• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

That's awesome. Thank you. I'll test it out later today to make sure it does work.

EDIT: Yes, the fortune teller affected the natures of the Pokemon I transferred from Go. I wish I had thought of that possibility the first time I transferred over some Pokemon, but at least that might help me with getting another Pokemon on my team.

Last edited:
What pokemon are the best counters to others in a reverse scenario?

lets say Shedinja is easy bc all fire, ghost, dark, rock, flying are there.

But I noticed that people don't see that Charizard X has got a natural counter in Primarina that if used right can be deadly.

Did you notice similar things? like Mimykyu that can tank a hit from it.

Incineroar is a very good counter to most psychic type or not? especially the steel/psychic ones.

Last edited:
plss help:( i need pinsir.. he's only at the bug catching contest but literally won't be caught urghh
i false swiped him until 1hp was left and threw 4 balls (which he pretty much just burst out of) then my much higher leveled kingler fainted!

best bet is to just keep trying as you will eventually get the catch, otherwise trade someone for it.

Pokemon trading through WiFi used to be free, I read somewhere that now you have to pay Nintendo a monthly fee, is this true??

Pokemon trading through WiFi used to be free, I read somewhere that now you have to pay Nintendo a monthly fee, is this true??

Yep. You have to pay if you want to trade or battle via internet in Let's Go. It's unconfirmed if the same will happen with the 2019 game, but prepare for the worst.

I have a question, can you reset/add their evs? I know you can in past games, but not sure if it applies to lets go pikachu or lets go eevee games.

Does the 'Abra Trick' to get Mew work in Red and Blue? It's supposed to let you get Mew as early as Cerulean. i've only used it in a ROM, so i don't know if it really works in the actual games.

Does the 'Abra Trick' to get Mew work in Red and Blue? It's supposed to let you get Mew as early as Cerulean. i've only used it in a ROM, so i don't know if it really works in the actual games.
Can confirm, it works in the actual games. I pulled it off in my last run of Red on the 3DS.

As you can now swap out Pokemon into and out of the PC box at any time does this function still heal them?

Similarly can you switch Pokemon inbetween the Elite 4 matches, ie fight Agatha with a different team to the one you fought Bruno with?

As you can now swap out Pokemon into and out of the PC box at any time does this function still heal them?

Similarly can you switch Pokemon inbetween the Elite 4 matches, ie fight Agatha with a different team to the one you fought Bruno with?
1. It doesn't heal them anymore.

2. Yes.

Zerry said:
I have a question, can you reset/add their evs? I know you can in past games, but not sure if it applies to lets go pikachu or lets go eevee games.
No, and there isn't much of a point as there is no cap on AVs (the new EVs) and the only way to raise them is via candies. You can, however, reset them to 0 just for online battles.

why was Dusclops and Dusknoir not retyped into ghost/fairy? with their cyclops motive?
those would fit in perfectly.

why was Dusclops and Dusknoir not retyped into ghost/fairy? with their cyclops motive?
those would fit in perfectly.
It's much more likely they're based on certain yokai though. Plus, they're neither cute, or tricksters, or associated with the supernatural that can't be traced by to their ghost typing

I don't think that's how it works. If that was the only motive to re-type Pokémon, Fairy would be way more common than it already is.
It's much more likely they're based on certain yokai though. Plus, they're neither cute, or tricksters, or associated with the supernatural that can't be traced by to their ghost typing
I understand that but could get a nice mega if something in generation 4. Even as a pure ghost type
they really could change Pressure into a better ability. Really could see it get some kind of immunity ability: soundproof, bulletproof or a new proof ability. This ghost line felt a little unfinished and unreliable in comparence to Gengar.

I understand that but could get a nice mega if something in generation 4. Even as a pure ghost type
they really could change Pressure into a better ability. Really could see it get some kind of immunity ability: soundproof, bulletproof or a new proof ability. This ghost line felt a little unfinished and unreliable in comparence to Gengar.
As someone that doesn't play competitive, I hope they don't change Pressure. It may suck in competitive, but in the main game, it's one of the most annoying abilities.

or they could simply give it a second or hidden ability. And sure, a mega could be an option, but GF also clarified they tend to give megas to pokemon who's design they could push further, which already happened with dusclops in the form of dusknoir

or they could simply give it a second or hidden ability. And sure, a mega could be an option, but GF also clarified they tend to give megas to pokemon who's design they could push further, which already happened with dusclops in the form of dusknoir
I think that there is still potential in it like in others.
Like in Frosslas and Slowking.

What are the best HM users for early game in Heart Gold?

I’ve reached the point where I get rock smash and my team currently only had Quilava and Hoothoot.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom