• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Sounds like you're trying to get yourself a Mega Pinsir there. :p

a) On Route 21 (I can't remember if there are any "shaking" spots on this route or not, but if there are, Scyther can only be found in the grass)
b) I don't remember where I got mine from, but Serebii says to check the Poké Ball Factory, it's sneakily hidden behind one of the conveyor belts (note that it's not necessarily a hidden item, since you can't use the Dowsing Machine here).
c) It's right behind the Abomasnow in Frost Cavern

I checked behind Abomasnow, but I did not find anything!!! Abomasnow did give me the mega stone that evolves it though! Should I use something?!
Thank you :)

Hmm? How far along are you in the game? I was able to get the Scizorite there last night, but I've also beaten the main story already. You may need to do a post-game side-quest with Prof. Sycamore first before you can get it.

Re: Shiny pokemon

Yesterday I hatched a shiny Honedge after 403 eggs... she is gorgeous and I love her. <3

Been trying to Masuda method a shiny Pumpkaboo and I have a few questions. Is there something that records how many eggs you've hatched? Also, any tips to make it faster other than having a poke with flame body?

I know when you do a battle with another player, occasionally little stats show up on the sides during move selection. One of them says "eggs hatched #"

Sounds like you're trying to get yourself a Mega Pinsir there. :p

a) On Route 21 (I can't remember if there are any "shaking" spots on this route or not, but if there are, Scyther can only be found in the grass)
b) I don't remember where I got mine from, but Serebii says to check the Poké Ball Factory, it's sneakily hidden behind one of the conveyor belts (note that it's not necessarily a hidden item, since you can't use the Dowsing Machine here).
c) It's right behind the Abomasnow in Frost Cavern

I checked behind Abomasnow, but I did not find anything!!! Abomasnow did give me the mega stone that evolves it though! Should I use something?!
Thank you :)

Hmm? How far along are you in the game? I was able to get the Scizorite there last night, but I've also beaten the main story already. You may need to do a post-game side-quest with Prof. Sycamore first before you can get it.

Oh, maybe that's why. I have just beaten Lysandre and captured Xerneas :p

Yesterday I hatched a shiny Honedge after 403 eggs... she is gorgeous and I love her. <3

Been trying to Masuda method a shiny Pumpkaboo and I have a few questions. Is there something that records how many eggs you've hatched? Also, any tips to make it faster other than having a poke with flame body?

1) So from my experience doing online battles, once in a while boxes will appear that gives small tidbits of information about each battler (they pop up while you're choosing an attack/waiting for your opponent to choose an attack). One piece of info in those boxes is the total number of eggs you've hatched in your game. The info that appear in those boxes is random, though, so you may or may not see it in battle. But yeah, that means there is a counter in the game, but I'm not sure if there's a way to see that number outside of online battles. -- EDIT: Greninja'd~

2) There's actually an O-Power that you can use, but it requires maximum style.

Also, I ran into a shiny Foongus in a horde battle last night... BUT I KNOCKED IT OUT BECAUSE I ACCIDENTALLY ATTACKED THE WRONG FOONGUS. GRRR.

Whatever, I don't like Foongus, anyway... <___<

I just bred my female Eevee... took me 8 tries, lol! If you need a female Eevee, I'd be happy to breed one and trade it to you.

Can someone give me a list of post game stuff to do (Legendaries, Side quests etc.) thanks :)

Can someone give me a list of post game stuff to do (Legendaries, Side quests etc.) thanks :)

There's the Battle Maison, Battle Chateau, Looker Side Quest, Collection of the Mega Stones, Legendary captures (Legendary Bird, Mewtwo, Zygarde), and that's all I can think of.

There's the Battle Maison, Battle Chateau, Looker Side Quest, Collection of the Mega Stones, Legendary captures (Legendary Bird, Mewtwo, Zygarde), and that's all I can think of.

And some not-so-obvious post-game things include the Battle Institute, the Friend Safari, WONDER TRADING, Link Battles/Battle Spots, medal-collecting (which only shows up on your PGL account, but they're still there nonetheless), leveling up your O-Powers, reaching max stylishness in Lumiose City, and... yeah, that's all I can think of right now.

Do those trees that drop berries eventually drop more berries? I accidentally gave someone my Sitrus Berry for a Leppa berry without growing it.

Do those trees that drop berries eventually drop more berries? I accidentally gave someone my Sitrus Berry for a Leppa berry without growing it.

Pretty sure you can use Thief and steal one from a wild pokemon

I just checked, and they do grow back. However, I am not sure how long it takes. I would assume 1 day though.

just caught a shiny sneasel. :D wish it had a better colour scheme though :\

How can you not love a pokemon that looks like it is advertising pink lemonade? I agree though, it is a little hard on the eyes. It looks much better to me on Weavile for some reason, though.

A friend of mine just found a shiny Bellsprout. I remain pretty much the only person without a shiny it seems.
Oh well. It could be worse.
1379701_10202339278906788_356375735_n.jpg

Is the GTS completely broken for anyone else? I can deposit, receive, & browse, but can't respond to a trade request when they want something I have. Errors every time. And it's just a "communication error" but it forces me to shut down the game completely, which makes no sense.

New to Pokemon any strategy stuff out there

Yeah so my son wanted Pokemon so I got it for him, and he didn't really care for it so now I'm going to give it a try. I have gotten to the first trainer and I'm trying to catch every Pokemon I see. What I want to know is if there is a place where the basic strategy of the game along with some of the deeper stuff that may seem like everyone should know. Also I have the x version and I got the fire Pokemon for my starter. Is there any Pokemon I should try to catch at all costs (is anything like that out there this early even) also my pikachu got quick attack and i had to drop a skill to add it...this worries me somewhat as I don't know what stuff I should be making sure I keep. Other than that if you think someone should know it please let me know. It feels like I may be the last to the party, but it still looks pretty fun. Thanks in advance

Re: New to Pokemon any strategy stuff out there

Yeah so my son wanted Pokemon so I got it for him, and he didn't really care for it so now I'm going to give it a try. I have gotten to the first trainer and I'm trying to catch every Pokemon I see. What I want to know is if there is a place where the basic strategy of the game along with some of the deeper stuff that may seem like everyone should know. Also I have the x version and I got the fire Pokemon for my starter. Is there any Pokemon I should try to catch at all costs (is anything like that out there this early even) also my pikachu got quick attack and i had to drop a skill to add it...this worries me somewhat as I don't know what stuff I should be making sure I keep. Other than that if you think someone should know it please let me know. It feels like I may be the last to the party, but it still looks pretty fun. Thanks in advance
Welcome to the party! :D

- I guess it would help to be familiar with strengths and weaknesses of the different types. I know it takes a while so there'll be a lot of trial and error with some types but some are fairly intuitive (Electric vs. Water & Flying, Fire vs. Grass, Bug, & Steel)
- Try to vary the types of Pokemon you have in your team, you wouldn't want to have a team entirely weak against a single type.
- Feel free to mix and match your team. Since you're catching everything you can try them out and see if you'd like them on your team. There really isn't any preferred team (which what gives Pokemon that unique and creative feel) so go ahead :)
- A good rule of thumb starting out is to try to learn moves that have high power. That usually happens as you're leveling up your Pokemon so you don't need to worry about replacing old moves.
- TIP: Moves are stronger if they are used by a Pokemon of the similar type (i.e. Ember is stronger when a Fire type uses it rather than a non-Fire type)

I wouldn't worry too much about the more advanced stuff, we all kinda learned as we went along on our first games. Feel free to ask any other questions you'll have and have fun with the game!

Re: New to Pokemon any strategy stuff out there

Hover your cursor over the Pokemon Basics link on the official X/Y site, a good place to start is there.
Pokémon Basics

Don't worry about forgetting level-up moves, you'll meet an NPC later who can re-teach them in exchange for Heart Scales (items you'll find as you explore). That said, a good general rule of thumb is to make sure you have one good damaging attack that matches your Pokemon's type. Any time a Pokemon uses a move that matches its type (either of them if it has two), it does 50% more damage. There's usually no need to have more than one damaging attack of the same type on a Pokemon (such as Thundershock and Thunderbolt, both Electric-type moves), it's redundant and crowds out other options for attacks that might cover your Pokemon's weaknesses.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom