• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I may sound stupid, but I want to clarify some important stuff.

I heard that Steel-types are immune to poison, but a friend told me that they CAN be poisoned one way or another. How?? By the ability Poison Point? Spore? By holding Poison-orbs? By getting Synchronized with the poisoned opponenet?? By Toxic Spikes? HOW???

Joke answer: Predict Toxic coming from a steel-type pokemon, and switch in a ditto/mew/smeargle to get it poisoned. Your pokemon uses Transform, then you can get a poisoned steel-type.

Serious answer: Unless you change the pokemon's type (e.g. Soak), a steel-type can't be poisoned. Back in G/S/C, Twinneedle could poison steel-types, but they removed that in later games. My Alolomola runs Soak and Toxic, for example.

HG/SS Trainer Card

On the HG/SS Trainer Card top screen the Gym Leaders are separated into two regional sections with a symbol on each section. I was wondering: do these symbols represent each region since they're there's one on each section or do they represent each version since one is gray and the other is orange?

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

In Pokémon Ranger 1, is there any other legendaries you can battle besides the legendary beasts (obviously), the weather trio, Deoxys, Mew and Celebi?
Just want to know whether or not I can battle the Regi trio or whatever.

woo hoo! Just got black on monday! I've already beaten the first 5 gyms! And in case anyone saw my previous post about which one was the best starter...My friend traded me the remaining starters (I chose Oshawott, so he gave me Tepig and Snivy), so now I have them all! But anyway, I was going to have my zebstrika to be my main electric type, but then I found out that tynamo evolves twice, whereas Blitzle only evolves once. So I've decided that I'll go with tynamo and evolve him all the way. Think this is a good idea?

But anyway, I was going to have my zebstrika to be my main electric type, but then I found out that tynamo evolves twice, whereas Blitzle only evolves once. So I've decided that I'll go with tynamo and evolve him all the way. Think this is a good idea?

It's all down to personal preferences. Check out their info on Bulbapedia to make an informed decision (I always check before deciding lol)

Zebstrika page
Eelektross page

woo hoo! Just got black on monday! I've already beaten the first 5 gyms! And in case anyone saw my previous post about which one was the best starter...My friend traded me the remaining starters (I chose Oshawott, so he gave me Tepig and Snivy), so now I have them all! But anyway, I was going to have my zebstrika to be my main electric type, but then I found out that tynamo evolves twice, whereas Blitzle only evolves once. So I've decided that I'll go with tynamo and evolve him all the way. Think this is a good idea?

(if you don't want to read all this: I'd go for Tynamo personally, if you can get past the moves it has before evolution.)
It depends on how you want to use it. Tynamo has four moves, which aren't quite the best in my opinion - Tackle, Thunder Wave, Spark, and Charge Beam. It doesn't learn any other moves until it evolves at level 39, which could become a bit of a problem. When it evolves, it gets a bit more variety of moves (level-up wise, it gets some Poison moves, and a Dark-type move), and if you have the Thunderstone on you the moment it evolves into the second evolution (which I wouldn't recommend. I'd recommend getting it some more moves because the third evolution is similar to Tynamo in a way - small level-up moveset), then...yeah.
It all depends on what you're going for. If you're going for a faster Pokemon, I'd say Zebstrika. If you want no-weaknesses (but needing to level it up quite a bit before actually being able to get much use from it {Tynamo}, of course), then I'd say Tynamo/Eelektross.

Attack-wise...
regular Attack (bases for both):
Zeb: 100
Eel: 115

Special Attack (same as above):
Zeb: 80
Eel: 105

...So, yeah, if you can get past the level-up problem, I'd say Eel if you want more so attack/special attack (if you care about stats).

Edit: ...Well then. I didn't even notice the new post... I guess it was below the quick post... Sorry about that. xD}

Edit 2:

Other base stats:

HP:
Zeb: 75
Eel: 85
(not much of a real difference.)

Defense:

Zeb: 63
Eel: 80

Special defense:
Zeb: 63
Eel: 80

Should be all the stats.

As for the moves...

Eel: It gets some good powerful moves, like Thunder (120 power), but at the same time it only has 70% accuracy so that could be a problem. Thunderbolt has 100% accuracy and 95 power, so... I'd personally go with thunder. Of course, Eelektross also has Discharge which can be good (80 power, 100% accuracy. This one you'd need to do the move relearner for; one Heart Scale, Misralation city) as well. (Zebstrika also gets Discharge; level 36. Eel has it as a base move.)

Zeb: It has some good non-electric moves, like Thrash (120 power like Thunder, but it can't switch out or use moves other than Thrash until the phase of it is done), and for the most part the same TMs as Eel. Only difference I can think of really would be Wild Charge, which has
90 power, 100% accuracy, and is learned at level 47. And Zeb can also learn Charge; which Eel can't learn (it doubles the damage done by Electric moves if it's the next move used, and it also raises the user's special defense by one stage...until the end of the turn which if Zebstrika goes second wouldn't serve much purpose, but it's worth pointing out.)

That should be all. Sorry if I forgot anything. xD For all the moves go to the links above posted.

After this, I'd personally go for Zebstrika move-wise. But again, if you want no weaknesses, I'd say Eel. (But really, there aren't many ground types at all that are actual boss fights, if I recall. But for Pokemon such as Seismitoad {Water/Ground so it can't be hit by Electric, but it has a 4X grass type weakness if you have a Grass type on your team}, you'd need to make sure either one has moves other than Electric types).

This I forgot to put in my post before the edits, but I recommend Zap Cannon. Even if it only has 50% accuracy, it has 120 power; and paralyzes the opponent if it hasn't changed since Gen II.

Last edited:

o.o
Please compare the rest of the stats and moves (and which one you like more - design counts for me) before deciding!

Are some pokemon more common in the DW than others? For example, I'm always coming across Magnemite and Rhyhorn in Rugged Mountain; Spoink and Misdreavus in the Manor, and Doduo in the Forest. I really want a Chimecho (with Hyper Voice) and a Torkoal, but I can't seem to find them and I go on daily >.<

Are some pokemon more common in the DW than others? For example, I'm always coming across Magnemite and Rhyhorn in Rugged Mountain; Spoink and Misdreavus in the Manor, and Doduo in the Forest. I really want a Chimecho (with Hyper Voice) and a Torkoal, but I can't seem to find them and I go on daily >.<

I used to think so, but the list of "common" 'mons you have are entirely different from what I find on my own DW trips. So I'm guessing youre just unlucky?

Concerning Rarity in the DW you can use this as a guide. I assume that the more DP you need, the less likely they are to show up as well.

I used to think so, but the list of "common" 'mons you have are entirely different from what I find on my own DW trips. So I'm guessing youre just unlucky?

I guess so. :/ It's rather annoying, since there's only a couple of pokemon I want. ._.

Concerning Rarity in the DW you can use this as a guide. I assume that the more DP you need, the less likely they are to show up as well.

Thanks for that, but that only lists which pokemon are available after unlocking x amount of points, which I already knew. :( What I'm asking is more relatable to an in-game situation, where you go to a route and pokemon are all available to be encountered, but some have higher/lower encounter rates than others.

So I was just wondering whether the pokemon in the DW have higher/lower encounter rates than others, or something to that extent. :/

Thanks for that, but that only lists which pokemon are available after unlocking x amount of points, which I already knew. :( What I'm asking is more relatable to an in-game situation, where you go to a route and pokemon are all available to be encountered, but some have higher/lower encounter rates than others.

So I was just wondering whether the pokemon in the DW have higher/lower encounter rates than others, or something to that extent. :/

I'm going to say yes, but now you've got me itching to do some statistics. Time to get a statistically insignificant sample size and draw erroneous conclusions from it!

I'm having the same problem. I only have three Pokemon left to get in the DW (Miltank, Corphish, Slugma), and I'm having an incredibly difficult time even finding them. And I've encountered them in the past, too. I think its all just randomized, and there's really no way of calculating encounter rates.

From what I remember reading last year that bluesun or miar might have said was that what is encountered may draw from a "seed", not unlike that of the games, where what you find depends on time/day/date on which you enter the DW. Though those are long since blurred murmurs that I can't find a way to prove.

Ok. I saw that you can get like about 150,000 Experiance if you beat a Trainer owned Blissey at Level 100, with a Level 1 Pokemon from a different Contry holding a Lucky Egg.
How much Experiance would you get if you did the same thing as above, except it's a Wild Blissey.

I might have done something wrong, but I actually got 151,684 experience. But I didn't count Exp. Power Ups.

With a Power Up Max, it should be double, that is 303,368 experience, if I calculated that correctly. The max according to the Trivia is actually 457,970. Unless I misunderstood your question?

@Vhazhiphor

Oh yeah. I forgot. Whatever. Thank you though! Really appresiate it sence I have AR and codes to make this come true!
Just needed to know how much I would get if I did.

I'm guessing there's no proven answer to this, but here's another question about the Dream World...

What governs the encounter rate for females? It's known that they're rarer than males, and the encounter rate for them has been estimated at 1 in 4, though in my experience it's closer to 1 in 8. But what I'm really curious about is whether the encounter rate varies by species, as it does for regular Pokemon. Would a female Igglybuff be easier to find than a female Aerodactyl, or do all Dream World Pokemon (with the exception of mono-gender species) have the same gender ratio?

I'm guessing there's no proven answer to this, but here's another question about the Dream World...

What governs the encounter rate for females? It's known that they're rarer than males, and the encounter rate for them has been estimated at 1 in 4, though in my experience it's closer to 1 in 8. But what I'm really curious about is whether the encounter rate varies by species, as it does for regular Pokemon. Would a female Igglybuff be easier to find than a female Aerodactyl, or do all Dream World Pokemon (with the exception of mono-gender species) have the same gender ratio?

As of right now, the data suggests that it is 1/4 regardless of species. However, I don't have 100 or more for one Pokemon so it is hard to tell. More DATA!!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom