• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Tinburr in Pinwheel Forest

Are you looking for Timburr inside Pinwheel Forest? Because it's not there. Maybe you skipped accidentally the dead end southwards before the entrance, where you can find various Fighting-type and Tympole. Did you battle the nurse?

I have been training my Darumaka in Pinwheel Forest since it was level 16, now level 20, and I have not encountered a level 12 Tinburr. I have not seen one since my Dewott evolved. Can someone help me out?

What Sennen_Goroshi said...

Timburr can be found in the grass right before entering Pinwheel Forest.

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

This seems like a silly question but I want to make sure. If I put a game in a different DS and don't save it doesn't effect any of the time related events, does it?

Bulbapedia doesn't say, but does anyone know the relative probabilities of finding items in dust clouds? I haven't been keeping statistics, but I'd say the probability of finding a Gem is around three times the probability of finding evolutionary stones.

Well it isn't exactly scientific but I did do this a while back:

After reading this thread I decided to actually keep track of what I got using 30 super repels (less pokedollars per step).

Drilbur x 13

Stones:

Leaf x 1, Dusk x 1

Gems:

Poison x 2, Psychic x 3, Rock x 1, Electric x 3, Dark x 1, Water x 1, Steel x 2, Dragon x 3, Ice x 1

Which gives me 2 stones for 17 gems. If that is any kind of accurate then it's more like 8 times as likely. ._. I'm not in the mood to do it again but replicating what I did a few times would produce at least slightly more accurate results.

Timburr in Pinwheel Forest

Below the nurse. There's a lot of grass there. Seriously, go try it out.

Try running around the grass on the raised land, where there are martial art trainers and a punching rock.

Which gives me 2 stones for 17 gems. If that is any kind of accurate then it's more like 8 times as likely. ._. I'm not in the mood to do it again but replicating what I did a few times would produce at least slightly more accurate results.
I just tried this as well, with the following results:

11 Drilbur

2 Stones (Everstone x 2)

9 Gems (Dragon x 2, Flying x 2, Steel x 1, Normal x 1, Ghost x 1, Bug x 1, Electric x 1)

Though this really isn't enough data to start coming up with percentages, I think it's pretty clear that stones are the least likely class of objects to show up.

Yep, Gems are definitely more common that stones. At least in my experience.

Out of 100 dust clouds in Wellspring Cave, I encountered the following:

40 Drilbur
51 Gems
9 Stones

So I suspect the split is actually something like 40/50/10. However...

Of the nine stones I found, six were Everstones. There was also a Sun Stone, a Moon Stone and a Shiny Stone. While it's possible I just had a run of questionable luck in finding so many Everstones, I think the explanation is likely one or other of the following:

1. You can find all stones in dust clouds, but some are more common than others, or
2. Certain stones are only found in the dust clouds of certain caves.

With Wellspring Cave being the first cave accessible, it makes a certain amount of sense that I was mostly finding the crappiest stone there. I think that explanation 2 is slightly more plausible than explanation 1, in part because having all stones available in all dust clouds, but with some more common than others, would mean that the least common ones would have an appearance rate of less than 1%, assuming that my estimate of 10% for any item is accurate. In addition, we already know that Pokémon vary between the dust clouds of different caves (with Excadrill appearing in the later ones) so why not vary the stones as well?

tourney with friends, finishing up my team, need help please

hey so me and my friends are had a pokemon draft. We each drafted 4 pokemon and then we each get a starter of whoever we choose and any pokemon whether he has been drafted or not. Also we get a 7th secret pokemon of who has not been drafted which almost seems pointless to me. We are doing this with no legendaries. Pseudo-legendaries are allowed. we're going to level them up to 65 and then battle them. we are playing in gold and silver and u can trade and what not from red and blue.

i drafted jolteon, espeon, starmie, and nidoking.

jolteon will have thunder, thunderbolt, bite, and shadow ball.

espeon will have psychic, shadow ball, bite, possibly dream eater/nightmare

starmie will have thunderbolt, surf, ice beam, and psychic

nidoking will have thunderbolt, ice beam, surf, possibly earthquake

i have been thinking mainly about using typhlosion with flamethrower, earthquake, thunderpunch, and dynamic punch and snorlax with rest, sleep talk, hyper beam and possibly earthquake as well. i have also been looking mainly at tyranitar or dragonite in place of snorlax because they have such great stats.

the friends that are the most experiencing and that im mainly focusing on creating a team to beat teams look like this im assuming.

snorlax, kingdra, dragonite/tyranitar, scizor, crobat, and most likely either charizard or possibly typhlosion

the other team will most likely be tyranitar, dragonite,
charizard, heracross, poliwrath, maganium

i'm open for any advice on which starter and which free guy i should take based on these two teams i will be going up against but i would also like advice on move sets and hold items. thank you for your help in advance and sorry there was so much to read

Lock Capsule

Does anyone know when the Lock Capsule event is supposed to be released, in order to obtain Snarl?

Re: Lock Capsule

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been any news or release dates on it yet.

Re: Lock Capsule

I don't think that it'll ever be distributed in my opinion, like how arceus was distributed rather that the azure flute. Just seems like a hassle to transfer the lock capsule from another game just to get a TM, when they could make it possible to download the TM itself

Snarl Bulbapedia Article said:
Due to TM95's event-exclusive status, the only current legitimate way of learning Snarl is by breeding an event Zoroark, or a Smeargle which has sketched the move from Zoroark, and compatible female of the Field egg group.

You could always do this until they do release the TM itself.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

It should be easy to find this, but I just can't see it on Bulbapedia.
What moves will a wild Pokémon know? Is it randomly chosen from the moves it learns through leveling up? Is it the last four moves it learns through leveling up?
And the same question for the trainers Pokémon, I know that Gym leaders and Elite Four have Pokémon with specially selected moves, but what about common trainers?

Also, I can find in-battle sprites for trainers, what about the sprites used outside of battles, are they on Bulbapedia?
Thanks for help, all this is about Gen II by the way. (Pokémon Silver in particular :p)

Dr Phil said:
Is it the last four moves it learns through leveling up?

There's your answer.

Okay, I'm stuck in Pokemon Emerald. Currently, I'm in Lilycove City with a lv. 36-37 team. I've already been through Mt. Pyre and I also explored the route south of it. I went to that cave near Lilycove, but Team Aqua grunts are still blocking it.

Another grunt and some Wailmer are also blocking the route next to the cave, so I can't go there either.

I wandered around for a bit, but I still can't figure out what to do here. ._.

Okay, I'm stuck in Pokemon Emerald. Currently, I'm in Lilycove City with a lv. 36-37 team. I've already been through Mt. Pyre and I also explored the route south of it. I went to that cave near Lilycove, but Team Aqua grunts are still blocking it.

Another grunt and some Wailmer are also blocking the route next to the cave, so I can't go there either.

I haven't played Emerald, but this point in the game can't be that much different to R/S. Have you battled your rival in front of the Department Store? ._.

Yeah, I did that too.

Once the Orbs have been stolen from the top of Mt. Pyre, go to Slateport City and see Team Aqua steal the submarine; after that, you can enter the hideout next to Lilycove. You may or may not also have to clear out the Magma Hideout in Mt. Chimney at some point around here.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom