• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Hello.

I'm trying to make a competitive Ursaring and the recipe calls for Close Combat and Crunch. I might be overlooking something, I can't see a way to breed both Close Combat and Crunch onto Teddiursa. Help?

The problem is, I can't! she kicked my butt, so I need to level some, but don't know where to do that!

Just continue exploring the rest of Kanto and battle the other four gym leaders that you have access to at this point. You'll level up enough eventually.

Hey everyone! I have a quick question. So in Black Version at the Gear Station, there's a guy with dark blue hair and a blue shirt. When I talk to him, he says this:

"Hi, hi! Please tell me how you introduce yourself before a battle and how you feel when you win or lose."

After that, he gives you the following 5 options: Introduction, When You Win, When You Lose, When You Become No. 1, & Not Telling. Whichever option I choose, I can comment with a phrase. Who is this guy and what am I supposed to say?? I keep reading that he's a stat judge, but I haven't beat the E4 yet. Thanks in advance! :)

Hey everyone! I have a quick question. So in Black Version at the Gear Station, there's a guy with dark blue hair and a blue shirt. When I talk to him, he says this:

"Hi, hi! Please tell me how you introduce yourself before a battle and how you feel when you win or lose."

After that, he gives you the following 5 options: Introduction, When You Win, When You Lose, When You Become No. 1, & Not Telling. Whichever option I choose, I can comment with a phrase. Who is this guy and what am I supposed to say?? I keep reading that he's a stat judge, but I haven't beat the E4 yet. Thanks in advance! :)
When you battle against someone in the Battle Subway online, those quotes are what you see them say. Before battle, when win, when lose, ...not sure about No. 1, and that's a quit option.
The judger is another person who will appear there too after the credits.

Hello.

I'm trying to make a competitive Ursaring and the recipe calls for Close Combat and Crunch. I might be overlooking something, I can't see a way to breed both Close Combat and Crunch onto Teddiursa. Help?

Well seeing as it's in the ground/field egg group, why not just breed a female teddiursa/ursaring with a male smeargle who has sketched the moves you want? Since it looks like (at least in gen 5) that it would take a few chains to breed close combat and crunch into the ursa line without smeargle.

Is it possible to have everyone in the entralink version (what the person visiting your game via entralink would see) of your Black City/White Forest? If you were to collect everyone via various copies or save files of the opposite version, would they all end up there when they left? Or is there a limit to the number of people that can be there?

And I'm still wondering if anyone has an answer to this:

I've been doing the musical solely for the sake of the trainer card star. I thought I had everything as I haven't gotten any new props in five to ten performances, despite having won most of them. I know I have the props handed out by special people (the Santa stuff from the guy in Opelucid City, the electric guitar from the musician, everything the owner gives you under different conditions). In fact, I know exactly what I'm missing.

mallet
windup key
googly specs
black tie
gentleman's hat
pocket watch
pennant
professor hat
thick book
bouquet
fake bone
round mushroom

Is this just bad luck? Are props harder to get as you get more of them? Is there some special condition I am missing?

Is it possible to have everyone in the entralink version (what the person visiting your game via entralink would see) of your Black City/White Forest? If you were to collect everyone via various copies or save files of the opposite version, would they all end up there when they left? Or is there a limit to the number of people that can be there?

And I'm still wondering if anyone has an answer to this:
There is a limit of 10 people in a someone else's City/Forest I believe. However I can't answer about the props. :/

I know that in previous gens, it only took 11 of each kind of ev berries to for sure make a pokemon a blank slate ev wise. My question is, how many of each ev berry do I have to use now in gen 5 since I heard they changed things up.

Please be very straight forward in your answer :D

There is a limit of 10 people in a someone else's City/Forest I believe. However I can't answer about the props. :/

Poo. Thank you. D:

I know that in previous gens, it only took 11 of each kind of ev berries to for sure make a pokemon a blank slate ev wise. My question is, how many of each ev berry do I have to use now in gen 5 since I heard they changed things up.

Please be very straight forward in your answer :D

As many as it would to get rid of the evs (still counting by ten) in that stat. If you have 120 it will now take 12 instead of 11. If you have max evs in a stat (255) you will need 26 (25 + one to get the left over 5 evs).

As many as it would to get rid of the evs (still counting by ten) in that stat. If you have 120 it will now take 12 instead of 11. If you have max evs in a stat (255) you will need 26 (25 + one to get the left over 5 evs).

Holy hell 26?! D: are you serious?? Dear sweet god that is absurd ಠ_ಠ
So if I have this straight (and I may not as I am outlandishly tired), if you have 10 vitamins and 20 some odd feathers invested in a pokemon, it will take 12 ev berries to wipe that stat's evs back to 0.

But, if it is fully ev trained, that stat (provided it is one of the 2 invested stats with 252 evs) will take 26 all on it's own..

So basically instead of a pokemon taking a total of about 66 ev berries it will now, in gen 5, take about 100...I hope I am wrong D:

I've been doing the musical solely for the sake of the trainer card star. I thought I had everything as I haven't gotten any new props in five to ten performances, despite having won most of them. I know I have the props handed out by special people (the Santa stuff from the guy in Opelucid City, the electric guitar from the musician, everything the owner gives you under different conditions). In fact, I know exactly what I'm missing.

mallet
windup key
googly specs
black tie
gentleman's hat
pocket watch
pennant
professor hat
thick book
bouquet
fake bone
round mushroom

Is this just bad luck? Are props harder to get as you get more of them? Is there some special condition I am missing?

It looks like all of those Props are either Elegant or Quirky, which correspond to A Sweet Soirée and Exciting Nimbasa respectively. So try focusing on those two shows. Sorry I can't be of more help :S

How do you spend Dream Points/unlock more Pokemon in pleasant forest, because I have been trying to get a female Pachirisu in there for a while, and I can't find a menu other than the catalog for furniture!

But, if it is fully ev trained, that stat (provided it is one of the 2 invested stats with 252 evs) will take 26 all on it's own..

So basically instead of a pokemon taking a total of about 66 ev berries it will now, in gen 5, take about 100...I hope I am wrong D:

You can only max out two stats and can only have 510 totaly so I don't think it could really take any more than 51-ish. But yes, it is a pain in the butt. It makes me miss being able to grow berries in game again, if only because I was able to keep more plots of them in DPPt.

It looks like all of those Props are either Elegant or Quirky, which correspond to A Sweet Soirée and Exciting Nimbasa respectively. So try focusing on those two shows. Sorry I can't be of more help :S

Actually that was extremely helpful. I had no idea you got certain props after doing certain musicals and I've probably been focusing more on the other ones than those without thinking about it. Thank you. :3

And it worked, I finally got all the props. : D

You don't spend dream points, things happen basically automatically. After you've gotten enough points (assuming you have the appropriate badges as I know certain things won't happen without half or all the badges) the areas unlock or the pokemon show up. Unfortunately it is all very random and there is no way to control it. It took a while for me to see certain things, even after I had enough points. So I don't think that's uncommon. Keep trying, it's all about luck on that one.

Last edited:

In Soul Silver what is the easiest or most efficient way to collect Heart Scales?

I'm currently smashing rocks in Cianwood City, but it's beginning to get tedious: after 30 minutes of running into Shuckle and Krabby I have only managed to collect 4. If this is the best way I'll carry on with it, I'm just wanting to know what, if any, are other ways of collecting Heart Scales that people have found useful?

In Soul Silver what is the easiest or most efficient way to collect Heart Scales?

I'm currently smashing rocks in Cianwood City, but it's beginning to get tedious: after 30 minutes of running into Shuckle and Krabby I have only managed to collect 4. If this is the best way I'll carry on with it, I'm just wanting to know what, if any, are other ways of collecting Heart Scales that people have found useful?
Well that's pretty much the best way. Of course you could always try out a PickUp-ability, but getting Heart Scales by that is quite likely only with a Pokémon in level 91-100 :|. Also remember to get one from Pokéathlon each Wendnesday and Sunday. I'm not sure, if changing DS's clock can help you to get Heart Scales from 'athlon.

Ah, thank you. I looked into Pick Up before I started Rock Smashin' and the levels were too high for me (at the moment). I'll have a vet of the Pokeathlon at some point, too. Although those mini-games get infuriating after a while. :p

I just got a Arcanine over the GTS. In the summary, right above the "held item box", there's a pink smily-face.
What does it mean?

I just got a Arcanine over the GTS. In the summary, right above the "held item box", there's a pink smily-face.
What does it mean?

It had, and is cured of, Pokerus.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom