• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Shiny Breeding Help needed

In Pokemon X, I have a Japanes Ditto at the Day-Care with my Charizard.
So far I have literally filled 4 PC boxes (120) with Charmander and not a single one of them has been shiny.
What am I doing wrong?

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I have a question regarding Eevee evolutions. I caught several Eevees from the Friend Safari with their Hidden Ability Adaptability. Why is it that when I evolve Eevee, it's evolutions don't have their Hidden Abilities? I was under the impression that Hidden Abilities carried through evolution.

The hidden ability will be of the new form of your pokemon. If your Eevee evolution is a Vaporen, the ability is Water Absorve, but if your Eevee has a Hidden Ability the Vaporeon ability will be Hydration.

The hidden ability will be of the new form of your pokemon. If your Eevee evolution is a Vaporen, the ability is Water Absorve, but if your Eevee has a Hidden Ability the Vaporeon ability will be Hydration.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear in my question. I already have several Eevees with Adaptability and when I evolved them, their evolutions do not have their Hidden Abilities. For example, I turned one into Vaporeon and instead of Hydration, it has it's regular ability of Water Absorb. This also happened with Sylveon as well.

I have all the O-Powers except for Hatching Power. Where exactly do I get it, and afterwards, do you ever see Mr. Bonding again?

You know how you can change the battle music before you do a Link Battle, or battle in the Battle Masion? Well, I heard you can unlock more Battle Music, such as the music that plays for when you encounter a Legendary Pokemon, or Team Flare Battle Music. Does anyone know how to unlock the extra Battle Music tracks?

I'm sorry I wasn't clear in my question. I already have several Eevees with Adaptability and when I evolved them, their evolutions do not have their Hidden Abilities. For example, I turned one into Vaporeon and instead of Hydration, it has it's regular ability of Water Absorb. This also happened with Sylveon as well.

This is very weird. Nothing like that happen to me before.

I have all the O-Powers except for Hatching Power. Where exactly do I get it, and afterwards, do you ever see Mr. Bonding again?
You can get the Hatching O-Power from him at Cafe Introversion at Lumiose City, after you have gotten all other O-Powers and maxed out your style.

Eevee's Hidden Ability is Anticipation, not Adaptability.

I heard that Male Pokemon with their Dream World Ability can pass it down if you breed it with Ditto. If thats so then...

Can the Event Speed Boost Torchic pass down Speed Boost if bred with a Ditto? I surely hope so.

I haven't played the games yet, but I really want to know:

IS there an AUTO-SORT feature for the PC box? Like, there's an "Arrange by National dex order" button and you press it and all the pokemons in your boxes are automatically arranged by dex number?

please tell me this is present. I caan't bear to think about manually rearranging 700 pokenons

I haven't played the games yet, but I really want to know:

IS there an AUTO-SORT feature for the PC box? Like, there's an "Arrange by National dex order" button and you press it and all the pokemons in your boxes are automatically arranged by dex number?

please tell me this is present. I caan't bear to think about manually rearranging 700 pokenons
Not that I've seen but there's a function where you can move around multiple Pokemon at one time. There's also a search function which has a good amount of criteria (type, moves, ability, nature, markings, etc.)

I feel your pain.

This may seem off-topic, but it IS about X & Y.
I've been baby breeding all night. Got like 9 or 10 eggs in the past hour. All that running in & out of the nursery got me to thinking:

What the HELL is that man inside the daycare's deal?? He just stands there all day every day. Its kind of suspicious that she's in there with him all the time while her husband is relegated to the outside. By himself.
What does she see in him that's worth throwing her marriage away? The man has NO life, no career prospects, nothing going for him...! If he's got nothing better to do than loiter around inside a DAYCARE CENTER....which is exceptionally creepy, btw, she needs to be calling the police not sneaking off with him during the babies' naptime.
Just saying...

Sorry for the repeated questions, but can anyone explain the glitch shown at turn 7 in the following battle video?(Both Dittos had Impostor.)
The battle video is 5TTW-WWWW-WWW2-8KMQ.
I was Samuel, Carlo was some random guy, Xuralo was my IRL friend, and June was Xuralo's sister.(If I hadn't taken her out at the start of the fight, she would have single-handedly beaten both of us.)

EV Mechanics Changed?

Has anyone else noticed that when you are training Pokemon via the Super Training, the last four EVs require you to do a third stat? Like, I was training an Abra in Speed & Special Attack, and I needed four EVs until it was fully maxed out; but, I was already maxed out with the previous state.

I dunno if it's a Gen. VI thing or not. Maybe it can be good...I wasn't sure if anyone has the same problem.

Stil, Super Training is pretty awesome. It might be slower than versing the same Pokemon again & again...but, maybe I'm used to the old way...

I've been baby breeding all night. Got like 9 or 10 eggs in the past hour. All that running in & out of the nursery got me to thinking:

What the HELL is that man inside the daycare's deal?? He just stands there all day every day. Its kind of suspicious that she's in there with him all the time while her husband is relegated to the outside. By himself.
What does she see in him that's worth throwing her marriage away? The man has NO life, no career prospects, nothing going for him...! If he's got nothing better to do than loiter around inside a DAYCARE CENTER....which is exceptionally creepy, btw, she needs to be calling the police not sneaking off with him during the babies' naptime.
Just saying...

This post is the best. For some reason I just assumed he was their son who helped them out at the daycare... but I like your theory better.

Just saying...

This post is the best. For some reason I just assumed he was their son who helped them out at the daycare... but I like your theory better.

I still think it's weird that you can still just walking into houses. Like, you just WALK IN THERE.

We need a doorbell feature in future games. It'd save me the time of walking into a house find out out about how much Random Male NPC likes walking his Weedle on Thursdays.

Re: Flareon Moves (question)

I have a question, it's been bugging me A LOT! Ok, so in the older versions even my Jolteon learned Double Kick, but why can't Flareon learn it in Pokemon X/Y? I plan to make an Eevee Evolution team and face the Elite Four with it, but I'll need Double Kick for the Steel's Probopass. Please help me :(
Has Flareon been able to use Double Kick before? I don't see him learning it from his learnset page. :/

Yeah, Jolteon is the only Eeveelution that can learn Double Kick and it can learn it in X/Y. Flareon has never been able to learn it at any point.
darn, and Jolteon hasn't learned it yet and he's already level 100 now...i was hoping Flareon would for against the Iron Elite Four's Probopass.

Re: Flareon Moves (question)

I have a question, it's been bugging me A LOT! Ok, so in the older versions even my Jolteon learned Double Kick, but why can't Flareon learn it in Pokemon X/Y? I plan to make an Eevee Evolution team and face the Elite Four with it, but I'll need Double Kick for the Steel's Probopass. Please help me :(
Has Flareon been able to use Double Kick before? I don't see him learning it from his learnset page. :/

Yeah, Jolteon is the only Eeveelution that can learn Double Kick and it can learn it in X/Y. Flareon has never been able to learn it at any point.
darn, and Jolteon hasn't learned it yet and he's already level 100 now...i was hoping Flareon would for against the Iron Elite Four's Probopass.

You can always take Jolteon to the Move Relearner in Dendemille. For a Heart Scale, she should be able to teach Jolteon Double Kick.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom