• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Hey guys i discovered pomeg glitch few days ago, im trying to make it, but for some reason i cant send the ????? Pokemon, my infected pokemon will just switch with other one, anyone knows how to fix it?

This says that you should send out your Pomeg Pokemon, switch to your normal Pokemon, run, go to the Pokemon Center, deposit the normal Pokemon, and use a Potion on the Pomeg Pokemon to get to 0. Is that what you've been doing?

This says that you should send out your Pomeg Pokemon, switch to your normal Pokemon, run, go to the Pokemon Center, deposit the normal Pokemon, and use a Potion on the Pomeg Pokemon to get to 0. Is that what you've been doing?

Yea and when i go into wild battle again with pomeg pokemon in first place, the game sends other fainted pokemon instead

The games use 3D models, not sprites, so you'd have to find someone who's sprited them and ask if they'd be willing to share. Don't know what you mean by "have skills".

I think he's referring to the images you see in the Alola Pokédex of every Pokémon (which are sprites). In either way, I don't know whether or not the Bulbagarden Archive has it or not but you could try searching there, maybe... Though I'm not sure if this is a necessarily "simple question", haha.

@TechSkylander1518 Someone on an art website called Deviantart posted all of the Pokemon sprites into their gallery. I'm not sure if the staff here would let me post the link. You can also go onto the Pokemon Bulbagarden page, and go to the summery section under the large picture. Click the link to Smogon and it has the sprite of the said Pokemon you're looking at.

Quick question about the PokeTransfer. I know that it transfers Mons from Gen V into the PokeBank, and I know that it also does the same for the Gen I and II VC games, but can it also directly transfer Mons from the Gen IV games to PokeBank? Or do I have to go through the Gen V "mini-game" transfer system first? Thanks in advance.

I am planning to play all the Pokémon games from the scratch starting with Gen I games. (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, etc.) Is it worth all the trouble and time and the efford? I will have to buy FireRed, Emerald original copies and a Gameboy console etc.

Also is it actually necessary to play Gold/Silver or Ruby/Sapphire or Diamond/Pearl while there are third versions of each?

Honestly, that depends on you. What are you wanting out of this experience?

Personally, I would recommend (Red or Blue) > Yellow > (Gold or Silver) > Crystal > (Ruby or Sapphire) > Emerald > (Fire Red or Leaf Green) > (Diamond or Pearl) > Platinum > (Heart Gold or Soul Silver) > (Black or White) > (Black2 or White2) > (X or Y) > (Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire) > (Sun or Moon) > (Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon)

For the extra completeness feeling, when a remake pops up, play the opposite one. For example, if you played Gold, play Soul Silver.

I remember that in Generation V, after finishing Pokémon Black, I had the option to transfer some info from its save to Pokémon Black 2, so some stuff on Black 2 could use information from the first Black (the name of my character in Black, for example). I don't remember how I transferred such information. Pokémon Global Link registration, I guess.

Since Nintendo shut down Generation VI Global Link, I'd like to know if games from Generation VI had that kind of interaction from Gen V among them as well, so I can know what I missed.

A COUPLE ?
in pokemon crystal is it possible for your starter to be female (chickorita maybe) and can you SR until you get one on the 3ds VC version to or wasn't tht in existence in gen 2

I don't remember how I transferred such information. Pokémon Global Link registration, I guess.
I guess that was one way to do it, as you can also do it via wireless communication (presumably between two different systems with the required games).
Since Nintendo shut down Generation VI Global Link, I'd like to know if games from Generation VI had that kind of interaction from Gen V among them as well, so I can know what I missed.
Not that I'm aware of. Plus, it may not even make sense from a lore perspective due to the whole "Pokémon multiverse" handwave that explains why remakes are different to their respective original games - the original Memory Link function was from the original game to a direct sequel, and as of current B2W2 is the only set of games to actually be a direct sequel to their immediate predecessors. In Gen VI, we got a Hoenn remake instead, and as far as I'm aware, Gen VII doesn't have it either due to USUM essentially being an alternate universe remake version of SuMo.

I guess that was one way to do it, as you can also do it via wireless communication (presumably between two different systems with the required games).

Not that I'm aware of. Plus, it may not even make sense from a lore perspective due to the whole "Pokémon multiverse" handwave that explains why remakes are different to their respective original games - the original Memory Link function was from the original game to a direct sequel, and as of current B2W2 is the only set of games to actually be a direct sequel to their immediate predecessors. In Gen VI, we got a Hoenn remake instead, and as far as I'm aware, Gen VII doesn't have it either due to USUM essentially being an alternate universe remake version of SuMo.

screw their hand waving it just a stupid excuse to cover up their cash grabs

but that being said i vaguely remember reading somewhere that gamefreak largely considers the "3rd" version (crystal, yellow, platinum emerald) which are basically enhanced remakes to be the definitive version of that gen/region until the later gen remakes get released which then supersede them to be the definitive version

the only point where this get sticky really is gen 7 although i would be surprised if they did not consider the ultra version to be the definitive version(s) of those

PS (gen 5 each version is definitive version including the sequels in gen 6 it x and y because of no third game)

Thank you so much

Is the Odd Egg still just a 14% chance for shiny like in the original American release, or did we get the 50% Japanese probabilities? I couldn't really find out either way for the VC release, I don't think it was mentioned, or I couldn't find it, so I'm assuming it's unchanged.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom