• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

i go there to quickly get to my training spot :X
i was just curious if it would work at all since ive never had a even slightly filled WF :(

I don't think I've ever been to Black City, I'm just passing along information. If I had White, I'd definitely go to White Forest, but Black City just seems a bit crap.

I think you need Wi-Fi, which I don't have. So, I'm SOL, I guess. :/
You don't need Wi-Fi, just access to two consoles and a copy each of Black and White, whether yours or a friend's.
Although, I have also heard that the area became populated again when it was left alone for a while ("a while" being quite a while). Connecting with White Forest seems like a definite fix, though.
Unfortunately, the only way is to connect to White, or to start the game anew. I don't know how it started but it seems a common false misconception that people randomly appear in Black City over time, where in reality they move out of it never to be seen again.

Can you trade between games from a DS to a 3DS or vice versa?

Question in title. I'm thinking of buying a 3DS. May be a deal breaker if it doesn't.

You don't need Wi-Fi, just access to two consoles and a copy each of Black and White, whether yours or a friend's.

I must have been thinking of something else. I'll try that, though.

Thank you.

I have one if I bred a shiny liepard what would the % be of getting and hatching a shiny Purrloin?

Exactly the same as if you were breeding two normal Liepard - the fact that one is shiny doesn't change the chances of the offspring being alternately coloured. Unless it's foreign, in which case it increases, but that's due to the Masuda Method.

Question: Does a pokemon with Plus/Minus get the 50% Sp.Atk. boost if it uses the move Entrainment on an enemy to make it also have +/-? Or is the boost strictly for allies that have +/-?

I think it would get powered up :)

Do you mean not entering the city as being left alone?

uhm...why did you randomly quote me?

and why didn't i get a notification? ._.

edit: @PkmnGreen and why is it not letting me quote you.....?
Probably because he put his post inside the quote, so the forum thinks there's nothing to be quoted or notified about.
And to your question several posts up, I don't know, but it looks like PkmnGreen answered it anyway.

Probably because he put his post inside the quote, so the forum thinks there's nothing to be quoted or notified about.
And to your question several posts up, I don't know, but it looks like PkmnGreen answered it anyway.

oh ok i didn't even notice that they put it inside the quote :eek:

Re: Can you trade between games from a DS to a 3DS or vice versa?

Question in title. I'm thinking of buying a 3DS. May be a deal breaker if it doesn't.

Yes you can trade between any DS generation IV or V main series games played on a 3DS with another played on a DS. The 3DS will act like a DSi so it can also use the DSi exclusive features in generation V games. It can also play multiplayer on DSiWare games and other multiplayer DS games. Should this thread have been asked in Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen V) thread?

Edit: Vice versa from a DS game to a 3DS game I don't know but in the thread The Future of Gen V: DS or 3DS? people have said that if generation V continues on the 3DS it would be possible for the DS games to connect to the 3DS games but no 3DS games have been made yet which can connect to DS games.

Last edited:

Sorry, saw this thread after I posted. I do have a case of tunnelvision sometimes. Thanks though.

Is the Poké Transfer Lab the only way of getting access to my Gen IV pokémon? Or, can I trade Gen IV pokémon to my White Version?

What does Wonder Skin do exactly? According to Bulbapedia:

"Wonder Skin causes the chance of a status move used against the user working to be halved. It does not affect moves that inflict status as a secondary effect like Thunder's chance to paralyze."

Maybe I'm just not reading it right, but that first sentence looks like a grammatical nightmare. I can't understand it. Does it mean the accuracy of status moves is halved? If so, why not just say "Wonder Skin causes the accuracy of status moves to be halved."?

I think it's trying to say that any status moves used against a Pokémon with this ability have their accuracy lowered by half. It might be worth switching the wording, but we'd need to come up with a less-confusing alternative (even my explanation is wordy and ambiguous).

There's a better description at Smogon: Reduces the chance of a status move having an effect by 50%.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom