• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

When you defeat a Horde, do you get EVs for each defeated Pokemon? So if you had Pokerus, would you get 10 EVs from defeating a Horde?

Yep, every Pokemon you beat gives EVs, and a hoarde has 5 Pokemon in it.

When you defeat a Horde, do you get EVs for each defeated Pokemon? So if you had Pokerus, would you get 10 EVs from defeating a Horde?

Yep, every Pokemon you beat gives EVs, and a hoarde has 5 Pokemon in it.

Lol, I must've deleted my message the instant you posted this. Thanks.

Jeepers, with Pokerus and an EV-enhancing item, you could gain 50 EVs from a Horde battle, and within the first ten routes you can find Hordes of all six stats (all five within seven routes). And apparently, they changed it so that Pokemon who receive experience through Exp. Share will benefit from EV-enhancing items if they hold them (that wasn't true in past generations).

So since you can buy multiples of those items at the Battle Maison, you could give 50 EVs to every single Pokemon in your party in a single battle @__@

I need those items!

This is more of an advice/should I kinda question but it's about the old games so why not:

I'm thinking of buying Pokemon Red in a sealed condition for my collection as I've been saving up for a while. I'd probably open it up and play the game. But at the same time I'd feel pretty guilty about it as there aren't to many left. I plan on getting all of the games for my collection, the reason why I'd be getting sealed or mint is because everything else is in poor condition or not complete. (mainly the boxes.) So what do you guys think? should I get the game and open it up and do what I want with it or should I leave it for the collection's who plan on leaving it as is?

I'd say that if you're going to open and play it anyways, save some money and buy an already open one. If it's just for collection purposes, though, go ahead with the sealed version!

Jeepers, with Pokerus and an EV-enhancing item, you could gain 50 EVs from a Horde battle, and within the first ten routes you can find Hordes of all six stats (all five within seven routes). And apparently, they changed it so that Pokemon who receive experience through Exp. Share will benefit from EV-enhancing items if they hold them (that wasn't true in past generations).

So since you can buy multiples of those items at the Battle Maison, you could give 50 EVs to every single Pokemon in your party in a single battle @__@

I need those items!

Don't forget that X and Y have lowered the limit on how many EVs you can put in a certain stat from 255 to 252. If you just want to max a particular stat you no longer have to keep track of it every time you win a battle because you won't waste those last three points if you just go about beating up hordes with power items anymore. This also makes it easier to EV train multiple mons at once.

On a different note when using the destiny knot to breed the 5 IVs passed down are random between the parents right? And not 5 random IVs from the parent that is holding it.

In double battles will magic guard prevent Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes placement, or just keep the Pokemon with magic guard from being damaged from the entry hazard.

I need those items!

Don't forget that X and Y have lowered the limit on how many EVs you can put in a certain stat from 255 to 252. If you just want to max a particular stat you no longer have to keep track of it every time you win a battle because you won't waste those last three points if you just go about beating up hordes with power items anymore. This also makes it easier to EV train multiple mons at once.

I didn't know that! Awesome! Although I still have to keep track for spread-IV mons, like Uber Excadrill (176 HP, 60 Atk, 20 Spe).

On a different note when using the destiny knot to breed the 5 IVs passed down are random between the parents right? And not 5 random IVs from the parent that is holding it.

Correct.

Also, if you calculate your IVs precisely, don't forget about Natures. I keep seeing people thinking Destiny Knot passes a random number of IVs up to five, because they forget that if the offspring has a different Nature than the parents, its IVs will be modified accordingly...
More IV Breeding: Destiny Knot Probs - Pokemon X Message Board for 3DS - GameFAQs

In double battles will magic guard prevent Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes placement, or just keep the Pokemon with magic guard from being damaged from the entry hazard.

It just prevents damage on the mon that has it; they can still be placed.

Also, if you calculate your IVs precisely, don't forget about Natures. I keep seeing people thinking Destiny Knot passes a random number of IVs up to five, because they forget that if the offspring has a different Nature than the parents, its IVs will be modified accordingly...
More IV Breeding: Destiny Knot Probs - Pokemon X Message Board for 3DS - GameFAQs
Technically Nature doesn't modify the Pokemon's IV, just the final calculated value of that stat (which incorporates species and EVs) -- if a Pokemon has a flawless IV, it has that flawless IV regardless of Nature.

It just prevents damage on the mon that has it; they can still be placed.
Magic Bounce, on the other hand....

Are some Pokemon not compatible with Pokemon bank? I tried to upload my Darkurai from B2 but bank couldn't see it in box 1. The Pokemon is caught with a master ball in Pokemon Diamond, not dlc or hacked. It is untouched at lv. 40.

The same with my dexosys, but since it is traded I cannot guarantee it's not a hack.

Are some Pokemon not compatible with Pokemon bank? I tried to upload my Darkurai from B2 but bank couldn't see it in box 1. The Pokemon is caught with a master ball in Pokemon Diamond, not dlc or hacked. It is untouched at lv. 40.

The same with my dexosys, but since it is traded I cannot guarantee it's not a hack.

The hack check might be flagging it for some reason. It seems to be flawed to say the least.

The hack check might be flagging it for some reason. It seems to be flawed to say the least.

Is this a problem they will fix? That Pokemon is very important for my team. The Deoxys is less important, but it would be nice to have a deoxys since it's very rare.

Is this a problem they will fix? That Pokemon is very important for my team. The Deoxys is less important, but it would be nice to have a deoxys since it's very rare.

Not sure about that. If they see it as a problem they might fix it but right now, I dunno. If it's blocking legit Pokemon, I call that a problem that needs to be sorted out.

The Darkrai is probably being flagged because they never released the Member's Card for Diamond and Pearl.

Last edited:

There is one in Diamond, yes. I've also tried trading another darkurai originally from diamond, and that went fine. This one is imoprtant though, because it has 31 IV in spec. atk and speed.

EDIT: Ok, I have read about the problem. People have been able to upload some hacked Pokemon and failed to upload some legit ones. It seemed random to me, but I hope it will be fixed. If Nintendo don't want those hacked Pokemon up (I have a feeling I've met some hacks in a battle not long ago) then they'll probably fix for the legit Pokemon too.

Last edited:

Am I correct in understanding that Egg Moves will now be passed from either parent to its offspring? So if I have a Tyrunt with Poison Fang and a Tyrunt with Dragon Dance, and breed them, I'll get a Tyrunt with Poison Fang and Dragon Dance?

EDIT: Also, did anybody get their bonus Medals and Pokemiles on the PGL yet? Remember?
Announcing Bonuses for Existing PGL Players Who Play on the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y PGL - Pocketmonsters.Net

'cause I didn't get mine yet, and they said they were doling them out at the end of January / beginning of February.

Last edited:

do i have to pay when i transfer my pokemon from gen v to gen vi??

do i have to pay when i transfer my pokemon from gen v to gen vi??

You can use the free trial offered by Pokemon Bank to transfer your Pokemon to Gen 6, however once it's over you'll need to pay the fee to continue using the service.

You can use the free trial offered by Pokemon Bank to transfer your Pokemon to Gen 6, however once it's over you'll need to pay the fee to continue using the service.
i've read from the intro of pokemon bank that says that whenever the subscription is over i can withdraw my pokemon in a short period of time or i'll lost them, i think it's free to transfer but you need to withdraw them the same time or they'll be gone forever

i've read from the intro of pokemon bank that says that whenever the subscription is over i can withdraw my pokemon in a short period of time or i'll lost them, i think it's free to transfer but you need to withdraw them the same time or they'll be gone forever
That's correct. PokeTransporter just puts the Pokemon into Pokemon Bank.

Okay, so, I recently re-started my X game.
And I go onto the Pokemon Global Link, and it still has my old game's trainer (Cameron)'s stuff on there. Does anything happen if I use Global Link on my new game? Does it over-write "Cameron" and the data from that game? I hope this question makes sense, since I'm really curious about it. :)
And also it's because I have 1,916 PokeMiles on there and I don't wanna loose them all, lol. xD.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom