• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

I just unthinkingly saved after knocking out a Blacephalon. Is the second encounter my only chance at catching one now?

I just unthinkingly saved after knocking out a Blacephalon. Is the second encounter my only chance at catching one now?
Blacephalons will keep appearing until you catch 2 of them. If you defeat them, they will "flee and hide" and you can find them again in the same place. The "you defeated a legendary now you are screwed" stopped being a thing since Platinum.

Blacephalons will keep appearing until you catch 2 of them. If you defeat them, they will "flee and hide" and you can find them again in the same place. The "you defeated a legendary now you are screwed" stopped being a thing since Platinum.
Yeah I expected so, but with S/M they made it a point to emphasise the UB was lingering and here they didn't, which got me a little worried. Thanks for the answer!

Can a NNID be attached to more than one 3DS? I'm asking because, since my games are digital, I would like to know if I could download them in another 3DS if I bought one (and, thus, trade Pokémon among my own games).

You could try requesting a trade back with another member. There is a trade back thread in the GTS section, unless that’s what you were referring to.

I can personally do it if you’re fine waiting until tomorrow as I’m going to bed soon.

Thank you, but I don't have any Pokémon to evolve at the moment. I just wish to know if it is possible to trade with myself whenever I have them by using GTS. As I said, even if I made specific requests in Gen 4 and 5 GTS, it was hard to find them in my other games, so I couldn't trade.

Can a NNID be attached to more than one 3DS? I'm asking because, since my games are digital, I would like to know if I could download them in another 3DS if I bought one (and, thus, trade Pokémon among my own games).

No, only one NNID is allowed per account and per email (the last one I think is correct), as each is unique. You can transfer it over from one 3DS to the other, but it would then erase the NNID from the previous one. Trust me, I've tried, as I own two 3DS's myself which I use for self trading between cartridges, but I can't download any digital games on the second one (bar updates) because I've already got my one NNID per account in play. So you'd have to make a totally separate account with possibly a totally separate email in order to do any sort of downloadable games between two 3DS. Hope this helps.

No, only one NNID is allowed per account and per email (the last one I think is correct), as each is unique. You can transfer it over from one 3DS to the other, but it would then erase the NNID from the previous one. Trust me, I've tried, as I own two 3DS's myself which I use for self trading between cartridges, but I can't download any digital games on the second one (bar updates) because I've already got my one NNID per account in play. So you'd have to make a totally separate account with possibly a totally separate email in order to do any sort of downloadable games between two 3DS. Hope this helps.

Thank you. For short, to trade with myself using digital games, I'd have to buy not only another 3DS, but buy all the games again, since I need other account, right? Damn Nintendo

Thank you. For short, to trade with myself using digital games, I'd have to buy not only another 3DS, but buy all the games again, since I need other account, right? Damn Nintendo

To put it simply, yes. I wish there was another way, as it would save people a lot of trouble and money, but sadly there isn't. That's Nintendo for you, always wringing out money from loyal fans. That's why I didn't even bother with "registering" my second 3DS after discovering this, and instead just use it as a back-up and self-trade partner, as it's just too much of a hassle and a lot of money wasted.

Got a quick question regarding a certain evolution.

I'm doing a rerun in SoulSilver (I wanted to compare the similarities/differences between Crystal and SS, just out of curiosity, though I've come to see it's basically comparing apples to oranges at this point) and I was debating if evolving a certain Mon now would be better than waiting. The Mon in question is Weepinbell. I've done some research on the wiki and have been wondering if waiting to evolve Weepinbell is a good idea or not. It doesn't learn a lot of good moves until later levels in Gen IV, and by then it might become redundant, as I'm not 100% certain it'll stick around that long as a teammate (though it has been a useful Mon catcher, befitting of its nature). It mostly has been a counter to Silver's Totodile, but the gator will soon get Ice Fang, which will shut the flycatcher down in no time. I've already gotten a Leaf Stone from the Picnicker girl near the daycare so I'm tempted to evolve it now, as the only move I was thinking of waiting for is Razor Leaf, but Victreebel learns the more powerful Leaf Blade and such near the same level, plus has higher stats. And I've stockpiled various TMs and such in other games, so giving it other moves via TMs and such is an easy thing to do. So my question is this: should I evolve Weepinbell now or wait until later? Oh, and before I forget, I'm currently training before heading to Burnt Tower for the first time, so Weepinbell is Lv 23 at this point with the moves Vine Whip/Acid/Sleep Powder/Stun Spore. Thanks in advance.

I'd go ahead and evolve it. You've only got one move in mind to wait for, and you just said that Leaf Blade is already accessible at the same level and is stronger.

Does anyone know if Sheer Force/Life orb boosts stack? For example if I have a Bagon using Dragon Rush, does it get a full 120% boost or just a single 30% one?

They stack. And boy, does my Nidoking wreck house.

From Bulbapedia:
if a Pokémon with Sheer Force holding a Life Orb uses a move boosted by Sheer Force, it will gain the passive damage boost (because it is not activated after the attack) but the Pokémon will not be damaged by the Life Orb.

For example, using my Nidoking against a pretty common Landorus:
No Sheer Force/Life Orb:
252 SpA Nidoking Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Landorus: 356-420 (111.5 - 131.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Sheer Force, No Life Orb:

252 SpA Sheer Force Nidoking Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Landorus: 460-544 (144.2 - 170.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

170.5/131.6=129.55-1.30 which is your 30% increase from the Sheer Force.

Sheer Force with Life Orb:

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Landorus: 598-707 (187.4 - 221.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

221.6/131.6=1.68 which is a 68% damage output increase from Sheer Force alone.

Though also, using Bagon with a Neutral nature, no IVs or EVs, against a Rattata with the same configuration (for simplicity sake):

No Sheer Force/Life Orb:

0 Atk Bagon Dragon Rush vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rattata: 189-223 (58.8 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

Sheer Force, No Life Orb:

0 Atk Sheer Force Bagon Dragon Rush vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rattata: 246-289 (76.6 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

90/69.4=129.68-1.30 which is your 30% increase from the Sheer Force.

Sheer Force with Life Orb:

0 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Bagon Dragon Rush vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rattata: 320-376 (99.6 - 117.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after hail damage

221.6/131.6=1.6858=1.69 which is a 69% damage output increase from Sheer Force alone.

So you can see that the compounded damage sits roughly at a 70% increase from base power. In theory, a 100 BP move compatible with Sheer Force (like Dragon Rush) would pump out damage of 170.

Hopefully I helped.

Hello- I've been breeding a female Snubbull with a shiny Ditto in Pokemon Crystal VC, in the hopes of hatching a shiny. I've hatched around 100-200 eggs by now, and I know that even with greatly increased odds, its still a long process that requires a lot of patience- I just wanted to make sure that the Snubbull mother's stats haven't created a situation in which a shiny baby wouldn't be possible. I saw it mentioned on I think the Shiny Pokemon page on Bulbapedia that if you breed the wrong two parents, there can be a 0% chance in shiny offspring in Gen 2, but I figured that with a shiny parent, that scenario wouldn't occur?

So I guess what I'm asking is: Does anyone know if its possible to breed a shiny parent with a non-shiny parent in Generation 2, and for the breeding to have zero chances of being shiny? I just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time for nothing.

EDIT: Finally got it! I'm still kind of curious if its possible, but I'm glad it wasn't the case for me, haha.

Last edited:
Hello- I've been breeding a female Snubbull with a shiny Ditto in Pokemon Crystal VC, in the hopes of hatching a shiny. I've hatched around 100-200 eggs by now, and I know that even with greatly increased odds, its still a long process that requires a lot of patience- I just wanted to make sure that the Snubbull mother's stats haven't created a situation in which a shiny baby wouldn't be possible. I saw it mentioned on I think the Shiny Pokemon page on Bulbapedia that if you breed the wrong two parents, there can be a 0% chance in shiny offspring in Gen 2, but I figured that with a shiny parent, that scenario wouldn't occur?

So I guess what I'm asking is: Does anyone know if its possible to breed a shiny parent with a non-shiny parent in Generation 2, and for the breeding to have zero chances of being shiny? I just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time for nothing.

EDIT: Finally got it! I'm still kind of curious if its possible, but I'm glad it wasn't the case for me, haha.

The odds for this shiny Pokemon are the magnificent 1/64. That, however, doesn't mean that you're GUARANTEED a shiny every 64 hatches, just that it's much more likely than if you didn't have the shiny Ditto (the odds would be 1/8192).

Now, in Gen 2, the odds of breeding a shiny are most definitely reliant on the DV's passed down from parent to child. Now, in Gen 2, DVs are inherited from the parent of the opposite gender as it is. Meaning a female would inherit the DV's from the male parent. But, when a Ditto is involved, the odds are inherited from the Ditto. HOWEVER, it is only the Defence and Special stat DV's that are inherited. Attack and Speed are random, and HP is...well HP is a giant mess to explain, but it's determined USING the other stats. Honestly though, the HP DV isn't NEEDED for a shiny Pokemon, it's a CONSEQUENCE of the shiny Pokemon.

Now, to be shiny, the Pokemon needs Defence, Special, and Speed DV's of 10, and an attack DV of 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14 or 15.

SO, seeing as your Ditto was shiny, we can assume what the inherited DV's are from the info above. The randomness of the Attack and Speed are likely what causes the hatch to not always be a shiny Pokemon.

TL;DR, from what I know of Gen 2 shiny breeding, I can't assume your Snubble is the reason you haven't hatched one yet. There's a small tool I use here when I shiny breed to see my odds, but it's not something that would aid you immensely.

Is it possible to turn off the motion controls for when riding through ultra space?

Uhhh I cant access reddit. So do you think you can post whats said there here? Just so I can knw how to turn off the motion controls?

Uhhh I cant access reddit. So do you think you can post whats said there here? Just so I can knw how to turn off the motion controls?
Here ya go:
Reddit said:
Go to the Game Freak office (Heahea City, 2nd floor of the building near the Dimensional Research Lab) and talk to the Aether Foundation NPC in the bottom left. They'll give you the option to switch between the Circle Pad or motion control for Ultra Wormhole travel.

What I mean is my chromebook wont allow it. I got it from the school and reddits a blocked site. But Someone did explain how to switch from motion controls though.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom