• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Aww, man! Lucky!
Anyway (assuming I won't catch Pokerus), the main problem with the pokemon league I had was that the fourth elite four, being a psychic-type user, was that I didn't have any Dark or Bug type Pokemon. Since (for whatever reason) I don't like using bug types, I'm going to get a Dark type. Which is better (at level 55), Sneasel, or Honchkrow?

Honchkrow. Sneasel is too fragile and won't last very long.

I can evolve from Marill to Azumarill after level 18?

So, I want to catch a Marill but I want to it evolve to Azul,
buuuut, in Platinum, in the route 215 (where I am now) the Marill's already level 20-22,
and the level that Marill evolves is 18! Have any chance to make it evolve? ;-)

Re: I can evolve from Marill to Azumarill after level 18?

So, I want to catch a Marill but I want to it evolve to Azul,
buuuut, in Platinum, in the route 215 (where I am now) the Marill's already level 20-22,
and the level that Marill evolves is 18! Have any chance to make it evolve? ;-)

If it exceeds that level (18) it will still evolve... If this was the question.. Also wrong section... Goes in Sticky Simple question / Answer

Even if your Pokemon missed the level it evolved at, it can still evolve any time it levels up. (Unless your Pokemon is level 100 - at which point it can't grow any more levels.) So yes, you can.

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Aww, man! Lucky!
Anyway (assuming I won't catch Pokerus), the main problem with the pokemon league I had was that the fourth elite four, being a psychic-type user, was that I didn't have any Dark or Bug type Pokemon. Since (for whatever reason) I don't like using bug types, I'm going to get a Dark type. Which is better (at level 55), Sneasel, or Honchkrow?

Sneasel is a gamble because Alakazam has focus blast one hit sneasel is dead... I rather get a ghost type or spiritomb.

it will evolve still just don't hit B! ^_^

So Smogon says that Torkoal with Shell Armor+Yawn is illegal, but that confuses me greatly, since I always thought "illegal" in that sense means "is not technically possible through breeding", like a Lotad with Water Gun and Razor Leaf is illegal, because a Lotad cannot legitimately have both. But you should in theory be able to breed Yawn onto a female with Shell Armor and get Yawn+Shell Armor, because Yawn is an egg move and breeding mechanics say yes-you-can!

So do they mean illegal as in "not possible" or "banned from competitive play"? Because if the moveset is "banned", that's not illegal...that's just banned!

I'm very confused.

So Smogon says that Torkoal with Shell Armor+Yawn is illegal, but that confuses me greatly, since I always thought "illegal" in that sense means "is not technically possible through breeding", like a Lotad with Water Gun and Razor Leaf is illegal, because a Lotad cannot legitimately have both. But you should in theory be able to breed Yawn onto a female with Shell Armor and get Yawn+Shell Armor, because Yawn is an egg move and breeding mechanics say yes-you-can!

So do they mean illegal as in "not possible" or "banned from competitive play"? Because if the moveset is "banned", that's not illegal...that's just banned!

I'm very confused.

It seems to be an error, with Yawn written instead of Earth Power. The analysis also says Earth Power is illegal with Shell Armor, which is true because it's a Gen IV move tutor move. Yawn, as you say, seems perfectly legal.

Though Smogon's terminology may be confusing at times to us mere mortals, "banned" or "on the banlist" would be used to mean "banned from competitive play", not "illegal".

I'm very confused.

It seems to be an error, with Yawn written instead of Earth Power. The analysis also says Earth Power is illegal with Shell Armor, which is true because it's a Gen IV move tutor move. Yawn, as you say, seems perfectly legal.

Though Smogon's terminology may be confusing at times to us mere mortals, "banned" or "on the banlist" would be used to mean "banned from competitive play", not "illegal".
If that's the case, they /might/ have meant Stealth Rock instead of Shell Armor, since Stealth Rock is not an egg move this gen and therefore you cannot have it on a Torkoal that knows Yawn /or/ EP, and still have Shell Armor (though you can certainly have all three on someone from gen 4). Yeaaaaah, I don't expect mistakes like that from Smogon, regardless if which word is being used wrongly, because one of them is, whether it's illegal, Shell Armor, or Yawn. And if they happen to be right on all accounts, explaining /why/ it is so would be lovely.

That's what I hoped for, but the severe confusion of this case made me think they really worked too backwards from the rest of any relatable gaming community.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

The D/W Victini game... what is it? It says in the news that you play a victini game and get the C-Gear Skin..

Last edited:
Hackers Game?

I bought a used copy of Black from Game Stop today so I could do some trading with my White. Now when I started up the Black I looked at the previous owners Pokemon and items out curiosity and I was surprised to say the least. The previous owner has a level 100 Genesect, an Arceus with a Japanese OT and nickname and a Gift Ribbon01. In addtion there is a shiny Deoxys which was caught on Route 5 and a long list of items, the quantity of almost all of them go into the 900s. To be honest I'm tempted to trade over some of the rarer Pokemon to White but I'm alittle afraid since I don't know how these potentially hack Pokemon will effect my game. Any advice on what I should do?

Re: Hackers Game?

I bought a used copy of Black from Game Stop today so I could do some trading with my White. Now when I started up the Black I looked at the previous owners Pokemon and items out curiosity and I was surprised to say the least. The previous owner has a level 100 Genesect, an Arceus with a Japanese OT and nickname and a Gift Ribbon01. In addtion there is a shiny Deoxys which was caught on Route 5 and a long list of items, the quantity of almost all of them go into the 900s. To be honest I'm tempted to trade over some of the rarer Pokemon to White but I'm alittle afraid since I don't know how these potentially hack Pokemon will effect my game. Any advice on what I should do?

Hacked pokemon have no effect. Just ban on wifi battles and Pokemon World Championship battles (VGC)

Re: Hackers Game?

Thanks for the response PrimalDialgaPrime. I wasn't planning on using them in wifi battles so I guess I lucked up here.

Odd Glitch in SoulSilver?

Okay, so I'd beaten SoulSilver quite a few times when I owned a DS lite (which I sold for scrap because the hinge was breaking), and when I began playing it on my new 3DS, I noticed something really strange had happened.

I'd already beaten Blue of course and obtained his phone number. But when I went to check it on my 3DS, it was gone! Just vanished?

Has anyone else ever had a problem like this? I want to re-battle him to help train my team some more, but I don't think there's a legit way to do it without cheats.

Re: Odd Glitch in SoulSilver?

you did save your game after getting his phone number, right? If not, just find him and re-add it. If not, I don't know how to help.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom