• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Arrrg, I have a question about the Global Link.
So, today is my birthday, so I was going to go on the Global Link so I could get a Togekiss. However, I seem to have forgotten my Username. When I click the "Forgot your username?" button, It asks for my screen name, which I of course, forgot too. Is there any way to figure out your screen name if you have forgotten it?

Do you remember your email used for the screen name? It should be able to send it to your email if you have it.

Other than that, I'm not sure of any other ways. Sorry.

Yes, I have the email that I used, but before it can send the info I need, it asks for my screen name.

So, today is my birthday, so I was going to go on the Global Link so I could get a Togekiss. However, I seem to have forgotten my Username. When I click the "Forgot your username?" button, It asks for my screen name, which I of course, forgot too. Is there any way to figure out your screen name if you have forgotten it?

Do you remember your email used for the screen name? It should be able to send it to your email if you have it.

Yes, I have the email that I used, but before it can send the info I need, it asks for my screen name.

I meant for the main account (Pokemon Trainer Club). It should work to get your screen name back, if I am correct.

If that doesn't work, here's the contact form.

I meant for the main account (Pokemon Trainer Club). It should work to get your screen name back, if I am correct.

If that doesn't work, here's the contact form.

For some strange reason, they have found multiple accounts linked to my email, so they asked for my birthday, player ID, and screen name so they can be sure on which one. I really find this weird cause i have only made one account on pokemon's offiial site. Oh well, I'm sure I'll remember it someday... Thanks for helping me out though

For some strange reason, they have found multiple accounts linked to my email, so they asked for my birthday, player ID, and screen name so they can be sure on which one. I really find this weird cause i have only made one account on pokemon's offiial site. Oh well, I'm sure I'll remember it someday... Thanks for helping me out though

"someday..." o.o aren't you going to tell them the info requested so you'll find your account?...

In any case, you wouldn't happen to have saved your cookies would you? I find that if you double click on the username box a drop-down menu will appear with a list of names you've entered into that type of thing before. And of course there's also resorting to simply typing every single letter in there once to see if a name drops down. But of course, i'm thinking you prolly already tried that.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

My own lvl 1 UT Regigigas knows Dizzy Punch/Knock Off/Confuse Ray/Foresight if that helps you understand.

If that is the order in which the moves were when it was caught, then yes, that helps very much.

Thank you.

@ Rick Perry No, at the time I couldn't give them the information because I didn't know my screen name

Okay thanks everyone for helping, I finally got my username and can log onto my account now
Now I have another problem X_x Today is just not my day.
So now I'm trying to Game Sync, and my Wifi connection is fine, and I tested it in the WFC settings before i started the game, so then I connect, then it tells me to wait a moment....

Then I get a notice saying:

"Communication Error.

Disconnecting from
Nintendo Wifi Connection."

Then I get another notice saying:

"Communication error..."

And the second notice won't go away until I press the A button, then it asks me if I want to retry connecting. I've been trying for the past 20 minutes, but the same crap keeps happening over and over.
Does anyone know that's wrong? >.<

@ Rick Perry No, at the time I couldn't give them the information becuase I didn't know my screen name

Okay thanks everyone for helping, I finally got my username and can log onto my account now
Now I have another problem X_x Today is just not my day.
So now I'm trying to Game Sync, and my Wifi connection is fine, and I tested it in the WFC settings before i started the game, so then I connect, then it tells me to wait a moment....

Then I get a notice saying:

"Communication Error.

Disconnecting from
Nintendo Wifi Connection."

Then I get another notice saying:

"Communication error..."

And the second notice won't go away until I press the A button, then it asks me if I want to retry connecting. I've been trying for the past 20 minutes, but the same crap keeps happening over and over.
Does anyone know that's wrong? >.<

What communication error code did you get (if any)? The only thing I can think of without an error code would mess something up.

I don't know if this is the problem, but try some other games. Your WiFi for your DS might be acting up and you might not know it.

Once you get the code, I'd recommend putting it in here. That should answer your question if all else fails.

What communication error code did you get (if any)? The only thing I can think of without an error code would mess something up.

I don't know if this is the problem, but try some other games. Your WiFi for your DS might be acting up and you might not know it.

Once you get the code, I'd recommend putting it in here. That should answer your question if all else fails.

But that's my problem. It doesn't give me any Error code. If there was one, believe me, I would have posted it

But that's my problem. It doesn't give me any Error code. If there was one, believe me, I would have posted it

are your DNS settings correct? If you were hooked up to any sort of Fake GTS and forgot to change the settings back, that can cause that problem.

are your DNS settings correct? If you were hooked up to any sort of Fake GTS and forgot to change the settings back, that can cause that problem.

Actually, yes, I did change the settings a while back to get a giveaway pokemon, but if I try to reset the numbers back to 0's, it says that the settings anre invalid. Should I just disconnect from my wifi and retype in the password for it and stuff?

Actually, yes, I did change the settings a while back to get a giveaway pokemon, but if I try to reset the numbers back to 0's, it says that the settings are invalid. Should I just disconnect from my wifi and retype in the password for it and stuff?

Do you have "Auto-obtain DNS" enabled?

Actually, yes, I did change the settings a while back to get a giveaway pokemon, but if I try to reset the numbers back to 0's, it says that the settings are invalid. Should I just disconnect from my wifi and retype in the password for it and stuff?

No, I don't.

No, I don't.

Then that's your problem. Just enable Auto-obtain DNS. You can't manually enter in a bunch of 0s for the DNS because it's reading it as an invalid DNS.

Hi, all.
I'm trying to hatch a shiny Rufflet using the Masuda Method. Naturally, the other 'parent' is a Ditto. The Braviary is Japanese, and the Ditto was caught in my copy of Platinum, but I've literally logged 45+ hours hatching eggs from these two, and even though I prolly haven't hatched 1400, it sure feels like it. (Oh, how I miss my PokeRadar...)
There aren't any flukes about using a Ditto when it comes to International Marriage, is there?

No, I don't.

Then that's your problem. Just enable Auto-obtain DNS. You can't manually enter in a bunch of 0s for the DNS because it's reading it as an invalid DNS.

Thank you SO much! It works now

No, as long as both Pokemon are from different language games, it should work.
Okay, that's a relief, anyway.
What about Everstones and Power-Items? I heard that their respective functions are disabled when using Masuda Method.

Woo-Hoo! ShinyCelebi, you've made my day. Thanx much.
Oh, wait, I guess I'm going back to hatching now. Drat.

EDIT: Okay, sorry about a second question so fast, but does anyone know why everyone on the stupid GTS wants Lv 9 or under Zekrom / Reshiram (or other such things) when they don't exist??

Last edited by a moderator:

Woo-Hoo! ShinyCelebi, you've made my day. Thanx much.
Oh, wait, I guess I'm going back to hatching now. Drat.

EDIT: Okay, sorry about a second question so fast, but does anyone know why everyone on the stupid GTS wants Lv 9 or under Zekrom / Reshiram (or other such things) when they don't exist??

Either abuse for GTS cloning, or they just feel like being hackers. Also, please don't double/triple post. If you have things to add and are the latest post in a thread, utilize the Edit button located below your post.

~Thanks

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom