• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

What pokemon can't beat Shedinja and it's ability?
Is there a list of those pokemon per generation?

What pokemon can't beat Shedinja and it's ability?
Is there a list of those pokemon per generation?

What an odd question. I mean, practically almost every Pokémon can one way or form, but let's test the waters. You never know! I'll go off of Gen VII for everyone.

One of the easiest way to beat Shedinja is status, notably the TM almost everyone gets: (TM06) Toxic

Let's see how the Pokémon that can't access this TM can defeat it:
  • Wobbuffet/Wynaut - None of its moves can affect Shedinja, that is nodding to Counter and Mirror Coat. So I guess if you can get a hard read, you can Destiny Bond the Shedinja.
  • Kricketot - learns no super-effective moves against Shedinja nor status or residual damage moves!
  • Burmy - Learns Hidden Power. Just get one that's super effective against Shedinja.
  • Tynamo - Same as Kricketot. Electric doesn't bypass wonder guard.
  • Spewpa - Gets Poison Powder to poison Shedinja.
  • Magearna - Learns Hidden Power and Shadow Ball via TM
  • Unown - Hidden Power
So, the only 2 Pokémon it seems that cannot defeat Shedinja and Wonder Guard is Kricketot and Tynamo.

What an odd question. I mean, practically almost every Pokémon can one way or form, but let's test the waters. You never know! I'll go off of Gen VII for everyone.

One of the easiest way to beat Shedinja is status, notably the TM almost everyone gets: (TM06) Toxic

Let's see how the Pokémon that can't access this TM can defeat it:
  • Wobbuffet/Wynaut - None of its moves can affect Shedinja, that is nodding to Counter and Mirror Coat. So I guess if you can get a hard read, you can Destiny Bond the Shedinja.
  • Kricketot - learns no super-effective moves against Shedinja nor status or residual damage moves!
  • Burmy - Learns Hidden Power. Just get one that's super effective against Shedinja.
  • Tynamo - Same as Kricketot. Electric doesn't bypass wonder guard.
  • Spewpa - Gets Poison Powder to poison Shedinja.
  • Magearna - Learns Hidden Power and Shadow Ball via TM
  • Unown - Hidden Power
So, the only 2 Pokémon it seems that cannot defeat Shedinja and Wonder Guard is Kricketot and Tynamo.

I red somewhere that Venusaur and some hard hitters have problems taking it out too.
Hmmm Toxic You say? weather casters too wont have a problem.
Makes me wonder why it got only one Hp actually?

It's the shed exoskeleton of a cicada. A carcass would not have much (or any, tbh) HP.
I know. 1 HP 1 life motive but in game play it's problematic but with fairy terrain you can avoid toxic at least.
I would give it 3 HP.

Ahoy all pokers!
I has a big question for you. I'm ofc into old school games, why buy new when the old rubbish is still working? =)
I have a DSi with Poke Platinum. But, Nintendo has ofc killed the Wifi Servers, and there be no cable options.
So my question is, what are my options if I want to trade with someone 'IRL' locally? Does it somehow work through (local) Wifi? I tried googling for the answer endlessly but there are so many threads and posts and questions regarding every nuance between poke games and handhelds, I get lost.
I read somewhere that upgrading to 3DS was one option, but would it help? if yes, how/why?
Also, somewhere else I read that its possible to transfer, in-game, one's Pokes from Platinum to Black/White (supposedly in the "Poké Transfer Lab"(?)) . That's one thing at least, but does it help anything if I want to trade with Black/White? Cause I've got White, so I could apply it, but I haven't played it yet so not sure if the feature exists.
My available hardware currently consists of one DSi handheld, Poke Platinum, Soulsilver and White, in the hopes it has some bearing xD

Thanks every and all for the help ) DSi ftw ^^

So my question is, what are my options if I want to trade with someone 'IRL' locally? Does it somehow work through (local) Wifi? I tried googling for the answer endlessly but there are so many threads and posts and questions regarding every nuance between poke games and handhelds, I get lost.
I read somewhere that upgrading to 3DS was one option, but would it help? if yes, how/why?
Think of it as being more similar to the GB/GBA's link cable. Two people have to be nearby to interact through local wireless. Btw, the DS and 3DS can interact with each other.

Also, somewhere else I read that its possible to transfer, in-game, one's Pokes from Platinum to Black/White (supposedly in the "Poké Transfer Lab"(?)) . That's one thing at least, but does it help anything if I want to trade with Black/White? Cause I've got White, so I could apply it, but I haven't played it yet so not sure if the feature exists.
My available hardware currently consists of one DSi handheld, Poke Platinum, Soulsilver and White, in the hopes it has some bearing xD

Thanks every and all for the help ) DSi ftw ^^
You'd need either a 3DS or a second DS to use Poke Transfer. Trades are one-way, meaning anything you send to White can't be sent back.

Think of it as being more similar to the GB/GBA's link cable. Two people have to be nearby to interact through local wireless. Btw, the DS and 3DS can interact with each other.

You'd need either a 3DS or a second DS to use Poke Transfer. Trades are one-way, meaning anything you send to White can't be sent back.

ok ok, so, there is a way to get local wifi going between 2 DSi's, that's what I wasn't sure about :) so trade is still possible between two DSi's, perfect, thanks!! :) i was afraid the shutting down of the Nintendo Wifi Service and there being no cable would have rendered it obsolete.

Ahoy ! Game : Poke Platinum
Whats the move or item one can use to counter the effect of "Endure"? I came across it at some point if I remember correctly, but discarded it and now can't remember what it was.

cheers! ))

Well you writing that as a question kind goes against the whole Q&A thing x)

There is something that does help against it, I know because I came across it a week ago, but I wasnt paying attention and I just discarded whatever had happened, Im guessing a move that wanted to be taught and I kept pressing B just to get out of combat. But I dont remember what it was, unless I was dreaming, but there has to be something. Almost every single mechanic in the game has a counter, even pokes are 'made' to counter previous imbalances AND
there's that daily competition in the Mansion where you have to get through 5 attacking maids with Clefairies in a certain number of moves (requiring many one-hit KO's), one made almost impossible by their constant spamming of Endure, hence, by simple logic there has to be something that ignores the "save 1hp" rule and damages further. Its something, its either a move or an item or some magical property, but I know I wasn't dreaming!

There is something that does help against it, I know because I came across it a week ago, but I wasnt paying attention and I just discarded whatever had happened, Im guessing a move that wanted to be taught and I kept pressing B just to get out of combat. But I dont remember what it was, unless I was dreaming, but there has to be something. Almost every single mechanic in the game has a counter, even pokes are 'made' to counter previous imbalances AND
there's that daily competition in the Mansion where you have to get through 5 attacking maids with Clefairies in a certain number of moves (requiring many one-hit KO's), one made almost impossible by their constant spamming of Endure, hence, by simple logic there has to be something that ignores the "save 1hp" rule and damages further. Its something, its either a move or an item or some magical property, but I know I wasn't dreaming!
The only thing that comes to my mind is poison, burn, curse and leech seed, which are statuses and they activate at the end of the turn, so they don't trigger Endure. Aside from this, there's no move that counters Endure.

I'm pretty sure the intended balance for Endure is that the chance for Endure to succeed goes down over time, like with Protect.

What and how many pokemon know the most psychic and ghost type moves?

This is the millionth time I am playing a Hoenn game and millionth time I am stuck at the exactly same place.

Alpha Sapphire - After reaching Lilycove City, I am trying to bust in Team Aqua's HQ but the grunts are guarding the entrance. When I check this article, it suggests me to go to Slateport first to find Captain Stern wrapping up a TV interview in front of a small crowd. But he is not there.
Did you go to Mt Pyre already?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom