• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Is GTS Down? (I'm new)

Sorry, I'm new to this forum so sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I've been looking for answers everywhere but couldn't.
Everytime I access the GTS, I get a "Communication error; power off" kind of thing.

It's been like this for a while. Is anybody getting the same problem?

I did use a hack for OFFLINE purposes. Is that the reason?

Last edited:
EV training, all full..?

I have a krookodile that I really want to stay with, but he'll need to up his defense stats. As far as I can tell, they're fairly weak. I want to up his stats but I can't feed him any more iron or anything. He's at his limit for EVs, I'm pretty sure. I read on this semi extensively so help would be appreciated :)

P.S. His stats are
Attack-252
Defense-141
Sp. Atk-122
Sp. Defense-140
Speed-189
[Level 83]

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Vitamins can only give 100 EV points in each stat, and using the limit of vitamins in 3 different stats will max out the total EV count (255 I think) 100+100+55

We don't know what his IVs are, so we can't deduce the EV count from stats at 83. Have you tried PokeCheck? It just quickly displays your EVs and IVs in full on a web browser, and you just need to change your DNS setting to on their GTS.

There should also be a lady in Opelucid in BW1 that will say if you have full EVs or not. If it turns out you have the wrong EVs, you need to find some way to get some EV reducing berries, illegitimate ways or otherwise.

Ok. Yeah in black 2, you call bianca on your xtransceiver or however you spell that, and she tells you if it needs to "work harder" or if its got full EVs. And he does. I'm just not sure which stats I should reduce with berries (or any other method). I don't remember which stats I raised cuz at the time I didn't know anything about EVs, I just knew it said it would raise certain stats.

After seeing your Rival at Lake Acuity, you have to go infiltrate the Team Galactic Headquarters in Veilstone City.

I have a question of my own. In Black 2, I've already beat the Champion and unlocked the Challenge Mode Key. If I re-start the game, will Challenge Mode still be there for me to use in that game?

is there a move that affects both your pokemon and your opponents pokemon non damage wise? like stats boosts or a status?

is there a move that affects both your pokemon and your opponents pokemon non damage wise? like stats boosts or a status?

Do you mean like Psych Up & Snatch? Or something like Mud Sport/Water Sport and Aromatherapy? Gravity?

I mean there's just a lot out there and I'm not too sure exactly what you're lookin for. Here's a list you can rummage through for all the status moves. Just click on the arrows that say Category to make all the Status moves clump together at the top of the column.

After seeing your Rival at Lake Acuity, you have to go infiltrate the Team Galactic Headquarters in Veilstone City.

I have a question of my own. In Black 2, I've already beat the Champion and unlocked the Challenge Mode Key. If I re-start the game, will Challenge Mode still be there for me to use in that game?

as far as i know the key will be gone if u restart the game, u need someone else and exchange keys at the beginning of the game to get early access to challenge mode.

Do you mean like Psych Up & Snatch? Or something like Mud Sport/Water Sport and Aromatherapy? Gravity?

I mean there's just a lot out there and I'm not too sure exactly what you're lookin for. Here's a list you can rummage through for all the status moves. Just click on the arrows that say Category to make all the Status moves clump together at the top of the column.

alright first of, here is why i am looking for the existence of these moves: i am trying to find a systematic way of presenting every move out there. although the mentioned moves above do exactly what i asked for, those will most likely not make it into my first version. i am looking for something that for instance lowers the defense of my opponent and at the same time ups my attack.

Re: Does Generational up-trading work?

After being out of the scene for almost a decade I've decided to get back into both the RPG and TCG sides of Pokemon. My problem is I don't want to play FR/HG just to get all my old Pokemon. Is it possible to trade up through generations? Like, I've traded all my Gen I (Red) Pokemon to Gen II (Gold and some to Crystal)
now, can I buy Ruby and trade them all over to it, then after completing Ruby purchase Diamond and port the whole mess of Pokemon to it and then finally pick up Black and port them all over?
Right now I own a GBP, GBC, GBA and I'm picking up a DS (whichever one supports GBA games) next week. Any suggestions?

No I tried doing that. I found it very disapionting that I could not trade my generation 1 and 2 Pokemon into generation 3 games.

Last edited by a moderator:

About the Isle of Dreams in Dream World. Do the directions that you take (e.g. left/right/straight ahead) change factors like how many Pokemon or items you can encounter? Or would it be totally random? I want to maximise the number of Pokemon I encounter. Sometimes I might find two, sometimes four.

No there is not special pathway in the Isle of Dreams. You can however refuse to swop a pokemon and go back to your home and start a new island . I think you can do this about 10 time before the dream islands go barren. You can also increase your odds of a certain island by class type tucked in.

I do believe that I made the biggest faux pas of my video gaming life. Maybe. It seems like there'd be safeguards in place to prevent this but...???
It looks like i mightve gotten rid of a Pokemon that was holding my XP share. That thing is GONE. I tried searching by moving items within the PC, I tried looking on guys in my party - I have nothing in the daycare & havent for over a week. I have not seen the XP share for about 2 days.

AFAIK there arent any other places that any Pokemon can be hanging around, unless I'm just having some sort of a blonde moment.... this is my first game so cut me some slack lol. (& I'm getting old! lol)
I did release an extra Staravia a few days ago because I honestly had no use for it. Think its possible that the game would not warn me if I had left an XP share on a guy before releasing it to the universe??

Oops! So bent out of shape I forgot to mention that I am playing Pearl.

I do believe that I made the biggest faux pas of my video gaming life. Maybe. It seems like there'd be safeguards in place to prevent this but...???
It looks like i mightve gotten rid of a Pokemon that was holding my XP share. That thing is GONE. I tried searching by moving items within the PC, I tried looking on guys in my party - I have nothing in the daycare & havent for over a week. I have not seen the XP share for about 2 days.

AFAIK there arent any other places that any Pokemon can be hanging around, unless I'm just having some sort of a blonde moment.... this is my first game so cut me some slack lol. (& I'm getting old! lol)
I did release an extra Staravia a few days ago because I honestly had no use for it. Think its possible that the game would not warn me if I had left an XP share on a guy before releasing it to the universe??

Oops! So bent out of shape I forgot to mention that I am playing Pearl.
The game dosent notify you if you release a Pokemon that is holding an item that you're about to lose the item too.

You know what? This might be my opportunity for ultimate revenge.

My son has a game going on Diamond.... and before you think I am the worst mother on earth, let me just give my justification. :D Then judge me. LOL.

As I mentioned in the OP, this is my first time playing any Pokemon game - but its sort of my second. I had to restart the entire game a few weeks back after the following unfortunate incident: I was something like 5 gym badges into Pearl and I actually caught a shiny. Sure, it was a shiny Bidoof, but hey.

Ok so my son (14 years old) went onto MY game and transferred MY Shiny Bidoof to himself on his game and then, in a mad frenzy to cover his tracks, caused something to occur that corrupted my entire file and I had to start the entire game over again.

It sort of worked out well, because although I have not ever seen another shiny (& probably never will lol) I've managed to do in 104 hours what took me about 190 hours on my first go around. So I'm pretty psyched about that! Frickin teenagers.
I'm thinking... I need a new XP Share. He HAS an XP Share... Hmmm....

Yeah, the game doesn't notify you of things like that. Maybe you're thinking of Key Items? They cannot be thrown or lost. But Pokemon can't hold them either.

Questions

-Just to make sure, breeding a Ditto with a DWF will never produce an egg with a Hidden Ability? Do you need a male pokemon to breed with the DWF if you want the Hidden Ability passed down?

-I'm a Pokemon player since Red/Blue came out. But I only just realised that when a Pokemon evolves, it's stats are suddenly raised a few levels without this being shown. e.g. stats jumped up around 10 levels each for Patrat>Watchog evolution. Whereas normal level up stat changes are always displayed. Does this game mechanic have a name? Is there like a specific percentage stats are raised by upon evolution?

Is there a way to turn off the music entirely, but keep the sound on in Pearl/Diamond?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

(For HeartGold)

So, I placed 18 plains objects in the Marshland area, exited the Safari Zone and saved, and then waited for 10 days. Baoba still won't call me about Seviper showing up. What am I doing wrong?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom