• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

OK here's the deal.

I'm forging my XY team and I've decided to have Venasaur on there as my grass type, poison comes in handy for Fairy aswell, and I want to Mega Evolve it for the super useful thick fat Ability, but that would mean my Lucario's (Bullet Punch, EVs in Attack and Speed, Physical Sweeper) Lucarionite is moot.

So is Lucario still going to make a splash without mega evo, or should I replace him with someone else?

I'm just wondering, in Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs, if you delete the save data, will all the Event Missions still be on there? And if so, can you re-send the gift if you delete the save data and complete the game again and play the mission again? 'Cause I want to get another Heatran...

The missions will still be there, but you won't be able to get another copy of the Pokémon.

OK here's the deal.

I'm forging my XY team and I've decided to have Venasaur on there as my grass type, poison comes in handy for Fairy aswell, and I want to Mega Evolve it for the super useful thick fat Ability, but that would mean my Lucario's (Bullet Punch, EVs in Attack and Speed, Physical Sweeper) Lucarionite is moot.

So is Lucario still going to make a splash without mega evo, or should I replace him with someone else?

Lucario's still a good Pokémon, especially if you've trained it well as it sounds like you have. You should be fine keeping it on your team.

Also, having more than one Pokémon that can Mega Evolve on one team isn't necessarily a bad thing. I know you can only Mega Evolve one of them per battle, but it can give you more flexibility in which one you choose. Need a powerful Physical Sweeper to take down opponents? Mega-evolve Lucario. Need a strong tank with Special moves and decent bulk? Go for Mega Venusaur.

I'm interested in transferring some female Pokemon with special Pokeballs from my older games to X/Y so that their offspring will keep their Pokeballs. My question is thus: how do I go about transferring from the earlier games to the current generation without losing the Pokeballs? I'm sure there must be a guide somewhere but I can't find one that specifically mentions Pokeballs being preserved.

So I've been trying to hunt down a copy of HeartGold since about January or February, and am having a hard time. The only four sites I can find with copies of HeartGold are Amazon, Gamestop, Play-Asia, and Newegg. I have zero experience with Newegg, Gamestop lists the game but doesn't have it for sale around me (can't buy online, and only shows "new" copies, no used), Amazon is consistently $60 for new and $50 for used, and Play-Asia only has copies of the Japanese version available right now, for $62-something. (ebay has the game for sale, but I'm too nervous to use ebay lol)

Okay, so, $60 seems a bit much for me, but then again it's for NEW copies of the game...I know Pokemon is a VERY popular series so trying to buy older games for the series would be rather difficult. So my question is, is that $60 a fair price and not a rip off? Like I'm not made of money...and actually the two cheapest prices right now are $66 with $3.99 shipping or $64 with $5.99 shipping. ): The cheapest used prices on Amazon are $53 or $56 with $3.99 shipping (the $56 seller has better ratings). But that's for ONLY a cart...I feel spending 40-60 for JUST a cart is a huge rip off, but maybe my standards are too high? I've never bought a Pokemon game so far away from its release date before, so I need some second opinions if anyone has advice. I know prices for these older games can fluctuate, and I can be patient, but buying a DS Professor Layton game in 2014 is different from buying DS Pokemon games... (Hey Unwound Future can you jump back down to $10 please lol)

So in sum, are there any other websites selling this (that will ship to US) that I missed, and are there cheaper prices available than almost $70 for new and $50 for ONLY a cart?

I know this isn't about gameplay, so I apologize if this is considered off topic.

EDIT: Okay I forgot Best Buy also lists the game on their site, used for $19.99, which I would totally buy buuuut not available in stores near me / can't get online. ):

Last edited:

I'm just wondering, but I want to use Pokemon Bank, but I haven't picked up my Celebi yet from Pokemon Link (available when you first turn on the game on the Main Menu with Continue and stuff), so if I use it, and I get BP or Pokemiles, or in the future, maybe other Pokemon, will it delete Celebi if I haven't picked it up yet? 'Cause I don't know if I want to pick it up just yet…

Also… Meginum can't learn Giga Drain in Pokemon X and Y by anything? Is it only a Move Tutor Move or T.M. in earlier Generations? Has anyone tried to breed Giga Drain onto it?

Last edited:

I'm interested in transferring some female Pokemon with special Pokeballs from my older games to X/Y so that their offspring will keep their Pokeballs. My question is thus: how do I go about transferring from the earlier games to the current generation without losing the Pokeballs? I'm sure there must be a guide somewhere but I can't find one that specifically mentions Pokeballs being preserved.
You mean the PokeBall they are caught in? They stay in the same Ball through the transfer process, they dont lose it.
I'm just wondering, but I want to use Pokemon Bank, but I haven't picked up my Celebi yet from Pokemon Link (available when you first turn on the game on the Main Menu with Continue and stuff), so if I use it, and I get BP or Pokemiles, or in the future, maybe other Pokemon, will it delete Celebi if I haven't picked it up yet? 'Cause I don't know if I want to pick it up just yet…

Also… Meginum can't learn Giga Drain in Pokemon X and Y by anything? Is it only a Move Tutor Move or T.M. in earlier Generations? Has anyone tried to breed Giga Drain onto it?

If you use Pokemon Link to get the Celebi, it will be sent straight to your box in your X/Y game, I think you may need to do that before collecting any PokeMiles or Battle Points, you wont lose those, you can choose not to send those to Pokemon Link right away and you'll keep collecting them if you dont take them until you decide to send them to your game.

You can't "lose" the Pokeball type. Just make sure you are transferring the original female and not, say, her Daycare offspring (who are always given standard Pokeballs in previous generations).

Wait, so when you use Pokemon Link to get Celebi into your game or whatever, that it goes straight to one of your boxs, and not the delivery girl or guy (I think they changed it up in Pokemon X and Y)? So basically though too, I can't like reset or whatever to get decent or average IVs and an okay Nature?
If so for both or whatever, should I just send it over right now?
@Shiny Celebi;

Wait, so when you use Pokemon Link to get Celebi into your game or whatever, that it goes straight to one of your boxs, and not the delivery girl or guy (I think they changed it up in Pokemon X and Y)? So basically though too, I can't like reset or whatever to get decent or average IVs and an okay Nature?
If so for both or whatever, should I just send it over right now?
@Shiny Celebi;

I dunno if it can be reset, once it sends the Celebi to the box I think if you reset the game you will lose it since Pokemon Bank already gave it. Not sure I would try it tbh. You can send it whenever you like.

In Gen II, what are the chances of a Pokemon Swam happening? ...Is it done by an algorithm, is it completely random? What are the game mechanics of a swam happening?

How does soft resetting interact with breeding? I'm currently breeding for shiny Pokémon with the Masuda method. I save in front of the Day Care Man with an empty party and there's no egg waiting. Then I just bike up and down Route 7 until I have five eggs, hatch them all, then soft reset if none of them were shiny. Have I been doing something wrong?

How does soft resetting interact with breeding? I'm currently breeding for shiny Pokémon with the Masuda method. I save in front of the Day Care Man with an empty party and there's no egg waiting. Then I just bike up and down Route 7 until I have five eggs, hatch them all, then soft reset if none of them were shiny. Have I been doing something wrong?

whether or not the pokemon in the eggs are shiny is determined when you receive the egg

whether or not the pokemon in the eggs are shiny are determined when you receive the egg
So my routine (with no eggs at all between resets) should ensure I get five 'fresh' eggs each time I reset?

Why exactly are you soft resetting though? I don't exactly see how it helps.
To save a little time. Since I can run through twenty to thirty eggs in an hour, having to go back to the PC to drop off five eggs each run adds up over time. Should I just deal with the hassle instead?

Why exactly are you soft resetting though? I don't exactly see how it helps.
To save a little time. Since I can run through twenty to thirty eggs in an hour, having to go back to the PC to drop off five eggs each run adds up over time. Should I just deal with the hassle instead?
Well, either way would work, so it doesn't really matter.

So I've been trying to hunt down a copy of HeartGold since about January or February, and am having a hard time. The only four sites I can find with copies of HeartGold are Amazon, Gamestop, Play-Asia, and Newegg. I have zero experience with Newegg, Gamestop lists the game but doesn't have it for sale around me (can't buy online, and only shows "new" copies, no used), Amazon is consistently $60 for new and $50 for used, and Play-Asia only has copies of the Japanese version available right now, for $62-something. (ebay has the game for sale, but I'm too nervous to use ebay lol)

Okay, so, $60 seems a bit much for me, but then again it's for NEW copies of the game...I know Pokemon is a VERY popular series so trying to buy older games for the series would be rather difficult. So my question is, is that $60 a fair price and not a rip off? Like I'm not made of money...and actually the two cheapest prices right now are $66 with $3.99 shipping or $64 with $5.99 shipping. ): The cheapest used prices on Amazon are $53 or $56 with $3.99 shipping (the $56 seller has better ratings). But that's for ONLY a cart...I feel spending 40-60 for JUST a cart is a huge rip off, but maybe my standards are too high? I've never bought a Pokemon game so far away from its release date before, so I need some second opinions if anyone has advice. I know prices for these older games can fluctuate, and I can be patient, but buying a DS Professor Layton game in 2014 is different from buying DS Pokemon games... (Hey Unwound Future can you jump back down to $10 please lol)

So in sum, are there any other websites selling this (that will ship to US) that I missed, and are there cheaper prices available than almost $70 for new and $50 for ONLY a cart?

I know this isn't about gameplay, so I apologize if this is considered off topic.

EDIT: Okay I forgot Best Buy also lists the game on their site, used for $19.99, which I would totally buy buuuut not available in stores near me / can't get online. ):

I know that I've seen it in GameStop for $49.99 used w/o packaging before. Considering they're still selling it at full value 4 years after it came out, I don't see you easily finding it cheaper. You might, though.

So my routine (with no eggs at all between resets) should ensure I get five 'fresh' eggs each time I reset?
Yes, but it actually takes more time to SR than to drop them off in the PC. (Wonder Trading them off takes longer still, but at least avoids euthanizing them.)

...not that the difference is very much compared to the time required to actually hatch five eggs, but....

Last edited:

whether or not the pokemon in the eggs are shiny are determined when you receive the egg

Yeah, you'll get fresh eggs. I prefer this method in doing Masuda and got a few shinies from it. :)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom