Black 2 question for ya: If you've unlocked challenge mode, can you restart the game and have the key still be there, or will it be erased as well? I just bought a used copy of Black 2 that the previous owner beat. I want to start a new game in challenge mode but I don't want to lose the key if I erase the file.

Hey guys, Black 2 question for ya: If you've unlocked challenge mode, can you restart the game and have the key still be there, or will it be erased as well? I just bought a used copy of Black 2 that the previous owner beat. I want to start a new game in challenge mode but I don't want to lose the key if I erase the file.

Nope. The key is tied to the file.

To restart in a new difficulty, someone has to have beaten B2W2 and have the key for thier respective difficulties ready to give to someone who is just starting the game. You cannot use the key on yourself.

Nope. The key is tied to the file.

To restart in a new difficulty, someone has to have beaten B2W2 and have the key for thier respective difficulties ready to give to someone who is just starting the game. You cannot use the key on yourself.

Well, that's lame. Not sure why they made this process so much harder than it needs to be.

Anyway, thanks for repsonding!

For the past two weeks, I've been unable to log into the Global Link. I've had trouble logging on before where it doesn't register my credentials but now I can't even enter them. The fields are gone and instead there's a message that reads:

"Due to current maintenance, you can't log in to the Pokemon Trainer Club now. Please wait until maintenance is complete."

It's been two weeks. I've tried Chrome and Firefox, I've tried logging into the Pokemon Trainer Club itself (which I can do and is not actually under maintenance), I've tried changing my password on the Trainer Club, I've tried desktop and mobile site, I don't know what else to try.

For the past two weeks, I've been unable to log into the Global Link. I've had trouble logging on before where it doesn't register my credentials but now I can't even enter them. The fields are gone and instead there's a message that reads:

"Due to current maintenance, you can't log in to the Pokemon Trainer Club now. Please wait until maintenance is complete."

It's been two weeks. I've tried Chrome and Firefox, I've tried logging into the Pokemon Trainer Club itself (which I can do and is not actually under maintenance), I've tried changing my password on the Trainer Club, I've tried desktop and mobile site, I don't know what else to try.
Have you tried contacting them about the issues?

Okay, so I was reading Curse's page, when I read this part under Generation VI and could not quite understand it.

If the user is not already Ghost-type and becomes Ghost-type due to Protean upon executing Curse, the user will use the Ghost-type Curse on itself (regardless of Follow Me or Rage Powder); this cannot be blocked by Crafty Shield.

Does this mean the Pokémon will use Curse and inflict in on itself; that it cuts its own HP in half and loses more HP every turn, or will the user target an opposing Pokémon like it always does. Am I right with the former part? Or is the latter part correct?

It means that a pokemon that became Ghost-type during the battle will have the Ghost-type effect of Curse, HP drop and status infliction and all.

Can Sun and moon be played on a standard 2ds I've heard people say it lags but just how bad is it?
Yes it can be played on a standard 2DS. I'm currently playing Moon version on the 2DS. It does lag during Double Battles, Multi Battles, SOS Battles, and Battle Royale, but there isn't much of a problem while you're travelling or battling in Singles format.

It is still super-effective on Water types(not that it matters much at all since Ice is super-effective on Water normally in this mode.)

Is there a way to get unlimited amount of PP up and PP max without having to use the Festival Plaza?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom