• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

None of my current friends have a Friend Safari with a Hoothoot in it. I'm looking for a shiny and after over 700 hundred hatched eggs with the Masuda Method, I want to switch it up my approach and try the Friend Safari since it apparently has a good track record.

So, my simple question is, where/how should I post on this forum to try and connect w/ someone who has a Hoothoot in their Friend Safari? I ... don't see a thread for that purpose.

None of my current friends have a Friend Safari with a Hoothoot in it. I'm looking for a shiny and after over 700 hundred hatched eggs with the Masuda Method, I want to switch it up my approach and try the Friend Safari since it apparently has a good track record.

So, my simple question is, where/how should I post on this forum to try and connect w/ someone who has a Hoothoot in their Friend Safari? I ... don't see a thread for that purpose.

I would check out the Friend code sharing thread:
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=156700
If you look I believe that you can find somebody with a Hoothoot who will add you even if it is only just for the safari. If you have a decent FS yourself, you can try to use that as a bartering chip.

I heard, in Gen 4 that you can Sycronize the Roamer Pokemon (like Cressilia or Mespirit), but only if you lead with a Sycronizer when you first meet it so it starts roaming, because I also heard too, that the Nature and IVs are automanically set when you first meet it. Do you know what I mean?

Also, another question. For the Battle Tower/Subway for doing a Wi-fi challenge, when you beat 7 people and rank up, do you need to download another set to challenge the next rank, or what?

Last edited:

Has anyone found out what the tipping is all about?

Has anyone found out what the tipping is all about?

I believe it raises your poshn- I mean style. I *might* be wrong though. Going to the pokeball selling place and buyimg a lot is a lot more effective if that's the case.

From what I understand tipping just attributes to a medal on the PGL.

If a Mantyke and a Remoraid are in a party, and both of them level up, Remoraid to a point that it would evolve into Octillery, would Mantyke still evolve?

If a Mantyke and a Remoraid are in a party, and both of them level up, Remoraid to a point that it would evolve into Octillery, would Mantyke still evolve?

Well, if remoraid evolves first you will have to cancel until mantyke evolves. Most likely. Might be mistaken.

Well, if remoraid evolves first you will have to cancel until mantyke evolves. Most likely. Might be mistaken.

Might add to this that you can reorder your party so that Mantyke is before Remoraid to ensure it will evolve, since evolutions occur in the order the Pokémon themselves are.

No, Remoraid must not evolve.

Where can I get dusk stones?
If you've already used what you get in game, you can get extra dusk stones from Secret Super Training (Watch Out! That's One Tricky Second Half!), the Psychic Inver on route 18, or on the pokemon Global Link website through the balloon popping game in the pokemileage club.

So what has priority, abilities or attacks?
Ex: Trace Porygon fighting Protean Froakie uses Conversion.

So what has priority, abilities or attacks?
Ex: Trace Porygon fighting Protean Froakie uses Conversion.

Protean always triggers immediately before the move takes place, so I see no reason for it to work otherwise there as well, thus leaving Conversion's effect active. Haven't tested, though.

Most abilities reacting to moves, such as Effect Spore, Static, etc., activate after the move, though.

Uh, does Shauna ever move after trading me the starter pokemon? She's standing in front of my house for weeks and I'm starting to feel pity for her, and I want to invite her inside the house so she doesn't have to stay outside all the time...

Its not wise to invite stalkers into your house >,>;;

Does anyone know which berry gives the most EV points when made into a Juice? (for any of the stats)

Because I've been trying a few, and there seems to be a set point for each berry. According to bulbapedia, the intensity of the effects are roughly pre-determined; the rarer the berry is, the higher the EV it will give. And since the most points we can get is 32 EVs by buying, hopefully, we can create one that gives 32 EVs.

The question being, which berry?

From mine and another person's research, berries come in 3 groups, these groups can be determined by how strong the EV is when two of the same berry is mixed. For example, a Cheri Berry mixed with another Cheri Berry results in a 4, while two Sitrus Berries result in a 8 and two Hondew Berries result in a 12. Cheri Berries are a group 1 berry, Sitrus a group 2 berry and Hondew is a group 3 berry.

Group 1 Same Berry = 4
Group 1 Berry x Group 1 Berry = 8
Group 1 Berry x Group 2 Berry = 16
Group 1 Berry x Group 3 Berry = 12
Group 1 Same Berry = 8
Group 2 Berry x Group 2 Berry = 16
Group 2 Berry x Group 3 Berry = 32
Group 3 Same Berry = 12
Group 3 Berry x Group 3 Berry = 32

Cheri and Leppa berries are a group 1 red berry, Occa, Chople and Haban group 2 red berry and Figy, Pomeg, Tamato, Liechi and Lansat are group 3 berries. So for example, Mixing a Chople berry with a Figy Berry would result in a 32 EV red juice.

Me and another person have been collecting and compiling data on the berries and the results will be posted on the wiki soon.

Its not wise to invite stalkers into your house >,>;;

Then they should at least let me date her so she'd stop stalking XD

Does anyone know which berry gives the most EV points when made into a Juice? (for any of the stats)

Because I've been trying a few, and there seems to be a set point for each berry. According to bulbapedia, the intensity of the effects are roughly pre-determined; the rarer the berry is, the higher the EV it will give. And since the most points we can get is 32 EVs by buying, hopefully, we can create one that gives 32 EVs.

The question being, which berry?

From mine and another person's research, berries come in 3 groups, these groups can be determined by how strong the EV is when two of the same berry is mixed. For example, a Cheri Berry mixed with another Cheri Berry results in a 4, while two Sitrus Berries result in a 8 and two Hondew Berries result in a 12. Cheri Berries are a group 1 berry, Sitrus a group 2 berry and Hondew is a group 3 berry.

Group 1 Same Berry = 4
Group 1 Berry x Group 1 Berry = 8
Group 1 Berry x Group 2 Berry = 16
Group 1 Berry x Group 3 Berry = 12
Group 1 Same Berry = 8
Group 2 Berry x Group 2 Berry = 16
Group 2 Berry x Group 3 Berry = 32
Group 3 Same Berry = 12
Group 3 Berry x Group 3 Berry = 32

Cheri and Leppa berries are a group 1 red berry, Occa, Chople and Haban group 2 red berry and Figy, Pomeg, Tamato, Liechi and Lansat are group 3 berries. So for example, Mixing a Chople berry with a Figy Berry would result in a 32 EV red juice.

Me and another person have been collecting and compiling data on the berries and the results will be posted on the wiki soon.
OMG Thank you so much for the information!!

Then by any chance, have you used the Starf Berry as well? What does it yield in Juice?

So where can I get a reliable supply of heart scales? I have so many moves that need fixing.

So where can I get a reliable supply of heart scales? I have so many moves that need fixing.

Go to Cyllage City (for instance) with an overlevelled Pokémon that knows Thief and has the ability Compoundeyes, use your Old Rod, knock out as many Luvdisc with your accurate thief as you can, and watch your hearty and scaly stash grow to unbelievable proportions!

There is normally a 50% chance that a wild Luvdisc is holding a Heart Scale (I believe) and Compoundeyes will increase that chance even further :thumbup:

You'll have a good amount of Scales after 10 minutes of fishing and thieving

Go to Cyllage City (for instance) with an overlevelled Pokémon that knows Thief and has the ability Compoundeyes, use your Old Rod, knock out as many Luvdisc with your accurate thief as you can, and watch your hearty and scaly stash grow to unbelievable proportions!

There is normally a 50% chance that a wild Luvdisc is holding a Heart Scale (I believe) and Compoundeyes will increase that chance even further :thumbup:

You'll have a good amount of Scales after 10 minutes of fishing and thieving

As an added note, if your Compound Eyes Pokémon of choice can't learn Thief or Covet, what you can do is have it faint, keep it in the lead slot, and put a Pokémon with Thief/Covet in the second slot (for an added bonus, use a Pokémon with Frisk such as Banette or Phantump to check for an item as soon as the battle starts). Compound Eyes' field effect works no matter whether the Pokémon is healthy or fainted, as long as it's in the first slot.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom