• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: What theme (BGM) is this?

If I posted this in the wrong place, I apologize. This is my first time here on the forums.
So I was playing on Pokemon showdown when a theme played. I haven't played the recent Pokemon games so I had no idea what the theme was. It was a really nice theme. I recorded it and uploaded it here: Playing: pkmn.mp3 - picosong
Does anyone know the name of this theme? Thank you so much! :D

That's the Rival Battle music from Black 2/White 2.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Is there any reason not to just Mega Evolve in every battle?

1 - If you prefer the typing/ability of the normal form over its Mega, at least in the current battle (e.g. Absol losing Pressure/Super Luck, or Ampharos acquiring weaknesses to Dragon/Ice/Fairy)

2 - If you have several possible Megas on your team and aren't sure which Mega you want to utilize in the current battle -- remember, if your Mega gets KO'ed you can't send in another Mega to avenge it.

In addition to the above, you could also prefer the stats of a Pokemon prior to Mega Evolution.

Garchomp's Speed: 102 ---> Mega Garchomp's Speed: 92.

The speed drop is certainly not ideal considering the crucial speed tier Garchomp is in before Mega Evolving.

Oh wow. Mega Charizard X just gets better. You lose Flying, in case you wanted that, but that's all.

I am not sure if here's the right place to ask about that though, here seems like the very correct thread to me.

According to Serebii, there is going to be a Charizard event from 10th of August for the players in UK.

It says, the event offers a Charizard that will come with the Charizardite Y if you connect with Pokémon X or Charizardite X if you connect with Pokémon Y.

I have Pokémon X and I want to have Charizardite X. Would anyone want to trade that Charizard with Charizardite X?

I am not sure if here's the right place to ask about that though, here seems like the very correct thread to me.

According to Serebii, there is going to be a Charizard event from 10th of August for the players in UK.

It says, the event offers a Charizard that will come with the Charizardite Y if you connect with Pokémon X or Charizardite X if you connect with Pokémon Y.

I have Pokémon X and I want to have Charizardite X. Would anyone want to trade that Charizard with Charizardite X?

99% certain that someone will. But you'd get better success in the Wanted subforum of the Global Trade Station forum.

Trades go in the Bulbagarden Global Trade Station section, this is for game help questions mainly.

Sorry, I still get used to forum. I sure will.

99% certain that someone will. But you'd get better success in the Wanted subforum of the Global Trade Station forum.

It is possible to get Charizardite X in-game in X Version, though, so you wouldn't need to trade to get it if you didn't want to.

It is possible to get Charizardite X in-game in X Version, though, so you wouldn't need to trade to get it if you didn't want to.

If I'm not mistaken, either from Sycamore's lab after he lets you choose a kanto starter, or from the stone guy?

If I'm not mistaken, either from Sycamore's lab after he lets you choose a kanto starter, or from the stone guy?

Yes, the stone guy actually gives you a Charizardite X but I don't really have 1,000,000 Pokédollar or what so ever with less prices. Trade makes it easier and cheaper for me.

Or you could increase your style and have the price cut down. Go to the pokeball store and buy 1 pokeball and exit/re enter the menu and repeat until your stylish.

Yes, the stone guy actually gives you a Charizardite X but I don't really have 1,000,000 Pokédollar or what so ever with less prices. Trade makes it easier and cheaper for me.
Yeah, you really need to spend more time around Lumiose. Shop the shops (Poke Ball shop especially), tip people, pick some street fights in those back alleys . . . . if you're stylish enough to be allowed inside Boutique Couture you should be able to get the Mega Stones for 10,000P or less.

I have a question regarding Kyurem's different forms. When Kyurem fuses with one of the other legendary Pokémon, how much does the other Pokémon affect Kyurem's strength? For example, if I fused Kyurem with a level 70 Zekrom, would the resulting Black Kyurem be stronger than a Kyurem of the same lavel fusing with a level 50 Zekrom (when you don't factor in level-up moves)? Also, would the Zekrom's EVs matter, or only Kyurem's?

My friend was telling me about a shiny hunting method called the 'blue light' method or something. He said after walking around for a while, the blue light on the 3ds will flash which guarantees a double chance of shiny in friend safaris.

Now, I do not believe this entirely so my question is is my friend fooling himself into believing this or is he misinterpreting this for the "being online at same time" method? Or another method?

I have a question regarding Kyurem's different forms. When Kyurem fuses with one of the other legendary Pokémon, how much does the other Pokémon affect Kyurem's strength? For example, if I fused Kyurem with a level 70 Zekrom, would the resulting Black Kyurem be stronger than a Kyurem of the same lavel fusing with a level 50 Zekrom (when you don't factor in level-up moves)? Also, would the Zekrom's EVs matter, or only Kyurem's?
Kyurem does not 'inherit' anything from Reshiram or Zekrom; its Black and White Formes just have stronger stats than regular Kyurem.

Kyurem (Pokemon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokemon encyclopedia
Regular Kyurem: BST 660, mixed attacking role (attack scores of 120/130)
Black Kyurem: BST 700, physical attacking role (170)
White Kyurem: BST 700, special attacking role (170)

Kyurem does not 'inherit' anything from Reshiram or Zekrom; its Black and White Formes just have stronger stats than regular Kyurem.

Kyurem (Pokemon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokemon encyclopedia
Regular Kyurem: BST 660, mixed attacking role (attack scores of 120/130)
Black Kyurem: BST 700, physical attacking role (170)
White Kyurem: BST 700, special attacking role (170)

Thanks a lot! I'm EV-training my Black Kyurem currently, I want it to be a strong as possible.

My friend was telling me about a shiny hunting method called the 'blue light' method or something. He said after walking around for a while, the blue light on the 3ds will flash which guarantees a double chance of shiny in friend safaris.

Now, I do not believe this entirely so my question is is my friend fooling himself into believing this or is he misinterpreting this for the "being online at same time" method? Or another method?

I'm pretty sure the blue light (and the green, orange, and red lights for that matter) do not directly indicate any sort of increased odds of finding a shiny, since they're just meant to notify the players about things happening on their 3DS (SpotPass, Streetpass, friend online, and low battery, respectively). That being said, having the blue light flash does mean he would have to currently be connected to the internet, so your idea about him misinterpreting it makes sense.

When the judge in Kiloude who comments on your Pokemons IVs, says "they cant be beat in this stat" does that actually mean a 31 IV in that stat.
I watched Tamashis video on youtube and she said whenever he says this it means you have 31 IV in that stat. now I got him to judge all 6 members of my ingame team and he said they cant be beat in at least 1 or 2 stats each.

I really doubt I am that lucky that the 6 I used on my team all had at least one perfect IV of 31, is it perhaps more like he will say cant be beat if ranged say f.e 28 -31?

When the judge in Kiloude who comments on your Pokemons IVs, says "they cant be beat in this stat" does that actually mean a 31 IV in that stat.
I watched Tamashis video on youtube and she said whenever he says this it means you have 31 IV in that stat. now I got him to judge all 6 members of my ingame team and he said they cant be beat in at least 1 or 2 stats each.

I really doubt I am that lucky that the 6 I used on my team all had at least one perfect IV of 31, is it perhaps more like he will say cant be beat if ranged say f.e 28 -31?
He only says that a stat "can't be beat" when it has 31 IVs, so yes, you got lucky that every member in your team has at least one stat with 31 IVs.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom