• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

I would try setting up a secondary guest network with WEP keys.

Black city seems to have disappeared

I was working on completing my National Pokedex by evolving Pokemon brought over from my SoulSilver and Platinum games, and I was working my way south through route 14 and went to heal my Pokemon at the Black City Pokemon center, but when I got there, everything else was gone, save 6 non-accessible buildings, the Pokemon center, the Black City signpost, and the 2 exit gates. Not even the marketplace in the center of the city appears anymore. Previously, there were 9 trainers available to battle in the city (Backpacker Emi, Hiker Gene, Pokemon Ranger Ralph, Backpacker Carlos, School Kid Leo, Pokémon Ranger Eliza, Scientist Marie, Nursery Aide Miho, Black Belt Ryder), but now none of them appear. Apart from the 6 NPCs that inhabit every Pokemon Center, only one other backpacker appears in the entire city.

I haven't used any cheating devices, though I have received some suspect Pokemon on the GL and from a used copy of HeartGold I purchased, but they have been in my PC for a while now (about 2 months) and haven't had any adverse reactions until just now

Re: Black city seems to have disappeared

No, that's natural. First of all, the number of people in your city determine the quality/availability of the buildings therein.

As time passes without you interacting with the characters living inside your city, they leave, and the quality of your city decreases. Eventually, you get a practical ghost town. The only way to get back those people who left is to use Entralink and enter into someone else's White Forest, and invite NPCs back to your Black City. Then, the whole process starts over again. To maintain your city's population, you must interact with the NPCs often. Or they'll leave again.

I kind of hate that feature. If you don't get there fast enough, everything is gone. Its like you have to rush there and finish the main part of the game really fast. Then after everything is gone, theres no way to get it back unless you have a friend or another ds so you can use the entralink. I have no friends that play Pokemon and I only have one ds, so mine has to stay a ghost town.

They're supposed to disappear unless you connect entralink with another player and invite the townspeople over to yours.

on sapphire I am getting ready to take on the elite four, and I am not sure whether i should get my team up to level 45 or level 50. any recommendations?
I would recommend level 50. Go even higher if you can though =3.

I kind of hate that feature. If you don't get there fast enough, everything is gone. Its like you have to rush there and finish the main part of the game really fast. Then after everything is gone, theres no way to get it back unless you have a friend or another ds so you can use the entralink. I have no friends that play Pokemon and I only have one ds, so mine has to stay a ghost town.

Also the fact you have to talk to them every day. I cant be bothered doing that...

Also the fact you have to talk to them every day. I cant be bothered doing that...

You have to talk to them everyday too? oh, now that is just ridiculous! What were they thinking when they came up with that I wonder!

If you breed a hacked Pokemon, is the baby Pokemon going to be hacked too?

It would depend on who you talk to. Some people would say thats its legit and fine, but others dont like the fact that one (or both) of its parents are hacks.

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

What are the top five Pokemon that can learn the most level up moves?

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

What are the top five Pokemon that can learn the most level up moves?

I don't know, but I do know that Larvesta learns a new move every ten levels. So does Smeargle.

Most people would consider it hacked as it contains the same genetic makeup as a hacked Pokemon. At the end of the day, it's ultimately your decission on whether you accept it as hacked or not.

I've been wondering about the "Internal Battery has run dry" message on my Sapphire. Does it just affect the growth of berries and timed events like Shoal Cave and Eevee evolutions? Also does it affect PokeNav rematches?

Putting ethics aside, in terms of the hard fact of whether a hack check will pick up on if a Pokémon is hacked because its parents are - no, the hack check will not pick it up.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Is the gender ratio for pokemon the same in the dream world as in the games? or, at least for pokemon with 50/50 gender ratios, are the females rarer because they can pass on the ability? Also how much is one "stage" as in if you use work up it raises both attack stats by one "stage?"

No, In the Dream World, females are rarer than males, even those with in game 50/50 gender ratios, I assume females are rarer because they pass on the ability. Also as for stats raising a "stage", the stat can only be raised 6 stages using those kinds of moves iirc.

Is the gender ratio for pokemon the same in the dream world as in the games? or, at least for pokemon with 50/50 gender ratios, are the females rarer because they can pass on the ability? Also how much is one "stage" as in if you use work up it raises both attack stats by one "stage?"

I believe this will help you understand what is meant when "stage" is mentioned. It's basically a stat multiplier in which each "stage" multiplies a certain amount with the stat affected to determine its new value, whether an increase in power, or decrease in accuracy ect.

on sapphire I am getting ready to take on the elite four, and I am not sure whether i should get my team up to level 45 or level 50. any recommendations?

hmm well in my playthrough on emerald which i know is a little different I think i tryed the first time at level 55 but then got defeated in the end by wallace and I had a pretty good team in my opinion then I brought them all up to level 60 and was able to beat it. My question is can you use a pokedoll to run away from a wombuffet or will shadow tag prevent it

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom