• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

So I got the 5 Looker things. When will he call me to do stuff?

Once you finish each task go out to North Bvd and Looker will call you again. You don't have to wait any time between chapters you can get them all done one after another. I didn't even know about this until last night and I ran through all the chapters in a little over an hour. Most of the fights in this story are around level 60 to 65. It was a fun little story!

Dom

Concerning pokemon bank, the only real reason I would want to get it is to transfer my Black 2 pokemon to Y, and I can do that within the free time limit, but would I have to keep it running and pay the annual fee to do so if I got it at all, or would I be able to 'deactivate' it after using the transfer, and not have to pay?

I believe so, what you do is "buy" a pass for the free trial via the eShop(it's free but its similar to buying an something there) and it's for 30 days. Bank will tell you how many days are left on your pass. After it expires, you'd have to pay the $5 to keep using it. If you dont want to, you will have to withdraw your Pokemon on it and I believe to deactivate Bank you might have to just not use it after that or delete the app. Im not sure if there's any other way to do this.

Thanks. I've decided to do some research, and it seems once the free 30 day pass runs out, one has to manually buy passes? So it should be possible for me to not do that? Thanks again.

Ok, so if I transfer a box to Pokemon Transport, is it possible to transfer another box before transferring to Y, or no?

No, you have to log into bank and move the pokemon out of the transfer box to a regular box. If you transfer less than a full box to bank, you can use another game and transfer more so long as the total in the transfer box does not exceed 30.

Dom

Ok, so if I transfer a box to Pokemon Transport, is it possible to transfer another box before transferring to Y, or no?

No, you have to log into bank and move the pokemon out of the transfer box to a regular box. If you transfer less than a full box to bank, you can use another game and transfer more so long as the total in the transfer box does not exceed 30.

Dom

Alright, that was what I wanted to know since I never transfer more than 4-6 Pokes at a time. Thanks!~

Which stat (perfect iv) would a Timid Greninja miss the least? Attack, defense or special defense?

Shiny Breedin', Am I Doin' It Wrong?

Before you read through the list I do have a 6IV Japanese Ditto that I'm positive was hacked, but I am not using it. If using a Ditto is absolutely required to help get a shiny, just lemme know.

I got my first shiny Charmander by stat breeding it with Japanese Dittoes. It was a 3 stat that I traded for a French Male with 5 stats, 4 egg moves and the hidden ability. I'm currently breeding that one with an identical female that I bred. The Male is holding Destiny Knot and the Female is holding the Everstone.

After refusing the first egg I precede to collect 5 more, fly to the Pokemon league (cause I like that hatch location), hatch and reset if none were shiny. I have been checking the stats of females with the HA in case any come out with 6 stats.

I've hatched several hundred eggs and expect it to take over 1000, but am I doing anything wrong for the Masuda Method? I have the two charms from having completed my national dex. While the egg charm and "gets along very well" puts out eggs extremely fast I don't think the Shiny Charm effects eggs.

Pokebank and Ability questions...

1) Let's say I download Pokebank to my 3DS. Can I use any Gen V and any Gen VI game, and any number of games, with it? Like, let's say I have White 2 and X and my friend has Black and Black 2 and Y. Can I plug in any of Black, Black 2 and White 2 to my 3DS and upload Pokemon from any of them, and can I then transfer boxes to either my X or his Y? I presume yes since Pokebank is billed as a cloud storage service type thing, just wanna make sure though.

2) When you transfer Pokemon via the Pokemon Transporter in Pokebank, if they're holding any items, those items are put back in the Bag in your Gen V game, they're not uploaded to Gen VI. What happens if your Pokemon was holding an illegal item thanks to a hacked GTS or Action Replay or something? Because, for example, it's possible using a hack GTS to have your Pokemon hold Key Items, but you can never remove them so it's pointless. But if Poke Transporter forces them into your Bag...

3) When does the 30 free days of Pokebank end? Originally they said it would carry through the end of 2014, but I thought I heard someone say the offer's only good until March 15. If so, if I download the freebie on March 14, do I still get my 30 days or will it stop working on March 15?

4) If you breed two Pokemon that do not have their Hidden Abilities, is there any chance whatsoever for the bred Poke to have it?

5) If you breed a male with its Hidden Ability with a female of a different species with its unrelated Hidden Ability (like a male Rain Dish Squirtle with a female Blaze Charmander), can the resultant Pokemon have its Hidden Ability?

1) Let's say I download Pokebank to my 3DS. Can I use any Gen V and any Gen VI game, and any number of games, with it? Like, let's say I have White 2 and X and my friend has Black and Black 2 and Y. Can I plug in any of Black, Black 2 and White 2 to my 3DS and upload Pokemon from any of them, and can I then transfer boxes to either my X or his Y? I presume yes since Pokebank is billed as a cloud storage service type thing, just wanna make sure though.

2) When you transfer Pokemon via the Pokemon Transporter in Pokebank, if they're holding any items, those items are put back in the Bag in your Gen V game, they're not uploaded to Gen VI. What happens if your Pokemon was holding an illegal item thanks to a hacked GTS or Action Replay or something? Because, for example, it's possible using a hack GTS to have your Pokemon hold Key Items, but you can never remove them so it's pointless. But if Poke Transporter forces them into your Bag...

3) When does the 30 free days of Pokebank end? Originally they said it would carry through the end of 2014, but I thought I heard someone say the offer's only good until March 15. If so, if I download the freebie on March 14, do I still get my 30 days or will it stop working on March 15?

4) If you breed two Pokemon that do not have their Hidden Abilities, is there any chance whatsoever for the bred Poke to have it?

5) If you breed a male with its Hidden Ability with a female of a different species with its unrelated Hidden Ability (like a male Rain Dish Squirtle with a female Blaze Charmander), can the resultant Pokemon have its Hidden Ability?

1. Pokemon Bank is tied to the system not the game, so you should be able to use it with any X/Y card

2. Im not sure what happens if a Pokemon was hacked to hold key items or anything like that, but normal items will go to the bag unless it's full in which case they will disappear.

3. No, a Pokemon will not hatch with a Hidden Ability if the parents dont have it.

5. I believe male Pokemon can only pass Hidden Abilities when bred with Ditto

5) If you breed a male with its Hidden Ability with a female of a different species with its unrelated Hidden Ability, can the resultant Pokemon have its Hidden Ability?
When breeding male/female Pokemon, the offspring can inherit its mother's Hidden Ability but not the father's. So if you paired a male Rain Dish Squirtle with a female Solar Power Charmander, then yes you can have baby Charmanders with Solar Power.

If I use a power item and destiny knot when breeding does the power item stat get transferred along with a number of ivs from the destiny knot?
I've tested this and can confirm that the baby inherits a total of five IVs, one of which is the Power item's IV; the other four are selected at random. (I hatched more than one full box of Smeargle using Power Weight and Destiny Knot; every one of them inherited HP and four other stats)

Emerald Stuffs

Aright. A few things.

1. On emerald, starting with torchic, what is the best course of action to get legendaries? Ive never done that, and i want to try.

2. Mew. I read in the wiki that you needed some 'special event ticket' to get him. Can that be achieved via action replay?

3. What pokemon are good for a 'team'? And, where do you find them. I know i want Roselia/evolve of whatever that is.

4. Completely unrelated to Emerald, WHY DOES EVERYONE I MEET SAY USE CHARIZARD WHEN HE SUCKS?? Sorry for the caps. :p

In the process of breeding for a shiny charmander or I'd check myself, but can Deerling/Sawsbuck pass down their seasonal forms through breeding in X/Y? Read somewhere they could just now but would appreciate some verification.

A NON Simple Technical Question

MODS: this is kind of a mixed question - it does NOT belong in SQSA & is pretty long. I cant find a technical section & this is like i said, it includes other things and is *so* too heavy to move there - nobody is going to answer it if its there! Please? I just really want it to be seen and responded to. And its not simple.

Alright well - about a week ago I experienced some Poke-trauma. Its really kind of awful. I lost all of my breeding Pokemon, like 2 legendaries and MANY good items when the following happened. I just want to know *what* you think may have caused this. I just...I don't get it. I will explain.

I thought that having all of the various backups, plus all those times I've seen online saving to Global Link, that i might be ok, that maybe those GL saves provide some kind of a backup? but nobody was ever able to figure it out - my stuff is gone forever. Here's what I am wondering. Based on the following error message that i got what the heck do you think happened?? How do I not have it happen again AND what is the point of GL? Seems like online backup yet ive been searching all week & not found the answer to that.

"The saved data is not compatible with this version, so it ccant be used. Refer to the electronic manual for details." Game was reset back to nil.

THE LAST THINGS DONE BEFORE THE PROBLEM/THE ERROR MESSAGE:
I did a bunch of things the night before it happened - i installed an update BUT the update was for my hard copy disc of X, not my digital copy of Y which is the one affected. This is what it said: "The saved data is not compatible with this version, so it cant be used." Been thinking all week what that could possibly mean & IDK!!!

It seems like this would be a message you'd see after installing maybe a backwards update or something like that? Yet the thing that I did had nothing to do with Y, it was for X and I believe that it was on an entirely different memory card although by the end of that ordeal i was just scrambled eggs & couldn't think anymore. And why would i be unable to take data from ---idk, i thought the whole purpose of all of this saving was to have backups??

I tried everything but without deleting or overwriting any possibly still-existing files. I even spoke to an expert by phone but he wasn't able to help me retrieve my info.

Its over & done with now but if it happens again I wont play the games anymore, its just too much to lose months & even years worth of stuff with how much time goes into this series of games. All of my lucky eggs, leftovers, mega stones, just....every item i had! Because i had moved things UP from like 3 games to Y. (thank goodness only about 85% of my stuff) Plus i lost all of the Pokemon that i had in the daycare, which ***HURTS***. My self-made shinies plus all of the ones that I had caught in Gen 6. Ouch. I have a box full of other shinies that I've gotten here & there but that's not the same as the ones that I found & bred. So upset.

1. Pokemon Bank is tied to the system not the game, so you should be able to use it with any X/Y card

2. Im not sure what happens if a Pokemon was hacked to hold key items or anything like that, but normal items will go to the bag unless it's full in which case they will disappear.

3. No, a Pokemon will not hatch with a Hidden Ability if the parents dont have it.

5. I believe male Pokemon can only pass Hidden Abilities when bred with Ditto

Thanks.

When breeding male/female Pokemon, the offspring can inherit its mother's Hidden Ability but not the father's. So if you paired a male Rain Dish Squirtle with a female Solar Power Charmander, then yes you can have baby Charmanders with Solar Power.

I thought they changed that in Gen VI, so that fathers could pass HA's too.

They can, but only via Ditto. Otherwise it's just the female's ability that can be passed on (80% chance for regular abilities in a 2 ability system, 60% chance for HA's)

Two New Questions

1) I know you can't use Pokemon Transporter-uploaded Pokemon in official tourneys, like the Ranking matches, but can you use them in random online battles? Or can you not use uploaded Pokemon in any online battles at all?

2) In Gen V, does the Poke Transfer thing put your Pokemon in a specific ball, or leave it in its original?

They can, but only via Ditto. Otherwise it's just the female's ability that can be passed on (80% chance for regular abilities in a 2 ability system, 60% chance for HA's)

Alright, thanks.

Last edited:

Did anyone notice that the scientist in reflection cave said that there's more than one reveal glass?

Re: A NON Simple Technical Question

1. Hacks don't get transferred through Bank. Thing called a hack checker to keep cheater like you from doing well.
2. Items also don't get transferred through bank. Don't know why but they don't.
3. This really shouldn't even be on Bulbapedia seeing as hacks are against the rules. Even if you emailed this to Nintendo they would say they don't care because they were Pokemon you cheated for.

In the process of breeding for a shiny charmander or I'd check myself, but can Deerling/Sawsbuck pass down their seasonal forms through breeding in X/Y? Read somewhere they could just now but would appreciate some verification.
Yes they can. I bred my Winter Sawsbuck I transferred from 5th Gen and the baby was a Winter Deerling. The same holds true for the others.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom