• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Ok,so I go looking for dittos and I see a raquaza niknamed ditto!Can someone explain this?

Its a glitch in the GTS. If a Pokemon is nicknamed the species of another Pokemon it will appear under that species in the GTS. I have seen this myself.

Err. if one has the Victini event item in their Mystery Gift, without yet collecting the item from the mart, could he start the game over and still have it?

Err. if one has the Victini event item in their Mystery Gift, without yet collecting the item from the mart, could he start the game over and still have it?

I don't think so. He could still get the item from the man at mart, but if you restart the whole game (i.e. delete the old), I'm pretty sure he'll be gone.

The guy will be gone from the mart if you restart the game.

Bah, stupid. Is there any way to get the event item legitly other than the even, which already ended then?

Bah, stupid. Is there any way to get the event item legitly other than the even, which already ended then?

Nah, I don't think so. Of course, you could trade the victini off the cart, restart the game, trade it back, and you'd still have a legit victini

I know that Heal Block prevents Pokemon from receiving HP from Aqua Ring. But are those Pokemon still allowed to use the move Aqua Ring?

I know that Heal Block prevents Pokemon from receiving HP from Aqua Ring. But are those Pokemon still allowed to use the move Aqua Ring?

Yeah, it just won't have any effect.

Yeah, I know. It's just that then the completed game won't have access to the area and it's essentially "uncompleted".

I'm not too sure wether I actually have him at the mart, I only got the Wonder Card back then... no idea if it makes a difference, but I doubt that. Well, thanks anyways.

Where is a tv where you can see shows about you after becoming champion?

really but I tried so it is just random. they are not tuned to seperate channels???

really but I tried so it is just random. they are not tuned to seperate channels???

No, they aren't. The tv show is randomly selected or there is a lineup every day. I forget which.

It's latter cause my bro got the shows about him a million times in a row. Thanks :)

If there was somewhere else I should have put this, then tell me and I will apologize.

I'm in a bit of a slump with the latest generation. I've beaten the elite four in both versions, and now just can't be bothered to pick up either of them for the after game. I used to spend hours EV training my favourite Pokemon, and then raising them up throughout the region, before finally setting them loose in the pokemon league and battle tower/frontier. But I just don't feel interested in it the postgame, for some reason. Contests were a second option for me, as they required as much tactics and training as the battle tower did, but they've been cut from the game.

Should I:
a) Breed for the perfect versions of my black and white teams?
b) Breed my old favourites from generation IV, and then transport those over?
c) Do some serious levelling on my current teams, so that they don't look pathetic compared with the elite four's levels in rematches?
d) Hunt for legendary Pokemon? (Believe it or not, I've already captured the roamers)
e) Give up until the next game?

If there was somewhere else I should have put this, then tell me and I will apologize.

I'm in a bit of a slump with the latest generation. I've beaten the elite four in both versions, and now just can't be bothered to pick up either of them for the after game. I used to spend hours EV training my favourite Pokemon, and then raising them up throughout the region, before finally setting them loose in the pokemon league and battle tower/frontier. But I just don't feel interested in it the postgame, for some reason. Contests were a second option for me, as they required as much tactics and training as the battle tower did, but they've been cut from the game.

Should I:
c) Do some serious levelling on my current teams, so that they don't look pathetic compared with the elite four's levels in rematches?
d) Hunt for legendary Pokemon? (Believe it or not, I've already captured the roamers)

i vote C and D cuz that's what i did when i got utterly bored. But there are quite a few odds and ends you can play with after-game, though there's just so much that i couldn't even fathom listing them all here right now lol

Can someone explain this quirky phenomena?

I was breeding my recently hatched female Zorua with a male Vulpix for Zorua's knowing Extrasensory & Dark Pulse. Now, the mother Zorua has a Lonely Nature & is Often Lost in Thought, the father Vulpix has a Naive nature & is Strong Willed. This is where it gets quirky, I bred 10 Zorua with these parents, & 5 of them were Strong Willed; they inherited the father Vulpix's highest IV. Neither parents where holding any items. & in case it actually means something, the father Vulpix was generated by an AR on Diamond version cuz I was too lazy to catch a legit one. Can anyone explain this? or was it just dumb luck?

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

I have a question on a bit of trivia mentioned on Fiery Path's bulbapedia page.

it states:
bulbapedia~Fiery Path said:
Although Fiery Path consists of only one map, it has 2 different locations within the PokéNav. Each one of the locations are accesed by entering the cave by either north or south of Route 112. Also, all wild Pokémon available have different probability of appearing depending on which entrance is used.

Now, this seems to have been claimed true for quite a while, but why, i ask, aren't the different probability percentages listed?

Whenever you're breeding, at most three IV's can be passed down between both the parents (the other three are random). They don't have to be holding a power item for this to happen, either, as those items just force a specific IV to he be passed.

Your Vulpix just passed on its highest IV five times, that's all.

Should I:

do you have wifi access? if so then build some teams to challenge the random wifi users - that's the best feature of B/W imo

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom