• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

You should go with #2. By the way what happens if you change your user name?

How do you get Shaymin in pokemon pearl?

You need an event exclusive item, the Oak's Letter key item, to get it. The last time that was distributed was in 2009, so there's no way of getting on outside of trading on Wi-fi at this point.

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

ok, so here is the IV calculator question again:

about IVs...I dont understand why certain calculators say 'OK' if 31 is the intended value. an example i have had is a Ditto (naughty) that resulted in a Sp.Def value of "0" but that was "OK"?!?! how is this possible? I dont understand the part that reads +Lv and +EPs. And I dont understand why there is a spread if IVs dont change. Can someone please clear this jumbled mess up in my brain?!?

so I am using Serebaii which is here: Serebii.net Games - Individual Value Calculator

Here is my example...I caught a Ditto lvl 52 with a NAUGHTY nature that has not been used, thus 0 EVs to worry about. Its stats are:
HP 117 Atk 68 Def 63 Sp.Atk 66 Sp.Def 48 Speed 63
When I punch all these deets in the calculator it comes out as what I read to be IVs of:
HP 10 Atk 14 Def 16 Sp.Atk 22 Sp.Def 0 Speed 16
As far as I know, I want to see 31's across the board...but on this particular calculator it says the '0' in Sp.Def is 'OK'
underneath this info is the '+Lv', +'EPs' and 'Spread' parts which I dont understand...
If someone could explain where I have gone wrong or what I am not quite understanding properly, that would be MUCHLY appreciated!!!
Apologies if I havnt kept this "SIMPLE!"

ok, so here is the IV calculator question again:

about IVs...I dont understand why certain calculators say 'OK' if 31 is the intended value. an example i have had is a Ditto (naughty) that resulted in a Sp.Def value of "0" but that was "OK"?!?! how is this possible? I dont understand the part that reads +Lv and +EPs. And I dont understand why there is a spread if IVs dont change. Can someone please clear this jumbled mess up in my brain?!?

so I am using Serebaii which is here: Serebii.net Games - Individual Value Calculator

Here is my example...I caught a Ditto lvl 52 with a NAUGHTY nature that has not been used, thus 0 EVs to worry about. Its stats are:
HP 117 Atk 68 Def 63 Sp.Atk 66 Sp.Def 48 Speed 63
When I punch all these deets in the calculator it comes out as what I read to be IVs of:
HP 10 Atk 14 Def 16 Sp.Atk 22 Sp.Def 0 Speed 16
As far as I know, I want to see 31's across the board...but on this particular calculator it says the '0' in Sp.Def is 'OK'
underneath this info is the '+Lv', +'EPs' and 'Spread' parts which I dont understand...
If someone could explain where I have gone wrong or what I am not quite understanding properly, that would be MUCHLY appreciated!!!
Apologies if I havnt kept this "SIMPLE!"

It would help if you listed the characteristic, hidden power type, and the pokemon's best IV judged with its potential type.

This is quoted from below the calculator:
Single mode: The higher your Pokémon's level, the more accurate the results. If you want to calculate a low level one, then input the optional information and additional row data by leveling-up, evolving it or changing forme. The +Lv. and +EPs indicators, tell you how many apitional levels or Effort Points (same level) respectively are required to refine the resulting IV spread.
The Judge guy is located in the Battle Tower's lobby, near the PC, and can tell you the potential of your Pokémon and the stat with the highest IV. Talk to him multiple times to find out if there's a tie in the highest IV.
You can practically get 100% accurate results at level 20, using just a few Rare Candies; save beforehand if you'd like to keep them of course.

The "OK!" I imagine is telling you that that is the determined IV based on the info you told it. The +Lvs/+EPs is the levels and Experience points recommended for the Pokemon to be for the calc to better narrow the range of possible IV values.

How long does a Tyranitar's sandstorm last after it faints/leaves the battle? Does it become just a normal sandstorm or does it last for the rest of the battle?

I'm pretty sure that Abilities that summon weather will last permanently unless something else summons its own weather.

I'm pretty sure that Abilities that summon weather will last permanently unless something else summons its own weather.

Or when something with Cloud Nine or Air Lock switches in.

I believe Cloud Nine/Air Lock only removes weather effects while the Pokemon (ie: Golduck, Rayquaza) is in battle.

oh ok, so summoned-by-an-ability-weather lasts for the rest of the battle when the summoner faints/leaves battle, UNLESS, Air Lock/Cloud 9 comes into play. K'thnx guys.

@yourlilemogirl; Err, that's not what I meant.

-Air Lock/Cloud Nine only remove weather effects when the Pokemon with said ability is in battle. If they faint or are switched out, weather goes back to normal.
-Using Sunny Day, Rain Dance, etc will remove the weather effect.
-Same with weather starting abilities.

I have a question about Black City/White Forest. I understand that the number of residents and the growth is dependent upon how long it took you to complete the game, but I don't understand how. Say for example, if it took you a long time to complete the game (my White took me over a year because I was distracted with other games) does that mean you have the maximum number of residents? Or do you have none?

I also know that you shouldn't mess with your DS's internal clock/date system because that messes with the growth of either Black City or White Forest. I accidentally did that to my Black game and had too much on it to transfer off so I got White in order to bring more people in. This time around, I didn't touch my DS clock. I even left it an hour behind due to Daylight Savings. But when I got to White Forest, there's no one there. Just the mayor's house and two people. I'm not even sure if those two people count because they don't say much other than it's peaceful living in White Forest. I don't understand what went wrong. Why don't I have anyone in my White Forest?

Thanks for anyone clearing this up. I hope I made my issue clear enough. :p

P.S. If anyone can tell me how to get people in my White Forest, I don't mind transferring them to my Black temporarily and starting over since I don't have many Pokemon that I want to keep.

I have a question about Black City/White Forest. I understand that the number of residents and the growth is dependent upon how long it took you to complete the game, but I don't understand how. Say for example, if it took you a long time to complete the game (my White took me over a year because I was distracted with other games) does that mean you have the maximum number of residents? Or do you have none?

I also know that you shouldn't mess with your DS's internal clock/date system because that messes with the growth of either Black City or White Forest. I accidentally did that to my Black game and had too much on it to transfer off so I got White in order to bring more people in. This time around, I didn't touch my DS clock. I even left it an hour behind due to Daylight Savings. But when I got to White Forest, there's no one there. Just the mayor's house and two people. I'm not even sure if those two people count because they don't say much other than it's peaceful living in White Forest. I don't understand what went wrong. Why don't I have anyone in my White Forest?

Thanks for anyone clearing this up. I hope I made my issue clear enough. :p

P.S. If anyone can tell me how to get people in my White Forest, I don't mind transferring them to my Black temporarily and starting over since I don't have many Pokemon that I want to keep.

The longer it takes for you to complete the game, the less people inhabit Black City/White Forest. Meaning, the sooner you reach either location, the more inhabitants there will be. Via Entralink, you can visit the location exclusive to the version opposite your own and kidnap invite characters into the location in your game to increase the occupancy. Hope this helped. :)

Black City - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

White Forest - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

So, I'd like to try finishing Emerald (which I started a long time ago but put down for awhile because I got more interested in other games), but I'm stuck. I'm at Sootopolis City, but the gym is closed. What do I do next? I simply can't figure it out. I remember someone telling me something about going after the Weather Trio awhile back, but I can't remember what that was exactly.

which ranger games can you get a manaphy egg from, or is it just the original pokemon ranger game?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom