• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Is there a place in my White version where I can "see" Tornadus to add it to my pokedex?

Re: Random Matchup Error

for some reason when i try to do the random matchup on my White it says there is a problem with your pokemon and they can not participate i think it's my excadrill cuz i tried to trade him on the GTS and it said this pokemon could not be offered (13267) i dont know why it's doing this my excadrill is legal i hatched him from an egg all his moves were either learned or from a TM can any one please help me?!?

Do you have a legendary in your party? I once forgot to switch my Pokemon before connecting and had a Reshiram in my team and it forbid me to connect because of it.

Can one pal park pokemon from a BOOTLEG 3rd gen game?

1. Does Lilipup's Pickup always turn into Sand Rush? I just leveled mine and it lost its Pickup every time. If so,
2. Is editing Lilipup's ability into Intimidate (the other ability it can have) illegal? Like, will it stop being legit? I hate Sand Rush, but grinding in this game is weak, man

Can one pal park pokemon from a BOOTLEG 3rd gen game?
no - in fact that's the best way to spot a fake G3 game

1. Does Lilipup's Pickup always turn into Sand Rush? I just leveled mine and it lost its Pickup every time. If so,
2. Is editing Lilipup's ability into Intimidate (the other ability it can have) illegal? Like, will it stop being legit? I hate Sand Rush, but grinding in this game is weak, man
yes & yes

fwiw - sand rush is awesome on a sandstorm team (just saying)

You mean it lost it's ability after evolution? You can't change it's ability any legit way but you can keep it if you prevent it from evolving.

You mean it lost it's ability after evolution? You can't change it's ability any legit way but you can keep it if you prevent it from evolving.
Yeah. I read of others Pickups turning into Sand Rush, but I was hoping I could at least randomize into Intimidate after reading some Pokemon can have the choice of either ability. Not happening, haha.

@siburke Weather effects drive me crazy. All that "It's still raining! It's still raining! It's still raining!" Bah. I try to avoid anything to do with that if possible.

Thanks guys.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

OK, so I found a copy of Ruby today, and, gaving seen the misfortunes of others on this thread, I checked to see if it was a bootleg. Now, according to this guide, it's a bootleg: it has the ESRB "E" logo, and there's an internal battery. However, it has the Nintendo thing inside the case above the whatever-it-is, and when I put it in a DS to test it, it said nothing about the save file being OK or deleted.

So my question is, based on what I've described, is it a legit or bootlegged copy of Ruby?

OK, so I found a copy of Ruby today, and, gaving seen the misfortunes of others on this thread, I checked to see if it was a bootleg. Now, according to this guide, it's a bootleg: it has the ESRB "E" logo, and there's an internal battery. However, it has the Nintendo thing inside the case above the whatever-it-is, and when I put it in a DS to test it, it said nothing about the save file being OK or deleted.

So my question is, based on what I've described, is it a legit or bootlegged copy of Ruby?

The cart will have the "E" on the left if it's from a place such as the U.S or Canada and the Nintendo seal will be on the right and the Nintendo logo will be beside the "E".

Also check if it can transport Pokemon to a Gen IV game because most bootleg carts cannot.

This is a picture of a legit ruby cart from the U.S so you can check if yours matches this one.

game-2377-0-0-188-150-dddddd.jpg

(The odd orange color on the label is due to lighting)

So if yours looks like this and can transport Pokemon to Gen IV games then its legit.

Thanks!

Question;
Are there any benefits from getting certain numbers of pokemon on your pokedex in Emerald?

You can get one of the Johto starters from Professor Birch if you catch every Pokemon in the Hoenn Pokédex.

Last edited:

Well, I haven't bought it yet (it's on hold until next weekend), but I do believe it looked like that. Dunno if it'll transport the 'mons into the Gen4 games, though.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Well, I haven't bought it yet (it's on hold until next weekend), but I do believe it looked like that. Dunno if it'll transport the 'mons into the Gen4 games, though.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

I had no idea bootlegs were made of these. I purchased mine with no label on it and it has an internal battery. What guide did you use??

e/
Nevermind. I looked up some stuff and determined mine was legitimate. I found this;

When it arrives, you can probably tell if a game is for sure fake. On the back of the cartidge, it should have a Nintendo Logo engraved onto the cartridge with Model NO. AGB-002 with under it PAT.PEND MADE IN JAPAN. Fake copies wont carry this information on the back and will either just have nothing on the back.

it might be helpful if the seller posted a picture of the back.

Last edited:

According to various sources (including bulbapedia), you're supposed to be able to use your own Blissey in the egg emergency minigame and your own Crobat in the gutsy Golbat minigame on Pokemon Stadium 2. I cannot, and I own both. I CAN however use my Scyther and Furret in the other minigames that they are part of.
So, CAN you use Blissey or Crobat in either minigame?

Bulbapedia said:
Mold Breaker negates the effects of abilities that could potentially weaken or negate moves or the side-effects of moves that the Mold Breaker Pokémon use (Mold Breaker will allow the user's Earthquake to hit a Pokémon with Levitate, but has no effect on your ally's Earthquake).

So it only effects your enemies or everyone in the battle?

So it only effects your enemies or everyone in the battle?

What they mean is that your partner does not gain the ability mold breaker, and as such your partner's earthquake cannot hit opponents with levitate.

Thanks. One last question involving Mold Breaker; Say you have Mold Breaker and your Partner Pokemon has Volt Absorb, if you use Thunderbolt on your partner will it take damage? (another way: Does Mold Breaker's Cancellation ability affect your partner Pokemon?)
**I would test this, but I do not have a Pokemon with the ability at the moment**

Thanks. One last question involving Mold Breaker; Say you have Mold Breaker and your Partner Pokemon has Volt Absorb, if you use Thunderbolt on your partner will it take damage? (another way: Does Mold Breaker's Cancellation ability affect your partner Pokemon?)
**I would test this, but I do not have a Pokemon with the ability at the moment**

I would expect that it would nullify Volt Absorb.

If you do an in game trade, Can you SR to get the right nature?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom