• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

When EV training, if you do wild double battles and only defeat one Pokemon, then run away from the other, do you get the one pokemons EV's or the other pokemons as well?

I assumed only one, but as I've been training I've noticed the EV's get full without any investment into all the stats I want.

Last edited:

When EV training, if you do wild double battles and only defeat one Pokemon, then run away from the other, do you get the one pokemons EV's or the other pokemons as well?

I assumed only one, but as I've been training I've noticed the EV's get full without any investment into all the stats I want.

You only earn EVs for Pokemon that are defeated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I asked this question back in Dec. but never got an answer:

Couple of Questions: When breeding DW Burmy (or any Burmy for that matter), does the cloak of the parent influence what type of cloak a baby Burmy will hatch with?
ie. will Trash Cloak mother Burmy/Wormadam produce only more Trash Cloak Burmy? And if it does, is it only Wormadam who can influence the cloak or can a Burmy mother do the same?

i've heard a few different things on this (like Mothim fathers only hatching default Burmy) and want to make sure before i start taking up box space with these things.

@yourlilemogirl

It should always be Plant Cloak to my knowledge. Burmy can change cloaks after certian battles, but when caught is always plant. Whatever cloak it has when it evolves (at Lv.20) is kept by Wormadam forever.

Last edited:
Curious about BW events

Not sure if this is the right thread or not, if not please move it.

But I was curious the other day, what criteria do the BW games actually use to trigger the Zoroark and Zorua events?

If for example, I used a Celebi from Colloseum, and made it have the fateful encounter tag through Pokesav, and if I caught Suicune in HGSS and again, gave it the fateful encounter tag, also let me stress it wouldn't be shiny, would it still work?

Is the Zorua and Zoroark events the same as Shaymin, where it works on any Pokemon as long as its fateful encounter? Or is there other criteria as well? Most importantly, if you somehow got a Pokemon that met all the criteria but wasnt shiny, would it still work?

Re: Curious about BW events

I believe there was a Celebi event during the HGSS run before BW came out and that Celebi triggered the Zorua event in Castelia City.
As for the Zoroark event, that required one of the Shiny legendary beasts that also came out during that time I believe. I do think the beasts have to be shiny though. You could always just use Pokesav or something to hack the Celebi and beasts. That should still work, I'm sure someone has that done already.

I believe there was a Celebi event during the HGSS run before BW came out and that Celebi triggered the Zorua event in Castelia City.
As for the Zoroark event, that required one of the Shiny legendary beasts that also came out during that time I believe. I do think the beasts have to be shiny though. You could always just use Pokesav or something to hack the Celebi and beasts. That should still work, I'm sure someone has that done already.

Keldeo was asking how the event triggering works, not where to get the Celebi or the beast. And I haven't heard of anyone creating a Celebi or beast that could trigger the event.

Yeah like if you created a blank shaymin lv 1 in a poke ball caught in Kanto, as long as its fateful encounter I think it still works with Gracidea. Wondering if the same is true for the Beasts and Celebi

I was just wondering... Does normalize turn the damage dealt into normal-typed damage? Or, does it just make whatever attack.. let's say flamethrower, normal-typed for consideration of STAB?

What's the best starter pokemon in Black?

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

I'm trying to get to spear pillar, but I can't seem to find exactly where to go in Mt. Coronet to get there. The layout of Mt. Coronet (on the wiki) didn't seem to explain it good enough. Where do I go in Mt. Coronet?
EDIT: And thanks envoy! If it wasn't for you saying that, I wouldn't even have beaten the 5th gym (Right now, I've beaten the first 7 gyms! Hence why I'm trying to get to spear pillar.).

What's the best starter pokemon in Black?
It's all personal opinion, and your stratagy. You can always use Bulbapedia to look up moves and stats to see what would be best for you?

I was just wondering... Does normalize turn the damage dealt into normal-typed damage? Or, does it just make whatever attack.. let's say flamethrower, normal-typed for consideration of STAB?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be STAB if the Pokemon was normal type?
Anyways... Let's find out. *Grabs DS*

Last edited:

I may be late for this, but if you lose the game file you synched with your Global Link account, you can't keep your history, but you can still use the same account. Go to support.pokemon and open a question about it (the data you need to include is in one of the FAQs (I think it's called "my game file got accidentally erased" or something like that). Anyway, you submit that question and somebody in support deletes your GSID so you can use a new one. But, as I said, you basically start from scratch - just using the same account.

I don't mind this just that I can use the same Game Sync ID, Thank you :)

@yourlilemogirl Thanks very much for digging out all this information! I really appreciate that help as it looks like the Edit 2 was just what I wanted to hear! :)

You only earn EVs for Pokemon that are defeated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I asked this question back in Dec. but never got an answer:

Couple of Questions: When breeding DW Burmy (or any Burmy for that matter), does the cloak of the parent influence what type of cloak a baby Burmy will hatch with?
ie. will Trash Cloak mother Burmy/Wormadam produce only more Trash Cloak Burmy? And if it does, is it only Wormadam who can influence the cloak or can a Burmy mother do the same?

i've heard a few different things on this (like Mothim fathers only hatching default Burmy) and want to make sure before i start taking up box space with these things.

I always thought it was based on where it hatched, and I'm pretty certain I read that somewhere too at some point. Outdoors would be Plant, in buildings would be Trash, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be STAB if the Pokemon was normal type?

Yeah, only skitty has normalize legitimately so all learned moves should get STAB but my question is more related to damage output, in that I was wondering if (in the previously listed example I gave) flamethrower would be doing fire damage but get STAB from normalize (and thus be good vs. say an ice pokemon), or if it overwrites the type and damage. The description on bulbapedia doesn't really clarify this.
"In battle: Normalize makes all moves used by the Pokémon with this Ability act as the Normal-type instead of their ordinary typing."

EDIT: Oh I was also wondering: when EV training, if I have the pokémon I'm training in front, but have to switch to a different one to kill whatever I'm fighting, does the one in the lead get the full EVs?

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm trying to get to spear pillar, but I can't seem to find exactly where to go in Mt. Coronet to get there. The layout of Mt. Coronet (on the wiki) didn't seem to explain it good enough. Where do I go in Mt. Coronet?
EDIT: And thanks envoy! If it wasn't for you saying that, I wouldn't even have beaten the 5th gym (Right now, I've beaten the first 7 gyms! Hence why I'm trying to get to spear pillar.).

You need to have Pokemon with Surf,Rock climb and (I'm not sure about these,but have them in case they're required) Strength and Rock smash.
Go to Orebourgh City,then north and after you climb the slope with your bike,go right and enter Mt. Coronet. Once you're inside you'll see some water north,so surf on it and follow the path until you reach a place where you need to Rock Climb. Afterwards just follow the path. You'll know you're close to Pillar once you get outside into a snowstorm. And arm yourself with lots of repels. :)

Oh I was also wondering: when EV training, if I have the pokémon I'm training in front, but have to switch to a different one to kill whatever I'm fighting, does the one in the lead get the full EVs?

Yes, any Pokemon that took place in battle with whatever Pokemon you eventually took down get full EVs.

In Pokémon Ranger 1, what do you have to do to see the Go-Rock Quads play under the Joy Clock Tower one last time?

Yeah, only skitty has normalize legitimately so all learned moves should get STAB but my question is more related to damage output, in that I was wondering if (in the previously listed example I gave) flamethrower would be doing fire damage but get STAB from normalize (and thus be good vs. say an ice pokemon), or if it overwrites the type and damage. The description on bulbapedia doesn't really clarify this.
"In battle: Normalize makes all moves used by the Pokémon with this Ability act as the Normal-type instead of their ordinary typing."

The move will act as if it was a Normal-type move, in whatever way that affects it. It will not hit Ghosts, hit Rock and Steel for not very effective, and hit everything else neutral. Skitty and Delcatty will get STAB from the moves.

That being said, anyone want to check to see if this damage is affected by the Silk Scarf or Normal Jewel?

Awesome, thank you both for the information!

How you can get shiny legendary Pokémon? For example, is Ho-oh in HG always normal or is it possible to catch a shiny one without cheating? What about roaming legendaries Raikou and Entei, can they be shiny too?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom