• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

What happens with friend safaris when you have 2 different games on the same 3DS? I started a game on my New Y version and I don't see any of my 3DS friends... Also, will my friends see both of my game's OTs in their safaris?

Thank you

Does anyone know what (Ivs, ability gender etc) is determined the moment an egg is generated, received and hatched?

definitely not hatched, but it is probably generated.

I was asking what parts of a pokemon are determined when the egg is generated (waiting for you to pick it up from the daycare man) and what is then determined when you pick it up. There was a time (I think 4th gen) where gender and ability was determined when the egg is made but the Ivs are not and are determined when you pick up the egg. I'm hoping there is still some semblance of that in this generation.

From what I understand everything EXCEPT IV's are generated when the egg is made. The IV's are then determined when you pick it up. I was reading this "egg trick" that described it earlier.

Do you know if that applies to X and Y?

I think I might've discovered a new move, or at least one I haven't heard of before. Like every day, I go to Hotel Richissime for the daily task of taking room service orders, make beds or find lost items. Well, today I picked room service and you all know how that goes, you must remember: "Nature"-"Berry"-"Fancy Meal"-"Attack name". Well, on one such occasion I found the attack name "Hold Hands". Would someone be so kind as to tell me what it does and what Pokemon can use it? Thank you.

I think I might've discovered a new move, or at least one I haven't heard of before. Like every day, I go to Hotel Richissime for the daily task of taking room service orders, make beds or find lost items. Well, today I picked room service and you all know how that goes, you must remember: "Nature"-"Berry"-"Fancy Meal"-"Attack name". Well, on one such occasion I found the attack name "Hold Hands". Would someone be so kind as to tell me what it does and what Pokemon can use it? Thank you.

I did a Google search, and none of the big pokemon sites have this information. The only possibility I can think of is that it is the signature move of one of the event pokemons that aren't released/distributed yet.

I did a Google search, and none of the big pokemon sites have this information. The only possibility I can think of is that it is the signature move of one of the event pokemons that aren't released/distributed yet.

I don't think so. I checked the forum that speculated on Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion and their signature moves are called Diamond Storm (Diancie), Hyperspace Hole (Hoopa) and Steam Eruption (Volcanion). I got this from here:
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f323/diancie-volcanion-hoopa-leaked-rumor-157662/index26.html
It's post #379. It's been pretty accurate with Diancie and its signature move so far, so I have no reason to believe it's not the same with the others.

I don't think so. I checked the forum that speculated on Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion and their signature moves are called Diamond Storm (Diancie), Hyperspace Hole (Hoopa) and Steam Eruption (Volcanion). I got this from here:
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f323/diancie-volcanion-hoopa-leaked-rumor-157662/index26.html
It's post #379. It's been pretty accurate with Diancie and its signature move so far, so I have no reason to believe it's not the same with the others.

Who says they're the only event pokemon yet to be released? There could be more in the future.

Who says they're the only event pokemon yet to be released? There could be more in the future.

It could be that the move "Hold Hands" is an event-specific move for a Pokémon we already know, like how event Inkay came with Happy Hour and the event Celebi came with Hold Back.

Hi everyone:) I'm new here. I see people saying they can PM each other to trade pokemon. How does trading actually work online here?

Hi everyone:) I'm new here. I see people saying they can PM each other to trade pokemon. How does trading actually work online here?

On the forums you mean? This is the section you want to go to:Bulbagarden Global Trade Station. Make sure to read all the rules of that section. Then, choose the subforum for what you'd like. The Wanted Station is where you can make a thread asking for something you want and Offering Station is where you can offer Pokemon you have for trade. Hope that helps.

What happens with friend safaris when you have 2 different games on the same 3DS? I started a game on my New Y version and I don't see any of my 3DS friends... Also, will my friends see both of my game's OTs in their safaris?

Thank you

Whenever you are both online, it will add them to your friends list one by one. It will also only show whichever OT you are playing/played as last.

I had that same question a couple of months ago. :p

What's the chance of offspring inheriting hidden abilities if breeding with ditto?

How can you tell if a Pokemon has perfect IVs?

I don't believe my Pokemon's IVs are too good anyway, but I'm gonna try to evolve it.

But how exactly can you tell if the IVs are good or not?

I am not a picky shiny IV trader, but I kind of want this one Pokemon to be kind of...well, perfect?

I have a female Pichu I just hatched, and its stats are:

ATTACK: 5
DEFENSE: 5
SP. ATK: 5
SP. DEF: 5
SPEED: 6

Is this...neutral? They aren't perfect 6 IVs, but most of them are matching.
Forgive me if I've been mistaken with this. I am new to the IV stuff, and never paid much attention to the IVs.
Please don't say I'm stupid or anything, I will not appreciate that attitude. Thanks.

Its nature is Bold, by the way. I want this Pichu to be a nice, strong female Pikachu.

What's the chance of offspring inheriting hidden abilities if breeding with ditto?

Same as when breeding with any other Pokémon: 60% for HA's, 20% for regular ability 1, 20% for regular ability 2. If the Pokémon has only one regular ability, ability slots 1 and 2 will contain the same ability, so the chance for a HA baby will remain 60%.

Ditto does not influence these percentages

Does anyone know which berry gives the most EV points when made into a Juice? (for any of the stats)

Because I've been trying a few, and there seems to be a set point for each berry. According to bulbapedia, the intensity of the effects are roughly pre-determined; the rarer the berry is, the higher the EV it will give. And since the most points we can get is 32 EVs by buying, hopefully, we can create one that gives 32 EVs.

The question being, which berry?

Re: How can you tell if a Pokemon has perfect IVs?

I don't believe my Pokemon's IVs are too good anyway, but I'm gonna try to evolve it.

I am not a picky shiny IV trader, but I kind of want this one Pokemon to be kind of...well, perfect?

Forgive me if I've been mistaken with this. I am new to the IV stuff, and never paid much attention to the IVs.
Please don't say I'm stupid or anything, I will not appreciate that attitude. Thanks.

Its nature is Bold, by the way. I want this Pichu to be a nice, strong female Pikachu.

You check IVs by showing the Pokémon to the stats judge. His Bulbapedia article has all you need. The level 1 stats of a Pokémon have little significance; you may sometimes be able to make some rough estimates of IVs from them but nothing definite.

Also, it's a simple question so you should've posted in the appropriate thread instead.

Last edited:

Stat Judge in the post game, otherwise you can use one of the EV calculators mentioned above.

Go to Kiloude City Pokemon Center and talk to the person over on the left, he will be able to give you an estimate of your Pokemon's IV total and which IVs are the highest. Use this to help equate his statements with numerical values. IVs range from 0-31 so depending on what numbers you get you can tell where Pichu's IV spread lies.

While the nature (+Def, -Atk) isn't detrimental to Pikachu/Raichu's main stats (Special Attack & Speed) it's not the best either. If you do decide to hatch for another one I'd suggest using a Modest/Timid parent holding an Everstone.

IVs are a hidden factor that goes into the calculation of a Pokemon's stats. There's one for each stat, and each IV can range from 0 to 31.

However the contribution of IVs is proportional to level. Say you have two freshly hatched (Lv.1) Pokemon of the same species. One has IVs of 0 while the other has IVs of 31 (they are otherwise identical). At Lv.1, you probably won't see any difference in stats between them, because the difference is only 0.31 at this level. But get both of those Pokemon up to Lv.10 and you will see a 3-point difference between their stats. By level 20, it's become a 6-point difference. And so on.

The only way to tell IVs for sure is you have to talk to the guy in Kiloude City's Pokemon Center. It is possible to determine them experimentally, but only after the Pokemon's reached a high level (Lv.50 or 100) and it requires crunching a lot of numbers.

Does anyone know which berry gives the most EV points when made into a Juice? (for any of the stats)

Because I've been trying a few, and there seems to be a set point for each berry. According to bulbapedia, the intensity of the effects are roughly pre-determined; the rarer the berry is, the higher the EV it will give. And since the most points we can get is 32 EVs by buying, hopefully, we can create one that gives 32 EVs.

The question being, which berry?

Seeing as how the Kee and Maranga berries make the Empty Soup, I'm not sure if they'd be the highest, but they are the rarest of the available berries. Otherwise, I'd think the Liechi, Ganlon, Salac, Petaya, and Apicot are the rarest ones available, so they'd likely have the highest EV yield.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom