• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Roseli Berry Mystery and Ultra Rare Soda level

So apparently in a guide, the Roseli berry is listed as an ingredient for making Ultra Rare soda, which raises a Pokémon's level up by 4-5 levels (but skips level up moves and evoltuions)

The thing is, I have tried every berry combination except for the Starf Berry (which is needed to make normal Rare Soda) Enigma Berry Micle Berry Custap Berry Jaboca Berry and Rowap Berry. So far 5/6 berries listed there are not obtainable through normal game play to my knowledge. I only listed them due to their inclusion on the Gen VI section of the berry wiki article.

So...does anyone have the Starf berry to mix with the Roseli berry to see if it is the combination needed, or does someone (or hacker) have the other berries and could possibly try mixing the Roseli berry with them?

Also, has anyone come across a higher level Ultra Rare soda?

So far i know there is one that raises the level of a Pokémon by 4 and another by 5. Is there a 6-10 or so?

Learning how to make the Ultra Rare Soda, and if there is a higher level than 5 would be a wonderful treasure of knowledge for gamers, especially those trying to lv up their Pokémon.

Ultra Rare Soda can only be purchased, not made, and 5 levels is the highest it can go. Only if Starf is mixed with a Lansat would you get a Rare Soda; any other berry, and Starf is treated like a green Berry. Also, the Roseli Berry is treated like the other 17 damage-reducing Berries.

One of the guides lists the Roseli Berry as an ingredient for Ultra Rare Soda. http://i.imgur.com/JPFPZAh.jpg

I was asking if the Starf Berry was the 2nd Ingredient, or if it was a one of the other berries I listed.

I have all the berries except the Starf Berry, Enigma Berry Micle Berry Custap Berry Jaboca Berry and Rowap Berry so I was unable to mix them to see if they were the 2nd ingredient.

If your guide was correct, it's most likely the second ingredient wasn't released yet.

Did you mix the Roseli and Starf berries?

Couldn't, since I have no access to Starf Berries. You might want to ask someone else. Bulbapedia says there's no way to get the Ultra Rare Soda by mixing.

Edit: If you want, we could bring it up on the appropriate talk page to see whether the guide is right or wrong.

Bulbapedia is not a reliable source, it's only as good as the info used to make the articles. If there is no info on the subject, it treats it as not existing until the info is acquired. Heck, the games were out for 2 months and the Time article still had no info on the gen VI games until I brought it up. And the Info on making Rare soda only fairly recently came onto the page.

I too have no access to the Starf Berry

I have brought it up on both The Roseli berry & the Lumiose City talk pages. thus far it has been ignored. I came here hoping to get a wider audience from gamers who do have the berry or even a hacker that has the other berries listed.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

You could make a request for the Starf Berry in the Trade Station. Similar held-item trade requests are made all the time and are fairly successful.

You could make a request for the Starf Berry in the Trade Station. Similar held-item trade requests are made all the time and are fairly successful.

I have made many requests, they are usually always ignored on the GTS. I only have the Lansat berry thanks to finding a Hacked Lv. 18 Japanese Seismitoad on the GTS that someone wanted a legit Seismitoad for.

Anyways, I have a new Question.

Question: What do the "tags" look like for the girl clothing items, and what kind of "fanfare" and "animation" do they produce?

Each piece of clothing has a "tag" with a color/pattern on it that designate their style or category of clothing. Also each style has its own "Animation" and "Fanfare" that plays when that style is represented on the player the most. I know for the boy's we have Casual (Blue), Tropical (Orange), Leather (Black), Rainbow (Rainbow) and Cardboard (Brown) tag items.

Casual tag items are usually cool color items, and their fanfare is a...I guess a pop-rock fanfare with a mirror ball sparkle animation. Tropical tag items are usually warm, bright color items with a rainbow color animation and tropical music fanfare. Leather tag items are the expensive designer items bought in Lumiose City. Wearing lots of these items will have a swirling music note animation and Jazz-Blues fanfare play. The Rainbow tagged Bamboo Sprig Hat will always overwrite the other items, and cause a rainbow colored laser light show effect animation with Jazz-fusion fanfare. All socks and hat accessories are cardboard tagged items. They are completely optional and removable (unlike the other clothing items), having no effect over the fanfare whatsoever from what I have seen.

I am fairly certain the girls have "Red" instead of "Orange" (Tropical) based on the clothing article stating that female players have to wear a lot of "red" tag items to get the Sundae Dress, whereas boys must wear lots of "orange" tag items. However, beyond all that, I know nothing about the girl clothing items since I am playing the game as a boy (and do not intend to restart any time soon)

I have made many requests, they are usually always ignored on the GTS. I only have the Lansat berry thanks to finding a Hacked Lv. 18 Japanese Seismitoad on the GTS that someone wanted a legit Seismitoad for.
Oh, sorry I should have been more clear. I meant you could post a request in Bulbagarden's Trade Station. Surely someone around here has Starf Berries to trade. :)

Oh, sorry I should have been more clear. I meant you could post a request in Bulbagarden's Trade Station. Surely someone around here has Starf Berries to trade. :)

Oh ok, lol.

Yeah that board is how I got 718 mon in my dex before bank came out. Thanks for reminding me about it, I will go there right away and ask. Saves me the trouble of battling 200 battles in the battle mason.

Is this Platinum Cartridge a fake ?

Hi ,

Hope this is the right section to post in.

I wanted to start getting back into pokemon and so bought pokemon platinum from eBay. The reason I bought it from eBay is because it said SEALED brand new and had a 30 days return policy. Thought why not.

Anyway , I am pretty sure the manual is fake as the page numbers are not in the same position.

The only reason I am suspicious about the Cartridge is that it says 'Licensed' by between the 'The Pokemon Company' and the 'Nintendo'. I am afraid I can not test it out as I am not getting a DS untill the end of the month.

Any feedback would be appreciated , I believe it is the USA copy.

P1040167.JPG P1040166.JPG

Re: Is this Platinum Cartridge a fake ?

Hi ,

I wanted to start getting back into pokemon and so bought pokemon platinum from eBay. The reason I bought it from eBay is because it said SEALED brand new and had a 30 days return policy. Thought why not.

Anyway , I am pretty sure the manual is fake as the page numbers are not in the same position.

The only reason I am suspicious about the Cartridge is that it says 'Licensed' by between the 'The Pokemon Company' and the 'Nintendo'. I am afraid I can not test it out as I am not getting a DS untill the end of the month.

View attachment 93363View attachment 93364
Everything about it looks legit except for that. My legit Platinum cartridge does not say "licensed by" anywhere on it. Ebay from what I understand has a lot of fake games.

Hi ,

View attachment 93363View attachment 93364
Everything about it looks legit except for that. My legit Platinum cartridge does not say "licensed by" anywhere on it. Ebay from what I understand has a lot of fake games.

Thanks , I may raise this with the seller. Any more feedback , I should hopefully have a friends DS by tomoro to check it out. I really dont want to complete this only for it to crash at the end ! :(

I have a question regarding the Masuda method; I couldn't find any answers anywhere.
So, from GTS I got a Ditto from Spain, and a Larvesta (I dont know its region of origin), and I'm trying to shiny breed the Larvesta. So if I breed the Larvesta, and lets call its offspring Larvesta A, and then use Larvesta A as the new breeder for all other Larvestas, does the Masuda method apply to that? I was told it requires one Pokemon from another country, and one that was from the game you are currently breeding in.

@k.mca On my US Platinum cartridge, the Nintento text below The Pokemon Company is black, but on your picture it's red. The red and black "lines" in the background on mine are also more...streaky? They aren't just a completely filled in line, but kinda fade out as they get closer to the white background. If that makes sense. So because of those differences it does seem to be a fake cartridge. Maybe it'll still work even if it's a bootleg? |D Good luck!

@k.mca On my US Platinum cartridge, the Nintento text below The Pokemon Company is black, but on your picture it's red. The red and black "lines" in the background on mine are also more...streaky? They aren't just a completely filled in line, but kinda fade out as they get closer to the white background. If that makes sense. So because of those differences it does seem to be a fake cartridge. Maybe it'll still work even if it's a bootleg? |D Good luck!

Thanks just noticed that , would you mind looking at this ( POKEMON PLATINUM VERSION AND MARIO PARTY DS GAME CARD FOR DS, DSL,DSI,3DS 045496740184 | eBay ) is that the same as yours ? Will hopefully be testing it out tomorrow going to borrow a friends DS.

Unfortunately that looks fake too ):

Can't take a pic of my game but this pic looks just like it http://cdn2.sulitstatic.com/images/...10468c251a38df97558691020858b76ab3df80f5b.jpg Maybe you can understand the "streaky" comment I made earlier if that was confusing? Also, notice the white space between "Pokemon" and "Platinum Version"? On the ebay listing, the white isn't there.

Actually from your link I saw this listing with a way bigger picture POKEMON PLATINUM VERSION DS for Nintendo DS, Cartridge only 045496740184 | eBay This cartridge really resembles mine: has that white space, the streaky lines, the spacing and color of "the Pokemon Company" and "Nintendo" all looks the same. Man ebay is a headache lol.

Unfortunately that looks fake too ):

Can't take a pic of my game but this pic looks just like it http://cdn2.sulitstatic.com/images/...10468c251a38df97558691020858b76ab3df80f5b.jpg Maybe you can understand the "streaky" comment I made earlier if that was confusing? Also, notice the white space between "Pokemon" and "Platinum Version"? On the ebay listing, the white isn't there.

Actually from your link I saw this listing with a way bigger picture POKEMON PLATINUM VERSION DS for Nintendo DS, Cartridge only 045496740184 | eBay This cartridge really resembles mine: has that white space, the streaky lines, the spacing and color of "the Pokemon Company" and "Nintendo" all looks the same. Man ebay is a headache lol.

Yeaaa it is. Was too good to be true worth a shot thought.

Thanks very much for your help , eBay is a pain but its much better than paying £40 ( current amazon marketplace price , probs be fake too ha ) ! Gonna go for that £10 one cheers !

Out of interest what sort of experience would I have with a fake game ? When I go to trade up the generations would it just not work at all ?

So keep in mind I have zero personal experience with bootlegs, just read about them online, but I think some bootlegs work fine, and then some just have bugs that could cause you to not finish a game or lose a save, but not always. The bugs wouldn't be there maliciously, just due to poor programming or what have you. Older games got wonky translations and would even have a completely different game on them than advertised, but I don't know if DS or other newer bootlegs are like that. I mostly know about NES ~ GBA era bootlegs. (if you want a laugh, go look up Vietnamese Crystal)

The biggest thing concerning Pokemon is that even if there doesn't seem to be any "game breaking bugs", the materials used and the way the bootleg cartridge was manufactured is rather cheap. Batteries are really important for a Pokemon game, so basically with a bootleg you could lose your save a lot sooner than you would with a legit cartridge. I've seen pictures of bootleg Gen 1-3 Pokemon games with the innards put in so badly, it's no surprise the battery dies so fast. Or imagine dropping the cartridge on the hard floor and jostling the insides enough to make the game no longer work. Again, I have less knowledge with DS games.

If the game was functioning and you wanted to trade a Pokemon from bootleg!Platinum to legit!SoulSilver or legit!Black I don't see why it wouldn't work. They're supposed to be the same game as a legit cartridge, it just might be crafted poorly on the bootleg. If there were any issues, I think the two games just wouldn't be able to connect to each other. I'd actually be surprised if it couldn't work though.

Hope you can get that £10 man, good luck :D

So keep in mind I have zero personal experience with bootlegs, just read about them online, but I think some bootlegs work fine, and then some just have bugs that could cause you to not finish a game or lose a save, but not always. The bugs wouldn't be there maliciously, just due to poor programming or what have you. Older games got wonky translations and would even have a completely different game on them than advertised, but I don't know if DS or other newer bootlegs are like that. I mostly know about NES ~ GBA era bootlegs. (if you want a laugh, go look up Vietnamese Crystal)

The biggest thing concerning Pokemon is that even if there doesn't seem to be any "game breaking bugs", the materials used and the way the bootleg cartridge was manufactured is rather cheap. Batteries are really important for a Pokemon game, so basically with a bootleg you could lose your save a lot sooner than you would with a legit cartridge. I've seen pictures of bootleg Gen 1-3 Pokemon games with the innards put in so badly, it's no surprise the battery dies so fast. Or imagine dropping the cartridge on the hard floor and jostling the insides enough to make the game no longer work. Again, I have less knowledge with DS games.

If the game was functioning and you wanted to trade a Pokemon from bootleg!Platinum to legit!SoulSilver or legit!Black I don't see why it wouldn't work. They're supposed to be the same game as a legit cartridge, it just might be crafted poorly on the bootleg. If there were any issues, I think the two games just wouldn't be able to connect to each other. I'd actually be surprised if it couldn't work though.

Hope you can get that £10 man, good luck :D

Got a full refund on the Platinum and got to keep the 'fake' case so thats good. Bought the real one for £10 so rather happy. Thanks for your help.

Incase anyone is in the same situation as me I have just found this , http://tinyurl.com/m5dymxt , really good guide :)

Do the legendary birds and version exclusive legendaries count towards completing the Kalos dex and getting the oval charm?

I have a question regarding the Masuda method; I couldn't find any answers anywhere.
So, from GTS I got a Ditto from Spain, and a Larvesta (I dont know its region of origin), and I'm trying to shiny breed the Larvesta. So if I breed the Larvesta, and lets call its offspring Larvesta A, and then use Larvesta A as the new breeder for all other Larvestas, does the Masuda method apply to that? I was told it requires one Pokemon from another country, and one that was from the game you are currently breeding in.
You just need 2 different language Pokemon. It should work as long as they are two different languages.

You would need to breed Larvesta A with the Ditto, to be specific. As in, not the two Larvesta as Larvesta A and the other Larvesta (assuming it's from your region) will not be using the Masuda method.

Question: What do the "tags" look like for the girl clothing items, and what kind of "fanfare" and "animation" do they produce?

Each piece of clothing has a "tag" with a color/pattern on it that designate their style or category of clothing. Also each style has its own "Animation" and "Fanfare" that plays when that style is represented on the player the most. I know for the boy's we have Casual (Blue), Tropical (Orange), Leather (Black), Rainbow (Rainbow) and Cardboard (Brown) tag items.

Casual tag items are usually cool color items, and their fanfare is a...I guess a pop-rock fanfare with a mirror ball sparkle animation. Tropical tag items are usually warm, bright color items with a rainbow color animation and tropical music fanfare. Leather tag items are the expensive designer items bought in Lumiose City. Wearing lots of these items will have a swirling music note animation and Jazz-Blues fanfare play. The Rainbow tagged Bamboo Sprig Hat will always overwrite the other items, and cause a rainbow colored laser light show effect animation with Jazz-fusion fanfare. All socks and hat accessories are cardboard tagged items. They are completely optional and removable (unlike the other clothing items), having no effect over the fanfare whatsoever from what I have seen.

I am fairly certain the girls have "Red" instead of "Orange" (Tropical) based on the clothing article stating that female players have to wear a lot of "red" tag items to get the Sundae Dress, whereas boys must wear lots of "orange" tag items. However, beyond all that, I know nothing about the girl clothing items since I am playing the game as a boy (and do not intend to restart any time soon)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom