• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

pokemon black/white 2 question im on a train battling people seemingly going on forever. When is it meant to finish?
You're probably on the Battle Subway. It's a battle facility, it's not actually a story element (unless I'm forgetting a story element of BW2). After each battle you are given the chance to stop, or when you lose, or when you beat like 7 people in a row I think. Either way, you should be able to exit soon. Then just leave the building and go as you please.

any advice to catch Groudon (probably the hardest of all since he just goes to sleep and gets his health all back)
what i've figured myself
legendaries (birds and mewtwo ive got some of them) have pressure which uses up the opponents moves quicker
and some pokemon learn worry seed (stops the opponent from sleeping)
anything else that comes in handy?

any advice to catch Groudon (probably the hardest of all since he just goes to sleep and gets his health all back)
what i've figured myself
legendaries (birds and mewtwo ive got some of them) have pressure which uses up the opponents moves quicker
and some pokemon learn worry seed (stops the opponent from sleeping)
anything else that comes in handy?
Do you have any Pokemon that can learn Wake-Up Slap? Like Rest it has 10 PP, so just use it every time Groudon uses Rest until it runs out of PP. Plus you'll do double damage, it has neutral coverage, and wakes Groudon up (so you can give it a different status condition)

You could use Imprison with a Pokémon who also knows Rest. Imprison stops the target (and the entire opposing team, but that's not important here) from using any move that the user also knows, and doesn't wear off until the user leaves battle. Ralts learns Imprison at level 31 and its evolutions at 33 while the TM for Rest is in Lilycove City.

You could use Imprison with a Pokémon who also knows Rest. Imprison stops the target (and the entire opposing team, but that's not important here) from using any move that the user also knows, and doesn't wear off until the user leaves battle. Ralts learns Imprison at level 31 and its evolutions at 33 while the TM for Rest is in Lilycove City.
Plus the Ralts line can learn Hypnosis, so you can put Groudon to sleep on your own time without it getting to heal.

I have a female Feralligator with ice punch from crystal if I breed it with a male Dratini with dragon dance will the resulting Totodile have both ice punch and dragon dance?

I have a female Feralligator with ice punch from crystal if I breed it with a male Dratini with dragon dance will the resulting Totodile have both ice punch and dragon dance?

Yes, it will. Ever since Gen VI, breeding mechanics have changed. Now both the male and female can pass down any and all compatible moves to the offspring. So combos that were "illegal" in the past (like say Ludicolo with both Razor Leaf and Water Gun in Gen III) are now perfectly possible. So, in short, yes, your baby Totodile will gain both moves as Egg Moves. Hope this helps.

Yes, it will. Ever since Gen VI, breeding mechanics have changed. Now both the male and female can pass down any and all compatible moves to the offspring. So combos that were "illegal" in the past (like say Ludicolo with both Razor Leaf and Water Gun in Gen III) are now perfectly possible. So, in short, yes, your baby Totodile will gain both moves as Egg Moves. Hope this helps.
Great thanks a lot.

how do i get the secret key in platinum for the team galatic base?
It's an event-only items and the promotion for it has ended years ago, so now the only way to obtain it is by hacking. Alternatively, the Japanese wondercard could be shared with up to 5 other players, but I doubt you'll be able to find someone to do that for you (and I'm also not sure if it's only between Japanese copies, or if they can be shared with all copies as long as the original wondercard is Japanese)

how do i get lickitung to learn rollout or tangela learn ancientpower? they weren't available at the move tutor house when i looked at moves to remember

Hello I recently got Pokemon Bank and I got the mystery gift sent to the wrong game (i.e. my copy of Ultra Sun instead of moon). Is there a way to rectify this? It's bugging me cause I got Ultra Sun second-hand and the trainer ID is that of the person I bought from and not my own character.

Hello I recently got Pokemon Bank and I got the mystery gift sent to the wrong game (i.e. my copy of Ultra Sun instead of moon). Is there a way to rectify this? It's bugging me cause I got Ultra Sun second-hand and the trainer ID is that of the person I bought from and not my own character.
Nope, if it's send, it's send

Will they send new ones if I don't collect the mystery gifts on the game it was sent to and reset the game instead?
Nope, that's it. It was sent and registered to the game. Your Bank account now has given it's gift and won't do it again. It doesn't check the game, only if Bank has given it (and yes that's annoying and stupid)

Nope, that's it. It was sent and registered to the game. Your Bank account now has given it's gift and won't do it again. It doesn't check the game, only if Bank has given it (and yes that's annoying and stupid)

Thank you so much! Guess I just have to live with it </3

im having trouble in soulsilver with the pal park thing as it doesnt have the option on the menu "migrate from emerald"
also if its any help, i have my starter in emerald and 6 caught pokemon

im having trouble in soulsilver with the pal park thing as it doesnt have the option on the menu "migrate from emerald"
also if its any help, i have my starter in emerald and 6 caught pokemon
You also have the Dex, right? And I can't find confirmation if it's a requirement, but you might try beating your first Gym. At the least it should firmly get you out of the tutorial stage of the game

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom