• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Ugh. I don't got the resources yet to test this out myself. Sucks not knowing for sure :p

I was going send my Battle Video to the Battle Video place in the game, and a error message came up. Heres what it said:

"There appears to be a problem in the Pokemon in the Battle Video."

I couldn't post my Battle Video. Whats wrong?

From what i've read, it could mean one/some of the pokemon were hacked, but i've been in battles with some obviously hacked 'mons so i'm not sure :/

I was going send my Battle Video to the Battle Video place in the game, and a error message came up. Heres what it said:

"There appears to be a problem in the Pokemon in the Battle Video."

I couldn't post my Battle Video. Whats wrong?

From what i've read, it could mean one/some of the pokemon were hacked, but i've been in battles with some obviously hacked 'mons so i'm not sure :/

Huh. Weird. Thank you though.

When you breed two pokemon, is the pokemon inside the egg always whatever the female pokemon is? sorry I am being so vague.

Ugh. I don't got the resources yet to test this out myself. Sucks not knowing for sure :p

Both Pokemon will get both 1 Atk. and 1 Sp.Atk EV. Basically if they get experience,they get the EVs as well (if they are lv.100 they only gain EVs,but that's obvious.)

If Pokemon are Level 100 and you battle with them, there stats can't get any higher even though you don't have all the EVs on that Pokemon, right?

@Shiny Shinx; You just EV train how you normally would. Pokemon don't need to level up to gain stats from EV's this generation.

@Tigerex;: EV training is used to make a certain stat better, depending on what you want the Pokemon to be used for, if you need a Pokemon with good attack power, you want the attack stat to be as high as possible, so you EV train in attack and it increases that stat and makes it higher than it would normally be if you didnt EV train.

How do you put a picture below your user name?

Go here http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/usercp.php and then click Edit Avatar - which is lower down on the left-hand side.

Also, this thread is for simple questions regarding the pokemon games, so don't ask general questions relating to the forum here, please.

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Okay, I just got Platinum today (FINALLY!), and want to remake my first Pearl team (Infernape, Staraptor, Garchomp, Hippowdon, Haunter/Gengar, and Leafeon), and decided to go for a Gengar from the Old Chateau.

I stick in my Emerald, hoping to do the Dongle Method. But then, I read something really, REALLY bad from Bulbapedia!: it cannot be done until Pal Park opens! I'm nowhere near that point! Am I reading this wrong? or is that just for D/P?

Also, can someone give me specific instructions on how to actually do the Dongle Method correctly?

*sigh* Maybe I should just catch a Gastly?

Last edited:

Okay, I just got Platinum today (FINALLY!), and want to remake my first Pearl team (Infernape, Staraptor, Garchomp, Hippowdon, Haunter/Gengar, and Leafeon), and decided to go for a Gengar from the Old Chateau.

I stick in my Emerald, hoping to do the Dongle Method. But then, I read something really, REALLY bad from Bulbapedia!: it cannot be done until Pal Park opens! I'm nowhere near that point! Am I reading this wrong? or is that just for D/P?

Also, can someone give me specific instructions on how to actually do the Dongle Method correctly?

I haven't played Platinum personally, but I'd imagine the restriction on finding Gengar in D/P holds true in Pt. I'd say just catch a Gastly. If you have someone trustworthy to trade with, you can double-trade for Gengar once it evolves into Haunter. If not, Haunter is still useful.

Yeah, I think I will. My Pearl!Phantom was raised by an egg that hatched as a Gastly anyway.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom