• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Does Swarm increase the wild encounter rate by 50% (to 150%, like No Guard), or by 100% (to 200%, like Illuminate and Arena Trap). Or by something else altogether?

I ask this, because Volbeat has both Swarm and Illuminate.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I'm not sure if this is a simple question or not, but do you think I should have preordered?

I'm not sure if this is a simple question or not, but do you think I should have preordered?

I think it depends on your store and your schedule on release day. Does your store sell out quickly? Will you be too busy to pick up your copy a little earlier?

I think it depends on your store and your schedule on release day. Does your store sell out quickly? Will you be too busy to pick up your copy a little earlier?
I won't be busy earlier in the day, and usually there are plenty of copies left in store.

I won't be busy earlier in the day, and usually there are plenty of copies left in store.
Well, even so, this is a highly anticipated game, which is why I pre-ordered juuust in case. But I advise getting to the store as soon as possible. And if they ARE sold out, and you NEED the game on release day, there's always the eShop...

Concerned about pokemon size!

Considering this game has:

Huge 3D World
Character Customization
700+ Pokemon from previous games and the new one to animate for battles and Amii
Eight different gym badges plus the Elite 4.

Does anyone feel that this is a little too good to be true? It just seems too big for a 3DS game and it scares me in some ways.
Maybe there will only be 4 badges, maybe the world wont be very big.
Maybe you can only do Amii with certain Pokemon.
Maybe the character customization will only have a couple different outfits to choose from.

Can anyone enlighten me how this is all possible? I am so excited for this game, and I really don't want to be let down...

Re: Concerned about pokemon size!

It's easier to do this kind of stuff with 3D models compared to sprites. With a 3D model you just manipulate the model to animate a certain way. For clothes, they can all dynamically fit onto the model. With sprites you need to animate and make every little thing. It seems that they're just taking advantage of it. Also the game is only about 1.7 gb, a 3DS cartridge has a maximum of 8 gb if I remember correctly.

I'm hoping this is relatively simple - I've seen people referring to making trades for certain legendaries (such as Mew, for example) that they don't personally have - is there some secret way in GTS to search for pokemon that aren't in your dex as "seen", or does that just mean that they borrowed it to fill their dex, etc.?

I'm hoping this is relatively simple - I've seen people referring to making trades for certain legendaries (such as Mew, for example) that they don't personally have - is there some secret way in GTS to search for pokemon that aren't in your dex as "seen", or does that just mean that they borrowed it to fill their dex, etc.?

Likely it means they traded with someone for the dex entry.

I have a question, I'm planning on getting the Kalos region guide solely to have in in my collection, but given how I have never purchased a guide before, I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me what to expect? Is it like a pokedex with full images of each of the pokemon? or what exactly? Thank you.

I have a question, I'm planning on getting the Kalos region guide solely to have in in my collection, but given how I have never purchased a guide before, I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me what to expect? Is it like a pokedex with full images of each of the pokemon? or what exactly? Thank you.

For sake of comparison, the BW2 guidebook guided you through the story and anything extra in the game (PWT, Pokestar Studios, etc.) At the end included where to catch all of the regional dex Pokemon. The beginning had basic tips: like the type matchups, team building suggestions, info on shinies, and what not.

^ oh I see thanks, but do we get to have full images of each of the new pokemon? Because this is why I most want to own the guide.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Hi, kinda silly to register for something like this, but...

What's the "cleanest" way to go about getting event Pokémon in these now-old generations? Is there a nice guide to glitching or hacking in each Pokémon as close to how they'd be from events as possible? There's got to be a system for this; it's just not worth playing the older games when you know you'll normally never be able to get a particular Pokémon, ever.

Is there a difference between "it has a high critical-hit ratio", and "critical hits land more easily"?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom