• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Faster ways of leveling up weaker Pokemon

Do anyone know a quicker way for me to level up my weaker Pokemon in X?

You can use the Exp Share.If it's turned on it will spread the Exp across all your team and helps for levelling up weaker Pokemon. Also, if you've played with a Pokemon in Pokemon Amie it will gain a bit more Exp than before.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

So I just got a froakie from japan through a wonder trade and its ability is something called Protean instead of Torrent. The froakie looks to be from an egg as it's at level 1 but it's also in a dive ball. I know the mechanics for the pokeballs bred pokemon come in has changed this gen, I'm just not sure what they are specifically. (Also I'm assuming its parents are both from its evolutionary line because it has some level-up moves.) Anyway, my question is are those things both legitimate things to have on a froakie or is the little guy hacked? Or is there some sort of in-game event that could get you a froakie like this?

I just bought the XY hardcover guide (it's gorgeous!) and while it's got a lot of useful things like egg groups and maps, there's no Pokedex or item listings. I haven't bought a guide since DPPt, though I know the BW guide was broken into multiple parts, and my question is: has anyone heard anything on an XY Pokedex guide? I'm dying to know things like movesets and TM listings!

Movesets

TMs & HMs

I don't know if it's quite accurate or not. But I think it's better than nothing.

I'm guessing that means no news on an actual guide? I'd prefer a book to a website...

So I just got a froakie from japan through a wonder trade and its ability is something called Protean instead of Torrent. The froakie looks to be from an egg as it's at level 1 but it's also in a dive ball. I know the mechanics for the pokeballs bred pokemon come in has changed this gen, I'm just not sure what they are specifically. (Also I'm assuming its parents are both from its evolutionary line because it has some level-up moves.) Anyway, my question is are those things both legitimate things to have on a froakie or is the little guy hacked? Or is there some sort of in-game event that could get you a froakie like this?

Pretty sure it's not hacked. There's an item you can get later in the game (with BP I believe) that changes a Pokemon's ability to their secondary ability or Hidden Ability (Protean is Froakie's Hidden Ability), and Hidden Abilities can now be passed down by the father, so it sounds like someone used the ability switcher on their Froakie/Greninja, bred it multiple times with a Ditto (or with someone else in Froakie's egg group if their first Froakie was female), taught the babies some egg moves, and bred them again to get your Froakie. Also, the baby Pokemon will be in the same ball as one of its parents (I think it's the mother), so that's legit. Protean is like Kecleon's Color Change ability, but instead of your opponent's moves affecting your type, Froakie's type changes depending on the type of the move Froakie uses. With some planning, it's an awesome ability. Enjoy! :)

What is the exact # of Gen VI Pokémon? Bulbapiedia currently says 69

What is the exact # of Gen VI Pokémon? Bulbapiedia currently says 69

Exactly 69, so far. (Since 3DS encryptation hasn't been broken yet, there could still be some few hidden inside game data)

I have a question. Is Gyro Ball's power affected by paralysis?

I've heard that you are able to unlock one or two more hairstyles at the Lumiose Salon. Does anybody know how to accomplish this exactly?

One last question. Is it possible to unlock any more eye contact colours as well? I don't believe we can, as I've seen nobody mention so anywhere, however, having purple eyes would be a nice touch.

Re: Training before the league

I've just got past Victory Road in Y, which was a massive pain because all of my Pokemon are under level 60, so repels were practically useless. I was even having trouble on the regular trainers, which are above that. Because of this, I don't think I'll have much luck with the Elite Four the way my party is now. Is there any possible way to quickly get Xp without having to painfully grind it against wild pokemon in victory road?

Here's some details of my party.
View attachment 90979

Chesnaught
Overgrow

Wood Hammer
Frenzy Plant
Rock Tomb
Poison Jab

Blastoise
Torrent

Surf
Waterfall
Flash Cannon
Ice Beam

Lucario
Steadfast

Power-Up Punch
Swords Dance
Aura Sphere
Shadow Claw

Yveltal
Dark Aura

Fly
Oblivion Wing
Dragon Claw
Dark Pulse

Blaziken
Speed Boost

Bulldoze
Low Sweep
Blaze Kick
Flame Charge

Kangaskhan
Doesn't matter, It's an HM slave.

Out of curiosity, do you have the Exp. Share on?

I did. I got bored of waiting for an answer and I was unaware that my post had been moved to here. So I just tediously power-leveled in victory road.

Also, could anyone help me with breeding? I've got a female ryhorn and a male blastoise, and from what I've read breeding always makes the pokemon hatch on the female's side (ryhorn). Is there any way to make the egg hatch on the male's side instead?

Re: Shiny pokemon

Found a shiny Ferroseed. Brave and with nice IVs. Became a permanent member or my team, despite I hadn't Ferrothorn in my plans.

Re: Shiny pokemon

got 2 shinys and up for trade infact skiddo and Bergmite

edit: saying that i only want the new Pokemon :p

Re: Training before the league

I've just got past Victory Road in Y, which was a massive pain because all of my Pokemon are under level 60, so repels were practically useless. I was even having trouble on the regular trainers, which are above that. Because of this, I don't think I'll have much luck with the Elite Four the way my party is now. Is there any possible way to quickly get Xp without having to painfully grind it against wild pokemon in victory road?

Here's some details of my party.
View attachment 90979

Chesnaught
Overgrow

Wood Hammer
Frenzy Plant
Rock Tomb
Poison Jab

Blastoise
Torrent

Surf
Waterfall
Flash Cannon
Ice Beam

Lucario
Steadfast

Power-Up Punch
Swords Dance
Aura Sphere
Shadow Claw

Yveltal
Dark Aura

Fly
Oblivion Wing
Dragon Claw
Dark Pulse

Blaziken
Speed Boost

Bulldoze
Low Sweep
Blaze Kick
Flame Charge

Kangaskhan
Doesn't matter, It's an HM slave.

Out of curiosity, do you have the Exp. Share on?

I did. I got bored of waiting for an answer and I was unaware that my post had been moved to here. So I just tediously power-leveled in victory road.

Also, could anyone help me with breeding? I've got a female ryhorn and a male blastoise, and from what I've read breeding always makes the pokemon hatch on the female's side (ryhorn). Is there any way to make the egg hatch on the male's side instead?

The only way to get the egg to hatch on the male's side is to breed with Ditto.

I just bought the XY hardcover guide (it's gorgeous!) and while it's got a lot of useful things like egg groups and maps, there's no Pokedex or item listings. I haven't bought a guide since DPPt, though I know the BW guide was broken into multiple parts, and my question is: has anyone heard anything on an XY Pokedex guide? I'm dying to know things like movesets and TM listings!

Movesets

TMs & HMs

I don't know if it's quite accurate or not. But I think it's better than nothing.

I'm guessing that means no news on an actual guide? I'd prefer a book to a website...

It seems like a Volume 2 of the guide will be released early next year--but it will only have REGIONAL Pokédex and not a NATIONAL Pokédex.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Does anybody know what all the terrain moves do (misty terrain, electric terrain, etc.)? I'm pretty sure what it says on their description isn't everything because all misty terrain says is that is protects against status. However, I'm pretty sure an NPC told me that it also weakens dragon type moves. So does anyone know everything each terrain does?

Anyone playing X know where to find the Sachet item to evolve Spritzee?

Kiloude City -- 32 BP. You might also be able to also pick up a freebie one along the way (similar to the Whipped Dream), but if so I haven't found it yet.

Does anyone knwo if there is a store where we can buy vitamins like carbos etc.?

I wish I could be more helpful about it, but I know someone gave me one earlish in the game (before the mountain region I think it?)

When evolving sligoo, does "while raining" mean you have to find a location where it is currently raining and level it? Because mine is now 55 and every level since 50 it has leveled during rain dance and definitly not evolved.

When evolving sligoo, does "while raining" mean you have to find a location where it is currently raining and level it? Because mine is now 55 and every level since 50 it has leveled during rain dance and definitly not evolved.

Sadly, it has to be the normal rain. Speaking of which, I also want to evolve my Sligoo, but I can't find any city with rain :( Any help?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom