• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

I've got a question regarding the Poke Transporter and Bank. I'm currently mass transporting a living dex out of an old, unused Black version, but it's tiresome to keep moving all the Mons to Box 1 in-game. I'm up to the sinnoh Mons at this point, but I'm wondering if there's an easier way. This is my question: when transporting from Gen V to Bank, do you need to use Box 1 for the transport or will the Poke Transporter lock onto the first box with Mons in it for transport? Thanks in advance.

one things always bugged me on the game (heartgold/soulsilver) when the old man congratulates you or whatever for having the silver wing when you go to get Lugia, there's a couple of items out of reach and a ladder, and ive never seemed to find my way around to get down that ladder for those items so really appreciate if someone knows?

one things always bugged me on the game (heartgold/soulsilver) when the old man congratulates you or whatever for having the silver wing when you go to get Lugia, there's a couple of items out of reach and a ladder, and ive never seemed to find my way around to get down that ladder for those items so really appreciate if someone knows?
Can you show me an screenshot? Because as far as I know you can get anything by going through the other entrances.

My Gengar is faster than my Butterfree. Whenever I encountered Raikou with my Butterfree I'm always able to attempt sleep powder. But when I encountered Raikou with Gengar it always fleed before I was able to use mean look. Does fleeing have increased priority against Pokémon that are traded or something?

My Gengar is faster than my Butterfree. Whenever I encountered Raikou with my Butterfree I'm always able to attempt sleep powder. But when I encountered Raikou with Gengar it always fleed before I was able to use mean look. Does fleeing have increased priority against Pokémon that are traded or something?

No, there are no penalties for such a thing. Only obedience when it comes to traded Mons. In general, speed determines everything, from turn order to fleeing, so the fact that Gengar is faster than Butterfree but is unable to get a Mean Look fired off in time is strange, as Mean Look isn't a reduced priority move, either. Not sure what to say. It might just be really bad luck, as the math doesn't quite add up otherwise.

whats all the fossils as of gen 4? and how to get them? i found one which was omanyte, but then theres also kabuto and of course areodactyl
ive heard there are others too

whats all the fossils as of gen 4? and how to get them? i found one which was omanyte, but then theres also kabuto and of course areodactyl
ive heard there are others too
Here they are:

Helix Fossil (Omanyte): The Underground (DPPt) or smashing rocks in the Ruins of Alph (HGSS).
Dome Fossil (Kabuto): Same as with the Helix Fossil.
Old Amber (Aerodactyl): Same as with the Helix Fossil.
Root Fossil (Lileep): The Underground (DPPt) or smashing rocks in the Cliff Cave (SoulSilver).
Claw Fossil (Anorith): The Underground (DPPt) or smashing rocks in the Cliff Cave (HeartGold).
Skull Fossil (Cranidos): The Underground (Diamond and Platinum*).
Armor Fossil (Shieldon): The Underground (Pearl and Platinum*)

*What fossil you can get in Platinum depends on the last number of your Trainer ID. If it's an odd number you can find Skull Fossils. And if it's an even number you can find Armor Fossils.

I cant get Brock Harrison to trade with mee? he just wants a selfie or whatever and i took 1 with him but even though i have a bonsly next to me he doesnt seem to notice
p.s it is between 5 and 8 in the evening over here i was told it was the right time to ask him:(

i did the rematch on saturday but i thought he would trade pokemon any day. so your saying he only trades when seen on saturday?

Got a quick question regarding something I heard recently. I happened to chance upon a Youtube video that mentioned something called "Swap Breeding". Now, given this is Youtube, I'm a bit leery right off the bat, but it did sound interesting. My question is: is it a real thing, and if so, does it really work? I decided to dabble in it a bit just to test it out with the following tools: Shiny Charm, Masuda Method, and Japanese Ditto. I hatched 60 Magikarp eggs, but got no shiny, so I'm not sure if I'm just having really bad luck or if this "Swap Breeding" is real or not. Is it a confirmed trick in the game, like how Masuda Method was slipped in and discovered during Gen IV, or is it just a load of hogwash? Thanks in advance.

Got a quick question regarding something I heard recently. I happened to chance upon a Youtube video that mentioned something called "Swap Breeding". Now, given this is Youtube, I'm a bit leery right off the bat, but it did sound interesting. My question is: is it a real thing, and if so, does it really work? I decided to dabble in it a bit just to test it out with the following tools: Shiny Charm, Masuda Method, and Japanese Ditto. I hatched 60 Magikarp eggs, but got no shiny, so I'm not sure if I'm just having really bad luck or if this "Swap Breeding" is real or not. Is it a confirmed trick in the game, like how Masuda Method was slipped in and discovered during Gen IV, or is it just a load of hogwash? Thanks in advance.
Luck/Randomness is still involved, this method just helps you find the outcome of your preset pattern. So you could still have to hatch 500 eggs to find a shiny (or whatever your desired pokemon is), it just helps you to do this faster. As far as I'm aware this has not been patched either.

Okay, I know how that when you get a call from Professor Elm to come back to New Bark Town, and you get a Master Ball when you meet up with him. Of course the Master Ball is meant for the Legendary, but I caught Ho-Oh with an Ultra Ball instead, as I'm saving the Master Ball for a shiny Trapinch.

Is it possible for Legendaries to be caught with a different ball, just that it'll take time for said Legendary to stay in?

personally i saved the given master ball for latios/lugia
of course, if i won extras in the lottery id use them for raikou and entei

just now, i healed my pokemon and the lady at the pokemart commented that my pokemon were infected with something which makes them grow exceptionally well. Has anyone else been told this in the games?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom