• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

I think it's unchanged. I don't think they really changed anything in the game other than adding in Celebi and 3DS/Bank capabilities.

I played Crystal about a dozen times when I was a kid and never got a shiny egg. :( Hopefully I'll get more lucky this time around.

I’m soft resetting for mine. 6 or 7 hatches so far and no shiny so it’s definitely 14% and not 50%.

A COUPLE ?
in pokemon crystal is it possible for your starter to be female (chickorita maybe) and can you SR until you get one on the 3ds VC version to or wasn't tht in existence in gen 2
Yes, gender existed in Gen 2, and you can SR for a female starter.

Okay, I'm playing VC Crystal in Japanese right now, and I swear the couple at the Daycare didn't so much as mention the Egg Ticket. Sure enough, the PCC is in Goldenrod, so it appears it would still be required, but it's almost as though they opted to remove the Odd Egg from the Japanese version altogether. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, gender existed in Gen 2, and you can SR for a female starter.

Thanks but sense i couldn't figure out how to SR the VC game i just ended up powering down to the ain menu and keeping turning it on till i got one

but on to my next 4 or 5 ? 's

1. Is Lapras in that cave like in HG/SS

2. while i know the Red Gyarados is available in Lake of Rage i'm wondering if it gender locked or not

3. i'm also wondering whether the extreme speed Dratini from dragon's den is gender locked as well

4. what are the requirement for Suicune and the rest of the dogs

5 whats the requirement for getting Lugia and Ho-oh as well

thanks for the help so far

Can the Celebi in Crystal be shiny? Want to know if I should try reset for one when I (eventually) get there.

1. Is Lapras in that cave like in HG/SS
It is, also with the day-of-the-week restriction.
2. while i know the Red Gyarados is available in Lake of Rage i'm wondering if it gender locked or not

3. i'm also wondering whether the extreme speed Dratini from dragon's den is gender locked as well
To my knowledge, no Pokemon is gender-locked.
4. what are the requirement for Suicune and the rest of the dogs
Suicune is part of the story, you can't miss it. Raikou and Entei are roaming Pokemon after you catch it.
5 whats the requirement for getting Lugia and Ho-oh as well
Ho-Oh, you get an item from a man in the tower where you found Suicune after bringing him all three beasts, and you can go to the top of the tower and find it. Lugia, I forget (the item is given to you in Kanto somewhere, and I didn't get far in Kanto), but I know there are some guides out there that can tell you.
Can the Celebi in Crystal be shiny? Want to know if I should try reset for one when I (eventually) get there.
I think so? AFAIK, legendaries weren't shiny-locked until Gen 5.

It is, also with the day-of-the-week restriction.

To my knowledge, no Pokemon is gender-locked..

Good i hate gender locked pokes (looking at you lucario)

Suicune is part of the story, you can't miss it. Raikou and Entei are roaming Pokemon after you catch it.

i figured that but whats the item

Ho-Oh, you get an item from a man in the tower where you found Suicune after bringing him all three beasts, and you can go to the top of the tower and find it. Lugia, I forget (the item is given to you in Kanto somewhere, and I didn't get far in Kanto), but I know there are some guides out there that can tell you.

damn i was hoping to use it against lance

oh and thanks for the help

What's the best way to trade with myself in Generation 6 without using Pokémon Bank and two systems, in order to make Pokémon evolve by trading? Is that GTS thing of requesting too specific pokémon work? I remember that in previous generations, it took days and sometimes it didn't work...

What's the best way to trade with myself in Generation 6 without using Pokémon Bank and two systems, in order to make Pokémon evolve by trading? Is that GTS thing of requesting too specific pokémon work? I remember that in previous generations, it took days and sometimes it didn't work...
You could try requesting a trade back with another member. There is a trade back thread in the GTS section, unless that’s what you were referring to.

I can personally do it if you’re fine waiting until tomorrow as I’m going to bed soon.

Speaking of the VC Celebi, how do you get it? I thought it was a mystery gift. Is it an in-game event?

If I were to create a new save file in Pokemon Black without deleting my old one (thus rendering it unsaveable), would it be possible to transfer the new file's Pokemon from there to either my good file or another Gen V cartridge without overwriting all my progress on the original file or using hacking devices? Or do I just have to give up on any new Pokemon I find there?

I thought you could still start a new game as long as you didn't save it? That's how it was on my Pokemon Pearl.

Even if it, though, you couldn't transfer them-all trades/transfers require saving beforehand.

My mom told me theres a event tomorrow for Pokemon ultra sun and ultra moon for Dialaga and Palkia. Should I get the code? I'll be able to get Dialga from it?

Just how low are the chances of being challenged by Gladion at the League in USUM? I've soft resetted around 120 times already.

(For the record, I beat Necrozma over a month ago. I also defeated Lusamine at the League and completed the 20 Multi Battle course with Lillie to be extra safe.)

And Dialga wont listen to me. Now I know how Ash felt when Charizard didnt listen to him.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom