• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

That might be the case... Will different people eventually appear for me to ask, or am I stuck with the current lot?

The people that appear in the Entralink Forest/City are the ones that leave the 'actual' Forest/City, so if you had some leave say the 'actual' White City they would appear in the Entralink White City, but that's not exactly ideal.
If everyone in both games is the same you may end up having to take some people from yet another game... or else, restart one of the two to get more people, since all games start with three people in the Entralink Forest/City.
...which makes me wonder if you can get to Nimbasa without saving. (Nimbasa is the first place you can have someone enter your Entralink from, I believe.)

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

You're going to need all 8 HMs at some point or another.

I heard somewhere that certain Pokemon's Shininess is determined at the start of the game. In HG, is Moltres one of them?

Is Pokemon Black and White compatible with WPA while using a DSi ?

I've heard that while the DSi can connect with WPA, you can only get wi-fi on DS games (like Pokemon) while using WEP.
But now I've heard somewhere that Black and White can actually connect to WPA wi-fi if you're using a DSi.

Is this correct?

Is Pokemon Black and White compatible with WPA while using a DSi ?

I've heard that while the DSi can connect with WPA, you can only get wi-fi on DS games (like Pokemon) while using WEP.
But now I've heard somewhere that Black and White can actually connect to WPA wi-fi if you're using a DSi.

Is this correct?
Yes, Black, White, and I believe any game using the ''TWL'' coding rather than ''NDS'' supports WPA in a DSi.

I heard somewhere that certain Pokemon's Shininess is determined at the start of the game. In HG, is Moltres one of them?

Shinyness is down to luck, and it is not predetermined.

Shinyness is down to luck, and it is not predetermined.
Except in HgSs and the originals, where Gyarados was predetermined to be shiny, and in BW where Reshiram, Zekrom and Victini are predetermined to not be shiny in their in-game encounters.

Yes, Black, White, and I believe any game using the ''TWL'' coding rather than ''NDS'' supports WPA in a DSi.

That's great, thanks.
So the DSi with Black/White will be able to get wi-fi from any kind of router that uses WPA (a Vodafone router for example) ?

That's great, thanks.
So the DSi with Black/White will be able to get wi-fi from any kind of router that uses WPA (a Vodafone router for example) ?

Should do :)

For the longest time I've had problems looking for Special-oriented Pokemon from Gen V. Anyone have any suggestions? Can I have some tips on how to train them as well?

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

alright but which ones should I actually teach to my team?

When your using a IV calculator like this one:Serebii.net Games - Individual Value Calculator, do you determine your pokemon's IVs from the median bar or something else?
Well, normally, I just use the highest or the lowest (depending on my mood xD), but having a look at the IV calculator myself; I think going by the median would be the best bet.

Well, normally, I just use the highest or the lowest (depending on my mood xD), but having a look at the IV calculator myself; I think going by the median would be the best bet.
Best bet as in the most accurate?

Best bet as in the most accurate?
Well, I'm not sure about the accuracy. However, as I've found out through raising several Pokémon, if I go by the highest or lowest, as the Pokémon levels up, that range can change dramatically, so the median sounds like a safer bet.

When your using a IV calculator like this one:Serebii.net Games - Individual Value Calculator, do you determine your pokemon's IVs from the median bar or something else?

Ok, it won't be accurate, so if you're planning for certain HPtype and can't get the HP Guide, it won't help there. But if you want to know if it's reasonably got good or bad stats this will help. It will tell you if your special attacker's IVs are low or high.

I'd not only take the Median in consideration but also the range too.

The More info you can add the better chance of working out the IVs.

OK, I just got an Egg in a trade. Thing is, it's called "Ei" instead of "Egg". Any threat there?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom