• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

When the judge in Kiloude who comments on your Pokemons IVs, says "they cant be beat in this stat" does that actually mean a 31 IV in that stat.
I watched Tamashis video on youtube and she said whenever he says this it means you have 31 IV in that stat. now I got him to judge all 6 members of my ingame team and he said they cant be beat in at least 1 or 2 stats each.

I really doubt I am that lucky that the 6 I used on my team all had at least one perfect IV of 31, is it perhaps more like he will say cant be beat if ranged say f.e 28 -31?
He only says that a stat "can't be beat" when it has 31 IVs, so yes, you got lucky that every member in your team has at least one stat with 31 IVs.
Adding to this, if you catch a Pokemon in a Friend Safari you are guaranteed at least two stats having perfect/31 IVs. That may have also played a factor if you Safari-Dive frequently.

When the judge in Kiloude who comments on your Pokemons IVs, says "they cant be beat in this stat" does that actually mean a 31 IV in that stat.
I watched Tamashis video on youtube and she said whenever he says this it means you have 31 IV in that stat. now I got him to judge all 6 members of my ingame team and he said they cant be beat in at least 1 or 2 stats each.

I really doubt I am that lucky that the 6 I used on my team all had at least one perfect IV of 31, is it perhaps more like he will say cant be beat if ranged say f.e 28 -31?
He only says that a stat "can't be beat" when it has 31 IVs, so yes, you got lucky that every member in your team has at least one stat with 31 IVs.
Adding to this, if you catch a Pokemon in a Friend Safari you are guaranteed at least two stats having perfect/31 IVs. That may have also played a factor if you Safari-Dive frequently.

No it was my ingame team, all pre e4. Haxorus, Reuniclus, Chesnaiught, Charizard Lapras and Aegislash.

I did hear a freind say that the starters might be guaranteed at least 1 IV, but he couldnt provide a source he just said he remembered reading it, dont know if its true.

If you happen to have any wild-caught Baby Pokemon (Riolu, Azurill, etc.), those are now guaranteed at least 3IVs, Safari or not.

Uhmm...I do not know if this has already been asked before but I just want to ask the use of Intriguing Stone in Pokemon X/Y?

Thanks!

Uhmm...I do not know if this has already been asked before but I just want to ask the use of Intriguing Stone in Pokemon X/Y?

Thanks!
If I remember correctly, I think you give it to somebody. Since I do not recall what you get I don't think I was too impressed by the reward.

Thanks!

There's a guy in Shalour City looking for something he lost, it turns out the stone is it.

And . . . that is it.

Is it too late to get Pokéball Vivillon? I know it ends today, but is it already over? I tried looking for it on the internet through mystery gift, but it said there were no gifts to be found ;____;

Is it too late to get Pokéball Vivillon? I know it ends today, but is it already over? I tried looking for it on the internet through mystery gift, but it said there were no gifts to be found ;____;

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the event is over. Once it hits midnight of that specific day, the event is over.

X and Y Shiny Legends?

First of all...Why did they shiny lock Zygarde, Yveltal and Xernas? Second, are they ever going to distribute them somehow? This is very frustrating... :133s:

Re: X and Y Shiny Legends?

I think you are right, they locked it so that no one will (legitimately) have a shiny version of them so they can give out shiny versions of them at a later date.

Re: X and Y Shiny Legends?

The "official" reason I've heard is that Nintendo and GameFreak didn't want people to soft reset 100's of times to get a shiny one. But considering that doesn't affect them AT ALL, there must be another reason.

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the event is over. Once it hits midnight of that specific day, the event is over.

I just got it on my X version about three minutes ago. I am in the US, I'm not sure where y'all are. That might make a difference.

I just got it on my X version about three minutes ago. I am in the US, I'm not sure where y'all are. That might make a difference.

Hmm. I dunno then. I got mine 2 days ago. So I couldn't really test it even if I wanted to. But I guess the event is still running until today is over, so keep trying OP~

Why were Yveltal, Xerneas and Zygarde shiny locked? This makes no sense. Are they planning on distribute them through an event or are we just going to end up being stomped on in the end like with many other things?

Why were Yveltal, Xerneas and Zygarde shiny locked? This makes no sense. Are they planning on distribute them through an event or are we just going to end up being stomped on in the end like with many other things?

I dont know why they did it, it seemed to be because they dont want them caught shiny for some reason or other. It is possible they want to distribute them shiny as an event, though there's no telling if it will happen. They do occasionally give out shiny events of Pokemon that are shiny locked like the Shiny Genesect event.

I got mine 15mins ago. My location is South East Asia so I guess it's not too late to get it.

Does the ability Cloud Nine terminate the weather only when the Pokemon with it is brought into battle, or does it not allow weather on the field at all when a Pokemon with it is out?

Does the ability Cloud Nine terminate the weather only when the Pokemon with it is brought into battle, or does it not allow weather on the field at all when a Pokemon with it is out?
I think it just removes the effects of weather and not the weather itself, it means the weather remains but its effects are negated. Also, when the pokemon with Cloud Nine comes out all weather effects are negated and it doesn't allow anyone else to setup weather.

Last edited:

I just tried downloading Vivillon again and this time it worked... huh.

Don't know if this is simple question but: I was breeding Spoinks in moon ball when I noticed odd graphics glitch. Sometimes Spoinks are completely white in hatching animation- with exception of little rectangular portion near their nose o_0

When you check their summary, place them in poke-amie or send into battle they look normal. Only hatching animation is sometimes glitched and they are lacking most of their color. Spoinks are completely legal and bred from moon ball female caught legitimately in Heart Gold with Hoenn sounds.

Has anyone encountered same oddity? I son't know if it is caused by apricorn ball and whether or not it is exclusive to spoink- since I never have encountered this glitch with other pokemon but now twice with spoink. One Spoink hatched normally. All are non- shiny and I know what shiny Spoink is supposed to look like - so it's not that.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom