• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Thanks for answering.I did check all of that before making my OP comment and I took into a count those MD dungeon 'Pokemon( Bittercold, Dark Rust and Dark Matter), while other disputed Pokemon don't match or don't have final shape( TCG creature confirmed to be nothing, original Genesect.. still Genesect, 3 L-Pokemon before Ho-Oh turned them into dogs; those 3 are still dogs trio,if it wasn't for Ho-Oh those 3 small creatures would be still named Raikou,Suicune and Entei just they'd be ordinary Pokemon etc. And anime/manga disputed Pokemon don't count because only games I am counting.About unused Pokemon, those are not in final products,so I don't count them.Reason why I asked is because I checked Synthetic characters, Pokestar Studios opponents and those two sites you mentioned to see if some of them would be Pokemon, but then I went into Pokestar studios characters and saw Old Statue which could be like UB.That's why I wrote my comment thinking if someone knew where else to look for those creatures( only games(spin off,side and core though) who could easily be like Pokemon but are not Pokemon.

this is interesting if a Pokemon has Rock Head ability and learns Curse, what happens if it has the ghost typing? like attached by Trick-or-Trick Pumpkaboo line?
then it doesnt get self demaged from curse?

Curse is a sacrifice but could it be counted as recoil damage?
you reduce hp, rock head should prevent that. Then more interesting combos could be used between more pokemon.

could you imagine a rock/ghost pokemon with rock head and curse? that wouldget hurt by curse effect?
or should it not?

Last edited:
Awesome thought it would be, Curse isn't recoil damage because it's not a percentage of damage dealt. It's a sacrifice up front so I don't think the game would acknowledge it as recoil. If I had more time, I would be willing to test it.

It doesn't remove the HP loss. It's the same if you miss a Hi jump kick or belly drum. So you'll still take the damage at the cost of your Pokémon's hp.

It doesn't remove the HP loss. It's the same if you miss a Hi jump kick or belly drum. So you'll still take the damage at the cost of your Pokémon's hp.

And thats a problem for me personally maybe they could change that in future, then some more strategies could be used in games.
A curse user that wouldn't get that damage would be interesting.
Or if he could even absorb the opoents hp loss and drain it to gain hp from opoents "curse" state.

High Jump Kick is a crash move the definition is on the net on bulbapedia...
but why moves where you self inflict damage to get effect boost need to be treated as crash moves?
recoil is recoi, if you inflict damage to yourself to make the oponet get damage.
They could atleast make less hp loss(half of half is 25%) if the user of Curse/Belly Drum has also Rock Head ability.

You know what I mean? to make more sense.

The difference is semantics. Recoil is the damage you take from a reckless, all-out attack against your opponent. Curse and Belly Drum are a sacrifice to get a desired effect. You can't get something for nothing. Getting a +6 in attack or sucking away 1/4 of your opponents health with no payment is severely overpowered.

Question regarding Hidden Abilities and breeding, that I'm unable to get a clear answer on from Bulbapedia...

Say if I breed a Poison Cure female Roselia with a male Hidden Ability Roselia… is there a chance the offspring will hatch as a H/A Roselia or can Hidden Abilities only be passed down by the female in Gen VII if the two parents are the same species?

Question regarding Hidden Abilities and breeding, that I'm unable to get a clear answer on from Bulbapedia...

Say if I breed a Poison Cure female Roselia with a male Hidden Ability Roselia… is there a chance the offspring will hatch as a H/A Roselia or can Hidden Abilities only be passed down by the female in Gen VII if the two parents are the same species?
Male pokemon can only pass down hidden abilities if you breed them with a ditto. That’s been the case since gen 6.

I have a Japanese language Pokémon Ultra Moon version on a European (or British) cartridge because I decided to play the game in Japanese instead of English. Would I be able to use serial codes for event Pokémon at specific locations of the UK or Japan or both countries using this version of the game?

I have a Japanese language Pokémon Ultra Moon version on a European (or British) cartridge because I decided to play the game in Japanese instead of English. Would I be able to use serial codes for event Pokémon at specific locations of the UK or Japan or both countries using this version of the game?
From what I can tell from from other places and from something similar that I did (played in German language despite the 3DS being from the US and got codes). It depends on the region the 3ds was from not the language you're playing in. So it'll be either UK/PAL if you're 3ds is from the UK or Japan if it's from Japan. The event Pokémon will still be in the language you selected though.

In FireRed and LeafGreen, I recall Erik and Sara in Fuchsia City being lost from each other. I pretty much gave up on reuniting them, but do they really serve any legitimate purpose at all?

It is!! I've heard some people speculating that it might have been a scrapped sidequest, or a joke about someone on the team of that game.

How many slash based moves do we have really? does water shuriken count as one?
if a Slashproof ability would be created should then all fang and claw moves also be added to that list??? How many are there really (japanese + english names)?

the same as above if Ramproof ability would be created?
or a Rush Head ability (head priority moves)?

what will be the next ability similar to Bulletproof?

Imagine rock/fighting; grass/fighting(Chesnaught or its mega) , ghost/fighting, , steel/??? or other type combinations with this?

Ice/??? what dual typing with ice would proffit the most with one of these?

Last edited:

A male can pass down a Hidden Ability with a Ditto, but aside from that, yeah, you need a female. Once you breed a male HA with a female HA, the odds of another HA being hatched goes to about 80% IIRC.

In FireRed and LeafGreen, I recall Erik and Sara in Fuchsia City being lost from each other. I pretty much gave up on reuniting them, but do they really serve any legitimate purpose at all?

I'm on a run of this game, I'll have to check it out.

Hello,

sorry if this is the wrong place. I am from germany but because of some distribution devices I own and because I want to play some games in english anyways to learn the language and especially the Pokémon and some item names in english more I bought two american generation 4 games. One of them is Platinum which I am also playing right now. Especially if I buy NTSC game here in the PAL region I am a bit sceptic about if the game is fake or not, for me it seems like 50% are and most of the time you discover it after taking a closer look onto the label. However this game looks like the original and also feels like it, interactions with other games and so on are no problem.

But one thing which I don't understand happened. During the day (maybe 30 minutes ago) I was able to battle against police officer Danny on the southern section of Route 212. I think I talked to him but that doesn't work with the other police officers and I also didn't fight them. Usually they can only fight you at night, from 8pm to 4am. I am a little bit confused about that since the time on my DS is delayed by one hour, so it is 16:00 there now.

I hope I find andyone here who knows a little bit about that, I also looked through the glitches in Gen 4 or trivia facts. I don't know if that could be an evidence for a fake game because things like this shouln't be possible to happen. :/

But one thing which I don't understand happened. During the day (maybe 30 minutes ago) I was able to battle against police officer Danny on the southern section of Route 212. I think I talked to him but that doesn't work with the other police officers and I also didn't fight them. Usually they can only fight you at night, from 8pm to 4am. I am a little bit confused about that since the time on my DS is delayed by one hour, so it is 16:00 there now.
How long have you been on Route 212? Iirc, you can battle Joggers and Officers during the day by staying in their route after the time window passes. Been a while since I played Gen IV, but I've had a similar thing happen.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom