• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Aron in emerald

Hey all, first time playing emerald and just got the oh so cute Aron!
Now I'm planning out his final moveset and I'm not sure if I should go with 'Metal Claw' or 'Iron Tail' as his steel move. Iron Tail is more damage but less PP and HORRIBLE accuracy...

being that my Aron is adament with the Rock Head Ability here are the other moves I plan on it having;

Double-Edge (high power, no damage from recoil)
Rockslide (stab move of the Rock type)
Earthquake (cause its good haha)

so ya, Iron Tail or Metal Claw, thoughts?

Re: Aron in emerald

Iron Tail. Moar power, and the accuracy isn't as bad as, say, Thunder.

hmm ya but i never use thunder because of the acc thing either, i much prefer thunderbolt haha.
EDIT: also keep in mind this isn't for competative play, its for playing through the game itself.

iron tail cuz power and overal crazy cuz aron has no tail. cant pass up an oppertunity like that

Question about base stats?

Hello, I'm new here, so I wasn't really sure where to put this...I figured this place might work. (edit-- but feel free to move it if I put this in the wrong place)

Anyway, I was wondering if the base stats of a pokemon changed when they get a new evolution in later generations? For example, would the base stats of an Onix be different in Gen 1 than in Gen 2, when it later evolves into a Steelix, or do the base stats remain the same?

It seems like they would change, because a pokemon that doesn't evolve tends to be stronger than a pokemon that does evolve but hasn't yet, and with so many new evolutions, it just seems like the base stats of the newly-evolving pokemon should change, otherwise they would all just become ridiculously strong. Or not, I don't know.

Anyway, so that's what I was wondering. Does anybody know if they do change?

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Which moves should I teach a Snorlax before migrating to Generation V?

Which moves should I teach a Snorlax before migrating to Generation V?

Giga Impact works a treat, and of course Rest is a must too. I taught mine Brick Break too, but that's your call.

Who drew the artwork for the Dream World?

Can I trade a (for example) Carvanha from whatever version to Platinum version without needing the national dex? Normally it's only obtainable after you get it, but I have like entirely ignored trading rules (trading entirely, really) and whatnot for the past 3 generations, so Iunno for sure. Same with like Dual Slot and Poke Radar modes, dunno about those.

Can I trade a (for example) Carvanha from whatever version to Platinum version without needing the national dex? Normally it's only obtainable after you get it, but I have like entirely ignored trading rules (trading entirely, really) and whatnot for the past 3 generations, so Iunno for sure. Same with like Dual Slot and Poke Radar modes, dunno about those.

Yes, you can trade any Pokemon to Platinum or any other Gen IV game without getting the national dex from another Gen IV game.

You can.

Edit: Ahhh beaten ^

Hi guys,

Just want to check before I potentially shell out money for nothing - I want to use the Masuda method to start breeding for shinies. For that I need a foreign game cartridge, so will either buy one from France or Germany. I'm not sure exactly how it works though. My DS was bought in England and I currently play the games in English. I guess what I'm asking is, if I order, say, White from France, so the game will be played in French, will the new French version be compatible with my English DS? This is potentially a very obvious question to which I imagine I probably know the answer already (ie yes, it will be compatible), but I'd still like to check in case I waste £30. Thanks/Merci beaucoup/Vielen Dank :]

Jack

Forget it. Managed to fix it myself.

Last edited:

Hi guys,

Just want to check before I potentially shell out money for nothing - I want to use the Masuda method to start breeding for shinies. For that I need a foreign game cartridge, so will either buy one from France or Germany. I'm not sure exactly how it works though. My DS was bought in England and I currently play the games in English. I guess what I'm asking is, if I order, say, White from France, so the game will be played in French, will the new French version be compatible with my English DS? This is potentially a very obvious question to which I imagine I probably know the answer already (ie yes, it will be compatible), but I'd still like to check in case I waste £30. Thanks/Merci beaucoup/Vielen Dank :]

Jack

Why not just buy the game in your country/language and then get a foreign Ditto/foreign pokemon to Masuda with? The game itself doesn't have to be foreign, just one of the pokemon you are breeding with.

Hi, me again. >_>; So I'm trying to breed an Elekid on the Platinum I mentioned previously. Guy has a male Electivire and I went out and caught a female Electabuzz, stuck 'em in the day care. So according to Bulbapedia, they should be:

(Dunno if an evolution counts as a separate species or not, but they're the same percentage, so whatever.)

But he says "The two don't seem to like each other much." instead. Which sucks if I get a lame nature for the Elekid and try again, because instead of a 50% chance of an egg, it's 20%. D:

Is this even a question?

Why not just buy the game in your country/language and then get a foreign Ditto/foreign pokemon to Masuda with? The game itself doesn't have to be foreign, just one of the pokemon you are breeding with.

I could do that, but as my nick suggests, I'm a language geek, so I will really enjoy playing the games in other languages for the benefit of the languages themselves - for me it's not just about the benefits the game gives from foreign trading. Would the scenario I suggested above work? Thanks,

Jack

Having never purchased or tried to play a foreign game on my DS I can't give you a 100% answer on that. I know people that own French games and Japanese games and they work on their DS, but whether they had any problems with it, I don't know.

Probably best you wait to see what anyone else has to say first. Sorry I haven't been much help.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom