• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Umm what is the proper way to get LT Surges number? I walk around during the correct time period with a Pikachu but he's never there. What am I doing wrong?

Umm what is the proper way to get LT Surges number? I walk around during the correct time period with a Pikachu but he's never there. What am I doing wrong?

You have to catch Zapdos (defeating Zapdos won't count) before he will give you his number.

You have to catch Zapdos (defeating Zapdos won't count) before he will give you his number.

Ah ok. Well I defeated him. Goodbye training partner for m Nidoqueen :/

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Does anybody have a promotional Generation I Mew (any language, but please specify which)? What was its level distributed at, what moves did it know (probably level-up moves at that level), what was its original Trainer, and what was its ID number?

If possible, IVs would be nice too, but I can work with stats which have never been given stat experience (Gen I EVs), which are given via vitamins and defeating Pokémon in battle.

Question;

If I use the Poke' Transfer Lab I can move pokemon from Diamond/Platinum to White using only one Nintendo DS?

Sort of the same question I asked yesterday although it was poorly worded.

Thanks!

In the Battle Subway, why did I get error code 13266 on the wi-fi train when I tried to connect?

I'm writing a fic about GSCHGSS but I've forgotten a detail and I need to work it out before I proceed.

I checked out 'pedia but I couldn't locate the information.

Do you meet Silver in the Mahogany Rocket HQ?

If so, is this before or after you battle Ariana?

Thanks in advance.

I'm writing a fic about GSCHGSS but I've forgotten a detail and I need to work it out before I proceed.

Thanks in advance.

You do, just before you battle Petrel :)

Thanks in advance.

Is it Rival's story 2? That would be awesome. I'm currently doing a HG monorun, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Is it Rival's story 2? That would be awesome. I'm currently doing a HG monorun, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

It's Lance's story, actually, but it's set in the same universe as Rival's Story and there's a small amount of crossover.

Thanks for the offer, I'll VM you if I have any questions. :)

It's Lance's story, actually, but it's set in the same universe as Rival's Story and there's a small amount of crossover.

Thanks for the offer, I'll VM you if I have any questions. :)

Oh, it's for Dragon Days. So this means that Mature chapters are soon going to enter the timeline of G/S/C events?

if I missed an event are there other ways to get the event pokemon? in the mystery gift menu I see "get from a friend" and "get via wireless" options

Re: How to use the PokeGen

Well..you don't need action replay to USE PokeGen..but all PokeGen is is a code creator. So to get the benefits of PokeGen, you need Action Replay.

As far as how to use it..it's actually pretty simple!

First, use the PID finder. (The little box above the species window.) Click on the little "F" next to the "PID" box, and you will go to a window where you can set all of the IV's you want the Pokemon in question to have. (NOTE: The higher the IV's are, the harder it will be to find a PID.)

Next, after you have the IV's set, set the species, gender, nature, shinyness, and ability you want the Pokemon to have. (Ability one is for abilities that the Pokemon would have in the wild on a normal basis. Ability two is the rarer of the two abilities. Look on Bulbapedia to learn the two abilities a Pokemon can have.)

Then search for a PID. If one is found, click "OK" and you will return to the main page. On the main page, you can edit almost everything about the Pokemon. The actual ability the Pokemon will have..event if it's not legal, such as wonderguard on a Spirtomb..etc.), experience/level, happiness, etc. Then move on to the next page, "MET". (Or any of them..but I go in order..)

On the "MET" page, you can change everything about where the Pokemon was obtained. You can make an event Pokemon look legit by making it from a Pokemon Event, or you can say to have caught the Pokemon on or at a specific place. (It's all listed on the MET page.)

Next, navigate to the STATS page. Here, you can further edit the IV's and EV's to your liking. Note however, that all "legal" pokemon will only have an EV total of 510. But the game allows you to make all of the EV's 255. (But if you want an actually plausible pokemon, make them equal 510 or less. :p )

Now we move onto the ATTACKS page..as you may have guessed, you can set all attacks the Pokemon will have. (The game doesn't care what Pokemon knows what moves either..so go ahead, give a Celebi Roar of Time, if that floats you boat.) Again, legal Pokemon have normally obtainable movesets..so use caution.)

Now we move onto the final tab, OT/MISC. Here you say who owned the Pokemon before you, or if you caught it. Don't worry about the extra bytes section...it's meaningless. Set any ribbons you want the Pokemon to have, and so on. If you want the Pokemon to look like it's yours, you need to set the ID and SID to what yours are, otherwise, the game will recognize the Pokemon as traded. Give the Pokemon any markers if you want..not that it does anything...and you're 99% done!

Now all that's left to do is select a place for the code to place the Pokemon in your game. Once you find a place, right click on that spot, and click SET FROM CONTROLS..or SET. The Pokemon you made will show up where you clicked. Now just generate the code. In PokeGen version 3.0b24..the code generator is located in the TOOLS tab at the top. In older versions, it's found directly under where you place the Pokemon. Create a code that is for your game, and activates however you are able to activate. (SELECT..L+R..etc.)

On V. 3.0b24..click copy under where the code preview is. In older versions, the code automatically copies in the clipboard of your computer. Next just use the AR Code Manager and input the code..and you're done!

Need to know how to use the Code Manager? Or have any questions about the above directions? Ask me to explain! I'll be glad to help!

-Professor K. 151. The Pokemon Code Professor. :D

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

In Colosseum, where is a good place to train pokemon lv. 50 and up? I got my butt kicked by Evice, so I need to know where to train.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom