• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Are action replay pokemon worse at battling then legit? Curious because that's all my friend uses and he acts like he's the best.
Is it a good idea to use Power Bands and stuff on your Pokemon while leveling? And it's ok to pump your pokemon full of vitimins right? Also, are Rare candies a no-no? Thank you in advance! <3

Are action replay pokemon worse at battling then legit? Curious because that's all my friend uses and he acts like he's the best.
Is it a good idea to use Power Bands and stuff on your Pokemon while leveling? And it's ok to pump your pokemon full of vitimins right? Also, are Rare candies a no-no? Thank you in advance! <3

I used action replay to get pokemon at level 1 so I could raise them all I want. I guess whatever you do, it depends on the situation and what you are aiming at. You can use Rare Candies if you want fast level ups but remember that the pokemons stats won't change. Power Bands and Vitamins are good to use, but refrain from using Rare Candies if you want your pokemon to be powerful.

I used action replay to get pokemon at level 1 so I could raise them all I want. I guess whatever you do, it depends on the situation and what you are aiming at. You can use Rare Candies if you want fast level ups but remember that the pokemons stats won't change. Power Bands and Vitamins are good to use, but refrain from using Rare Candies if you want your pokemon to be powerful.

So level goes up, but kinda doesn't matter becuase stats don't?

Also is there a list of ban pokemon/move in wifi battle? And if you have a Hacked Pokemon and you breed it, does the baby considered a hacked pokemon?

Yeah.

Also is there a list of ban pokemon/move in wifi battle? And if you have a Hacked Pokemon and you breed it, does the baby considered a hacked pokemon?

I think the baby is okay. As for the ban list, it depends on the type of battles. Or your opponent. Or any tournament. Some say legendaries are banned, but not all legendaries are banned. As long as you don't bring in a directly cheated pokemon, I think you're going to be okay.
Oh, and I think Wobbuffet is among one of the banned pokemon because of the moves it learns.

Rare candies aren't a bad thing at all. As long as you get your full EVs, they'll be equally powerful. Vitamins are good for saving time but not essential. I advise you look up EV training if you're interested in training powerful pokemon.

How do you catch pokemon in the 3D games?

how do you get more pokemon in Colosseum, XD, and Battle Revolution

Re: How do you catch pokemon in the 3D games?

Are you asking for personal preferences on how one chooses to catch a pokemon or are you asking for help?
i just wanna know how do you obtain pokemon in these games, do you catch them in fields like the main series or do you buy them?

Are you asking for personal preferences on how one chooses to catch a pokemon or are you asking for help?
i just wanna know how do you obtain pokemon in these games, do you catch them in fields like the main series or do you buy them?

In Colo./XD you snag them from other trainers during battles, and in PBR you don't catch pokemon, you bring in your own preset teams from D/P games. And in XD you can catch a very limited selection of wild pokemon at Poke Spots.

Also, next time you have a question like this, please post it in the Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread in The Lost Tower sub-forum since it is pertaining to a pre-gen 5 era of games. A Mod should move this thread to the appropriate thread.

Rare candies aren't a bad thing at all. As long as you get your full EVs, they'll be equally powerful. Vitamins are good for saving time but not essential. I advise you look up EV training if you're interested in training powerful pokemon.

Ok thanks, that's what I read.

Ok, I'm trying to get a Scraggy w/ Drain Punch. My question is... If I want this move, the male needs to be a mienfoo or mienshao, right? I can't use a male scraggy/scrafty which has learned it through breeding and expect it to transfer down unless that shows up in the breeding transfers list on the respective page, right? ( Scraggy (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia )

Yes, the male has to be the one with the moves, since the offspring takes the female's form. As for your second question, I do not think I understand it. But based on how I perceive your question, this is how it should work:

M Mienfoo + F Scrafty = M Scrafty (with DP)
M Scrafty + F [Breeding partner] = [Breeding partner] (with DP) This is assuming that the breeding partner is able to learn Drain Punch as an egg move.

Ok, I'm trying to get a Scraggy w/ Drain Punch. My question is... If I want this move, the male needs to be a mienfoo or mienshao, right? I can't use a male scraggy/scrafty which has learned it through breeding and expect it to transfer down unless that shows up in the breeding transfers list on the respective page, right? ( Scraggy (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia )

OR you could just do this since it is in the Ground Egg Group:

Male Smeargle (that has sketched Drain Punch) + Female Scraggy/Scrafty = Scraggy w/Drain Punch.

M Scrafty + F [Breeding partner] = [Breeding partner] (with DP) This is assuming that the breeding partner is able to learn Drain Punch as an egg move.
Yes, this is what I was asking :D Thanks for the quick responses, this forum is awesome!

Ah, I see. Glad to see I understood your question and was able to help.

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Is it possible to breed Night Slash and Twineedle onto a Sniper Spinarak? I wish that there was an updated version of Seedot's moveset calculator available, but there isn't...

Is it possible to breed Night Slash and Twineedle onto a Sniper Spinarak? I wish that there was an updated version of Seedot's moveset calculator available, but there isn't...

I think you can get both moves onto Skorupi can't you? And just breed that with a female sniper spinarak?

Just to clarify, Platinum also works with Battle Revolution. Don't know if HG/SS do, though.

I think you can get both moves onto Skorupi can't you? And just breed that with a female sniper spinarak?

Skorupi (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

According to this, Skorupi can only get twinneedle from beedrill or that knight thing (i dont know genV english names), neither of which seem to learn night slash. Does this mean I'm out of luck?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom