• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I don't think it's possible to hack beyond the limits of the Pokemon.

It is actually. My friend who used to play Pokemon had Pokesav, and he could type in EV's higher than 255 without a problem, and I think he could do the same for IV's although I'm not certain. But yeah he had Pokemon like with 255 EV's in each stat

I've had that done with an Arceus and the game auto adjusted the stats back to the maximum for the nature boosted stat, mid-range for the neutral, and low range for the nature resisted stat. Thus leaving me to conclude that it's impossible to max out all the stats at one time.

I don't think it's possible to hack beyond the limits of the Pokemon.

It is actually. My friend who used to play Pokemon had Pokesav, and he could type in EV's higher than 255 without a problem, and I think he could do the same for IV's although I'm not certain. But yeah he had Pokemon like with 255 EV's in each stat

I've had that done with an Arceus and the game auto adjusted the stats back to the maximum for the nature boosted stat, mid-range for the neutral, and low range for the nature resisted stat. Thus leaving me to conclude that it's impossible to max out all the stats at one time.

Was it a new game? Maybe Game Freak added that in at some point, my Pokesav friend played Pokemon with me during Diamond and Pearl, and that's when it happened, and at level 100 it did have higher stats IN GAME than Bulba says is possible. But maybe at some point after DP, Game Freak added in that tool that if they go over then they are neutralised?

Was it a new game? Maybe Game Freak added that in at some point, my Pokesav friend played Pokemon with me during Diamond and Pearl, and that's when it happened, and at level 100 it did have higher stats IN GAME than Bulba says is possible. But maybe at some point after DP, Game Freak added in that tool that if they go over then they are neutralised?

I traded for it and my game was Pearl. I don't know what the other game was.

Has everyone somehow forgotten that Thundurus's ability is Prankster? (I'm assuming, naturally, you didn't battle it in therian forme.)

This is an excellent point. Was Thundurus using status moves?

@Anser; Since Gyro Ball's damage calculation is based on both parties current speed when the attack is used, any modifiers such as Agility and Cotton Spore would be taken into account. For Swagger, the attack stages remain raised until the end of battle or another ability changes them.

Next up is the hacked Thundurus. The hack checks for pokemon are done for GTS Battles/Trades. WiFi/IR Trades/Battles don't have the same checks. It is possible to raise EV and Stat Values above the Pokemon's normal values. It would revert to its true stats if leveled or moved from box to party. I don't believe the level adjustment from flat battles reverts the value.

Oh, I get it now. Thank you for that thorough explanation! I guess that's the only way that Thundurus attacked before me. My Starmie's Speed is 358, which is faster than Thundurus's Speed limit.

@muteKi; The Prankster ability only increases the priority of non-damaging moves and @Anser; said it was Thunder and Hammer Punch that kept coming out before him.

Can't get on wifi?!

O.k. so I got wifi the other week. wireless password worked no problem on my PC and Xbox 360 but will NOT work on my DS. :bawl: It asks for a WEP key but all I got with my router was a "wireless password" which I would have assumed was the same thing. Any help?

Re: Can't get on wifi?!

I don't even know what WEP and WPA is...? I know it's wireless since I use the wireless for my Xbox. I even tried pressing the WPS button on the router but that didnt work either.

Nintendo FAQ said:
WEP and WPA are types of security that are used to protect home wireless networks. WEP is the only security setting that works with the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite. WPA and WEP are both compatible with the Nintendo DSi.

You can find the WEP or WPA Key settings for your router under the "Wireless" or "Wireless Security" sections in your router settings on your PC. Security must be set to WEP key not to any other type of security setting in order for you to have access to WEP Key information.

Hope that helps ya. If you need anything else, just mention me. @xanderthevampire;

Well I dunno what the router security setting's set to. All I needed when I activated my router on both my pc and Xbox was the "wireless password" How would I get to router settings? I'm running vista and still getting used to it.

To see your router setting, you need to access it from its gateway ip. Open up command prompt and type "ipconif" to see your gateway ip.

This should probably go in the tech help section of the site as well.

Well I dunno what the router security setting's set to. All I needed when I activated my router on both my pc and Xbox was the "wireless password" How would I get to router settings? I'm running vista and still getting used to it.

I don't know much about Vista, as I have never us- nevermind. -___- Look ^

Found the router settings. It doesn't give me WEP. Only WPA2 so I guess no DS wifi for me. I've only got the original DS and there's no way I'd:- 1. be able to afford a later DS or 2. Buy one even if I could since it'd just be wasting money on a system that plays the exact same games.

Should I import all my D/P/Pt Pokemon to B/W now or wait for B/W2?

Found the router settings. It doesn't give me WEP. Only WPA2 so I guess no DS wifi for me. I've only got the original DS and there's no way I'd:- 1. be able to afford a later DS or 2. Buy one even if I could since it'd just be wasting money on a system that plays the exact same games.

Yup, guess so. Sorry dude. :-/

Look up compatible wifi hotspots on the Nintendo website (Google it). You should find places there. Before I got a compatible router at home, I went to a library in a neighboring town to download my wifi events because I found it on that site.

Should I import all my D/P/Pt Pokemon to B/W now or wait for B/W2?

If you want your Gen IV. Pokémon in BW for whatever reason, then go ahead and transfer them now. However, if you don't want to deal with having to transfer and also trade with B2W2, then you probably would want to wait.

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

I seem to have a problem with the mystery gifts on my black version, for some reason I can't get any of the wifi events I think I might be too late? I thought they would leave them up there for newbies but I guess not? Or maybe cuz I didn't resister GL?

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

I seem to have a problem with the mystery gifts on my black version, for some reason I can't get any of the wifi events I think I might be too late? I thought they would leave them up there for newbies but I guess not? Or maybe cuz I didn't resister GL?

Global Link has nothing to do with this. The only country that a wifi event going on right now is Japan.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom