• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Questions

-Just to make sure, breeding a Ditto with a DWF will never produce an egg with a Hidden Ability? Do you need a male pokemon to breed with the DWF if you want the Hidden Ability passed down?

-I'm a Pokemon player since Red/Blue came out. But I only just realised that when a Pokemon evolves, it's stats are suddenly raised a few levels without this being shown. e.g. stats jumped up around 10 levels each for Patrat>Watchog evolution. Whereas normal level up stat changes are always displayed. Does this game mechanic have a name? Is there like a specific percentage stats are raised by upon evolution?

- That is correct. Ditto cannot be used to breed for Pokémon with hidden abilities.

- The change is stats is due to the different base stats between Pokémon and their evolved forms. For example, Totodile's base Attack stat is 65, while Croconaw's is 80 and Feraligatr's is 105. The extra increase in stats is due to the game recalculating the stats using the new base stat figure.

My god I need help.

So I have just came home with a pre-owned pokemon black game (which had a victini in it, I was shocked!), and it had a few pokemon I transfered to pokemon black 2 (DAT VICTINI). I planned on starting a new save file but then something caught my eye.

It was a mysterious egg obtained at ----------, and the date received is 9/25/10 (christmas event?). The pokemon is in a cherish ball, and it is holding a rowap berry... Either way, I have been trying to hatch it and now it has the description, "Sounds can be heard from inside! It will hatch soon!", but every time it says "oh?" It never hatches, I have heard of bad eggs before but um... could someone please help me..? >_<

Oh, and also, this guy has obviously hacked before, he has 638 master balls in his bag. >_>

Last edited:

Questions

-Just to make sure, breeding a Ditto with a DWF will never produce an egg with a Hidden Ability? Do you need a male pokemon to breed with the DWF if you want the Hidden Ability passed down?

-I'm a Pokemon player since Red/Blue came out. But I only just realised that when a Pokemon evolves, it's stats are suddenly raised a few levels without this being shown. e.g. stats jumped up around 10 levels each for Patrat>Watchog evolution. Whereas normal level up stat changes are always displayed. Does this game mechanic have a name? Is there like a specific percentage stats are raised by upon evolution?

- That is correct. Ditto cannot be used to breed for Pokémon with hidden abilities.

- The change is stats is due to the different base stats between Pokémon and their evolved forms. For example, Totodile's base Attack stat is 65, while Croconaw's is 80 and Feraligatr's is 105. The extra increase in stats is due to the game recalculating the stats using the new base stat figure.

Ok. Does the DWF need to breed with a male of the SAME Pokemon in order to pass down the ability, or can it be successfully done breeding with any male in the same egg group? Because Jynx is female only and I want to breed for Smoochum with its Hidden Ability.

Questions

Ok. Does the DWF need to breed with a male of the SAME Pokemon in order to pass down the ability, or can it be successfully done breeding with any male in the same egg group? Because Jynx is female only and I want to breed for Smoochum with its Hidden Ability.

Questions

Any Pokémon besides Ditto should work (as long as they're in the same egg group, of course).

Video game events in Gen V

This is bugging me. Ever since the B2W2 games came out, all of the events (save for a few) have been only for those games and left out BW. The ones in BW and B2W2 are in Japan which I can't get. Why would they put in events only for B2W2, instead of both BW and B2W2? They haven't done that in previous generations.

Re: Video game events in Gen V

This is bugging me. Ever since the B2W2 games came out, all of the events (save for a few) have been only for those games and left out BW. The ones in BW and B2W2 are in Japan which I can't get. Why would they put in events only for B2W2, instead of both BW and B2W2? They haven't done that in previous generations.
I assume because they are promoting Black 2 and White 2 over Black and White, they may be doing things differently than previous generations.

Questions

Any Pokémon besides Ditto should work (as long as they're in the same egg group, of course).

RiverAura is correct. Any male from the same egg group as the female will work, (I've bred several different Pokemon with their Hidden Abilities this way) though I think it's only about a 60% probability that the hatchling will have the Hidden Ability.

Hi.
So I was wondering - I have 140 in my Pokedex. I am kind of reluctant to go to the Elite 4 yet because I have been really reliant upon my HM Slave (Bibarel) to get me around especially right now in this daggone Victory Road. But being that he is Bibarel, he still stinks. Big time. So I was wondering,
a. will there be a PC or anything that I can use to switch him out BUT not before needing to use certain HMs to get all the way there?? If so, I can also get rid of Bastiodon who has great defense/special def but total crud on everything else.

b. I have that 140. Is it possible to get to 150 before battling the E4???

ALSO...... THIS IS GOING TO SOUND REALLY STUPID BUT ... I swear I had a reason for this, ok? I was playing the game & ended up having my file restarted. So I'm playing again & for some reason this time, I managed to NOT do whatever it is you have to do to be able to type answers when people ask you questions. You know, like the interview guys or whoever goes up. Where you have the options to select from choices like Pokemon People Lifestyle Feelings, etc. etc. Starting to get really annoying between this issue & being stuck on Victory Road AND being stuck at 140/150 not knowing if I have to beat the E4 in order to get to 150 or what....?
THANK YOU if anyone can help
I just typed this whole long thing & I have NO idea what happened! Argh. New computer - I keep selecting things by accidentally touching the trackpad.

Last edited:

I only have one game registered on Dream World. If I register another game card on Pokémon Global Link, will I be able to play two hours a day on Dream World?

I only have one game registered on Dream World. If I register another game card on Pokémon Global Link, will I be able to play two hours a day on Dream World?

You will be able to play for 1 hour per game cart registered. So, essentially, yes. But you wont be able to play for 2hrs on just a single cart's session.

I'm attempting to do an All Eeveelution Run for Black 2, but I think I might need some help.

My team goes thusly (and at the moment, they're all Eevees still)-

Pyro (I'm thinking of switching back to his original name of Ignatius)- Flareon

Moor- Vaporeon

Raiden- Jolteon

Saikou- Espeon

Keir- Umbreon

Erana- Leafeon

I was originally going to add a Glaceon to my team and then just pick either Espeon or Umbreon, but I changed my mind because of two things:

1. I've already had a Glaceon on my team before, specifically White 2, and while he was a great member of my team, I don't think I need to be redundant.

2. Four members of my team benefit from Sunny Day (Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon and Flareon), while the other two (Vaporeon and Jolteon) benefit from Rain Dance. Glaceon only benefits from Hail, which doesn't help anybody.

What I need help with is...

Who do I give Sunny Day to?

Who do I give Rain Dance to?

I'm thinking of giving at least one of them a Work Up/Baton Pass combo, but who?

When would be the best time to evolve each of them?

Last edited:
Need ev training advice

So I got all the evs on like 6 pokemon and traded them over without leveling them up
did my evs vanish? or are they set for life? I'm really worried because it took all week and golbats speed went up by +4 when the level before (due to magikarps) it said +15 idk if like u know you know?

Um, hello? Still need help with the Work Up/Baton Pass combo.

Re: Need ev training advice

So I got all the evs on like 6 pokemon and traded them over without leveling them up
did my evs vanish? or are they set for life? I'm really worried because it took all week and golbats speed went up by +4 when the level before (due to magikarps) it said +15 idk if like u know you know?
EV's don't go away when you trade a Pokemon, so they should still have them. The only way to get rid of them is using EV reducing berries.

Can't rebattle trainers Generation V!!

So my favourite of all the games was Heart Gold just because you could rebattle Gym Leaders, rebattle trainers, get their numbers etc.

So I decided to give Black a try and they did EVERYTHING RIGHT! You felt rewarded for training all your pokemon equally, the game
was difficult but not a headache. The game wasn't repetitive like Gold, with 4 magnemites in a trainers arsenal. However the one HUGE
thing that bugged me that made Heart Gold better than it was not being able to rebattle ANYONE(except Elite 4)!

I complete the game
and I just thought to myself. "What now!?" All I could do was capture and train Pokemon, that is a joy of course, but I'd love to test
them on some trainers, feel like I am getting better at the game. So that somewhat killed Pokemon Black for me, yes I know I'm a
horrible person. I loved the game, right up until the end I guess.

Does anyone know if Black/White 2 allow you to rebattle trainers and Gym Leaders, or is it the same?

Do you think they will add a re-battle system to X and Y? If they do I; I'll be so happy!

Re: Can't rebattle trainers Generation V!!

So my favourite of all the games was Heart Gold just because you could rebattle Gym Leaders, rebattle trainers, get their numbers etc.

So I decided to give Black a try and they did EVERYTHING RIGHT! You felt rewarded for training all your pokemon equally, the game
was difficult but not a headache. The game wasn't repetitive like Gold, with 4 magnemites in a trainers arsenal. However the one HUGE
thing that bugged me that made Heart Gold better than it was not being able to rebattle ANYONE(except Elite 4)!

I complete the game
and I just thought to myself. "What now!?" All I could do was capture and train Pokemon, that is a joy of course, but I'd love to test
them on some trainers, feel like I am getting better at the game. So that somewhat killed Pokemon Black for me, yes I know I'm a

Does anyone know if Black/White 2 allow you to rebattle trainers and Gym Leaders, or is it the same?

Do you think they will add a re-battle system to X and Y? If they do I; I'll be so happy!
There's no way to rebattle gym leaders in B2 and W2 but you can rebattle certain trainers just passing by them after beating them.

I complete the game

There's no way to rebattle gym leaders in B2 and W2 but you can rebattle certain trainers just passing by them after beating them.

You CAN battle the gym leaders - at the PWT. I know it is different from an actual "rebattle", but you can still battle the gym leaders there in different ways. You can also battle gym leaders and champions from other regions once you meet certain conditions

One of the most popular features of Black2/White2 is the PWT - Pokemon World Tournament. You can battle gym leaders from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova. All the Champions are available as well - including Pokemon Trainer Red.

I complete the game

You CAN battle the gym leaders - at the PWT. I know it is different from an actual "rebattle", but you can still battle the gym leaders there in different ways. You can also battle gym leaders and champions from other regions once you meet certain conditions
That's a different kind of thing I think he more means rebattling the Unova leaders, but yes Gym Leaders can be battled at the World Tournament.

Okay! Work Up/Baton Pass combo for my Eeveelution Run!

Who should get it? I have a Serious Flareon, a Bashful Vaporeon, a Rash Jolteon, a Careful Leafeon, a Quirky Espeon, and a Lax Umbreon.

Should I give Jolteon Agility/Baton Pass, or should I give Flareon Flame Charge instead? I'm probably gonna give Agility to Jolteon anyway regardless. Then again... Flame Charge isn't available until after the Hall of Fame.

Maybe I should give the Work Up/Baton Pass combo to Umbreon?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom