• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Keep in mind that that's on a per-Pokémon basis. That 5% chance (if that's the correct number, anyway) gets rolled 5 times, meaning the probability of finding a horde with at least 1 HA Pokémon in it is much higher.
About 67%, actually. (You just exponentiate the probability of it NOT happening by the # of tries, then subtract from 1.)

Online CO-OP?

Hello Bulba-friends.

So, in Gen 4 I was able to team up with a friend over (NON-local) wifi to battle against the CPU with 2v2 matches. We had such a blast. It was the most fun PKMN thing I've ever done. I think it was at the Battle Tower. Gen 5 had the Battle Subway but I think that was local only.

Gen 6 has the Battle Maison but it seems like that is also local only.

Can the Bulba-community confirm that there is absolutely no way to play online co-op in Gen 6?? I am pulling my hair out trying to find a way to play with online buddies against the CPU! HEEEELLLLLPP!!!

Re: Online CO-OP?

Hello Bulba-friends.

So, in Gen 4 I was able to team up with a friend over (NON-local) wifi to battle against the CPU with 2v2 matches. We had such a blast. It was the most fun PKMN thing I've ever done. I think it was at the Battle Tower. Gen 5 had the Battle Subway but I think that was local only.

Gen 6 has the Battle Maison but it seems like that is also local only.

Can the Bulba-community confirm that there is absolutely no way to play online co-op in Gen 6?? I am pulling my hair out trying to find a way to play with online buddies against the CPU! HEEEELLLLLPP!!!

As far as I know the only thing remembling it is teaming up with a friend for a multi battle over wi-fi and sending each other O-Powers.

... teaming up with a friend for a multi battle over wi-fi ...

Can you describe (in as much detail as possible) how this process works??
Its just like a regular wi-fi battle except it's 2 vs 2(doubles) You and someone else vs 2 other people battling over wi-fi.

Ah, but that's still versus other people and their IV-trained monsters. I was looking for me and a pal versus the CPU.

This, by the way, is why I didn't think this was gonna be a simple-answer kinda question simply because the methods of battling in X/Y are so varied and complex.

Question: If you breed a pokemon that knows 4 egg moves, but one of them gets deleted because of day care levelling, does it pass down the potential to relearn the fourth egg move through move relearner to the offspring? (this might be a stupid question, egg moves are a totally new concept to me o-o)

Question: If you breed a pokemon that knows 4 egg moves, but one of them gets deleted because of day care levelling, does it pass down the potential to relearn the fourth egg move through move relearner to the offspring? (this might be a stupid question, egg moves are a totally new concept to me o-o)
As long you don't take the two pokemon out of the day care the offspring will have whatever egg moves the parents had before you put them in the day care, it means the offspring will have those moves regardless if the parents forgot them while they are in the day care, now if you remove the parents and they forgot all the egg moves you have to teach those moves to them again in order for the offspring to get those moves.

Hello there fellow gamers, I have got two questions regarding the X/Y plot:
1. How is Fairy-type treated in X/Y? Everyone is pretending that it was always there, or is it a recent discovery?
2. Is there any evidence confirming/denying that during his wandering AZ had ever been outside Kalos?

Thank you in advance~!
As far as I know, I didnt notice anything about Fairy type being recently discovered. Also there was no mention at all of AZ going to any other region.

Fairly early on the two assistant people mention the Fairy type was recently discovered. One of them even shouts "IT TURNED THE WHOLE TYPE MATCHUP SYSTEM UPSIDE DOWN!". However, nobody else seems to care much.

The Fairy type is treated basically the same way Steel and Dark type were. In GS I'm pretty sure an NPC was like "Remember Magnemite and Magneton? Yeah they have the Steel type now and are awesomer."

So...not a retcon right? Or is it? #confused

The official story is that they re-examined how types were classified and found a new type. It doesn't really make sense game mechanics wise, but it's something that happens a lot in real life. It's always existed, but "scientifically" it wasn't noticed...which is kind of weird given that no one apparently noticed that Jigglypuff couldn't be hurt by Garchomp's Outrage.

The official story is that they re-examined how types were classified and found a new type. It doesn't really make sense game mechanics wise, but it's something that happens a lot in real life. It's always existed, but "scientifically" it wasn't noticed...which is kind of weird given that no one apparently noticed that Jigglypuff couldn't be hurt by Garchomp's Outrage.

Even Jigglypuff didn't know it couldn't be hurt by Outrage, so how was everyone else supposed to know? :p

Where can you get a Female Mr. Mime in Generation III Kanto???

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a legitimate way of getting a female Mr. Mime in Kanto's FireRed and Leaf Green versions. But the in-game trader on Route 2 only gives male Mr. Mimes for my Abras. I've even tried trading him a female Abra but to no avail.

Please help!:-(

Re: Where can you get a Female Mr. Mime in Generation III Kanto???

Find a Ditto (in the Cinnabar Pokémon Mansion), beat the league, go to the Day Care on the Sevii Islands and leave your Mr. Mime there with your Ditto

Then keep breeding till you get a female Barrierd :thumbup:

I don't know of a quicker way, sorry :/

Last edited:

Is there a list of all the obtainable berries in X&Y? and how to get them. I am missing a lot of super effective berries.

Is there a list of all the obtainable berries in X&Y? and how to get them. I am missing a lot of super effective berries.

Damage-reducing berries are typically won from Psychic Inver in Route 19 (assuming you did "very well" in battle, otherwise you only win Sitrus/Oran berries). Only a select few can be harvested from trees or received once from NPC's.

Questions on Elemental Gems

1) Will I get my Normal Gem back if it got used up in an NPC battle within the game?
2) I haven't tried yet, but I'm wondering if I can keep finding Normal Gems in the Terminal Cave in the same spot? or is it just that one?

Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

1) Can I get more than one normal gem out of terminal cave?
2) If my Pokemon uses the normal gem in an NPC battle within the game will I get it back at the end of the battle?

You can also try using air cutter, twister or blizzard during battles on certain routes if there is a tree in the background. Serebii.net has more information on which routes have which berries.

You can also try using air cutter, twister or blizzard during battles on certain routes if there is a tree in the background. Serebii.net has more information on which routes have which berries.
What is this?

Oh, here we are:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Natural_objects

Hi all. I haven't used the Friend Safari before and have a couple of questions. I hope they aren't too stupid, sorry if they are though!
I have 1 3DS and both X and Y, so is my Friend Safari the same? I know that it is based off of my 3DS friend code but I wonder if I will see all potential safari areas on both games?

Thanks.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom